Sign in to follow this  
Jess♥

Star Wars : The Force Awakens

Mirabilis, words fail me. You are just punishing yourself. I can't believe we watched the same movie and came away with such differing viewpoints.

Kylo Ren cutting his own arm off... I can definitely see him mutilating himself in an effort to strengthen his own control, to overcome the conflict inside himself. Especially after getting pwned by Rey.

Or Snoke might do it to him to punish him and give him more focus at the same time. It's not far-fetched... Yakuza do it when they have failed in some big way. They just cut off a finger, though.

Speaking of Snoke: it's a cinch that his identity is meant to be a surprise, and a sucker bet that the hologram is not his true appearance. Snoke could still turn out to be a female.

There is another theory which might fit in more with the way Star Wars seems to do business. A while ago I considered the possibility that Anakin Skywalker wasn't literally 'conceived by the Force' as Qui-Gon concluded from what little information he had. Most people seem to think that, since Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious were experimenting at the time with harnessing life force, creating life, through Force manipulation, Anakin's birth was an unintended side effect; like a pearl formed by an oyster in response to an irritant. Personally, I thought it was a lot more likely and poetic if Anakin was simply Palpatine's kid. It might even have been part of Plagueis' plan. Palpatine was also very strong in the Force; if the offspring of such an individual were manipulated by an accomplished Force user who had dedicated himself to his goal, they could create an even more powerful Force-sensitive. Plagueis and Sidious would almost have to have known of the prophecy about the Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force. Why shouldn't the Sith be the ones to produce and control such an individual? Shmi might believe 'there wasn't a father' but somehow I suspect two Sith lords would have no trouble at all to roofie a young slave woman.

Anyway... I think Snoke might be another one of Palpatine's children. Anakin's brother. This movie series is about family - I didn't come up with that, Lucas stated it outright. Palpatine and Vader have a pretty messed-up father-son-type relationship. Perhaps it was more than an example of that type of relationship.

• Like 1

ok, since we're letting the spoilers fly, Rey is luke's daughter!

theory, jedi have a high count of midichlorians in their blood cells. midichlorians are also in all living cells, including semen.

as rey was conceived, luke would of passed on some knowledge/memories/power to her through the transfer of midichlorians, although dormant.

because no one has trained her to focus enough to use them which strongly connects her to the force.

the reason why she suddenly seems more powerful than kylo is because as mentioned in the movie, kylo is the son of han and leia.

leia hadn't received any training/knowledge in using the force, so the midichlorians she would of passed on would of been 'blank', so to speak, so kylo would require more training in using the midichlorians in his cells to weild the force.

i guess like a genetic memory and/or lamarckism.

ok, since we're letting the spoilers fly, Rey is luke's daughter!

theory, jedi have a high count of FORCE in their blood cells. FORCE are also in all living cells, including semen.

as rey was conceived, luke would of passed on some knowledge/memories/power to her through the transfer of FORCE, although dormant.

because no one has trained her to focus enough to use them which strongly connects her to the force.

the reason why she suddenly seems more powerful than kylo is because as mentioned in the movie, kylo is the son of han and leia.

leia hadn't received any training/knowledge in using the force, so the FORCE she would of passed on would of been 'blank', so to speak, so kylo would require more training in using the FORCE in his cells to weild the force.

i guess like a genetic memory and/or lamarckism.

I fixed your post for you.

And I mean seriously, as JJ did say that they are leaving that part out.

And I really doubt it has anything to do with Genetic memory. This isn't Assassin's Creed.

Rey was simply strong with the Force, as was able to use it subconsciously when piloting, as we've seen others do, and  based on stories she had heard. That's why it took her a few tries to get Daniel Craig to listen to her.

hahaha, i really had no idea that jj has mentioned of leaving that subject out.

and to tell you the truth, i've never played assassins creed and don't know the plot of it.

this is just something i thought about which makes any sense to me in the world of starwars that we've been exposed too.

There's nothing misogynistic about my arguments. Because you want them to be that way doesn't make them so. Just because you're upset that I pointed out the fact that there was a p.c. angle or message in the film doesn't make me a misogynist. I've explained in detail how my argument is not misogynistic and used perfect examples of great female leads and roles that I love in films. The films they stared in did not shove a political agenda down society's throat. I've also explained several times that Abrams PURPOSEFULLY (even he admitted it) made this Star Wars a girl power movie. The obvious thing I'm referring to, is that in the movie. You can see the self-empowered entitled attitude within Rey's character. You want to see a misogynist? This guy, thinks girls are no good than instinctively serving in his words "the bird". I don't agree with him on everything, though does that make his points any less credible? Of course not. Just because I point things out in videos, things you might find offensive to you personally, (which is subjective) doesn't automatically make me a misogynist. It seems like you're suggesting that if I don't agree with you then I'm automatically a misogynist. Sorry, that's far from the case.

Edited by Mirabilis

It's the tone of voice. That really says it all. Here is a man who has figured it all out, who is privy to the secret undercurrent of truth that lies beneath the deceptive veneer of society. The name of the man's account, good grief. He's going to wake us all from the shared hallucination the feminist computers have lulled us into to harvest our masculine electricity and body heat to power - or should that be empower - their misoandric cyber-juggernauts.

Thing is: who is Disney pandering to? If they are all about money - which of course they are, they are an American company - why would they focus on self-professed intellectuals and feminists? Did I miss the announcement that those became the leading economic brackets in US society? Why would Disney attempt to 'force a feminist agenda' on an unsuspecting audience? Cui bono? If they are about money, then that is their right. In fact that is the philosophy of all businesses. But then there seems no point to his argument. Is he accusing them of being greedy? Kind of unrealistic. Or is he accusing them of being political? Why would they be? Is the Disney company secretly headed by a feminist cabal that is stealthily, gradually reprogramming all young men and boys to admire and possibly emulate young women? Does he think that if they ever open that refrigerated coffin that is supposed to contain the cryogenically frozen remains of ol' uncle Walt, they will actually see the icy grin of Valerie Solanas? What does he think is the point of his hypothetical 'feminist agenda'?

This seems to be less about society's issues than his own.

Pretty good beard, though. Makes him look really manly even as he is whining like a woman.

...I just realized that what he is doing - is that actually what is meant when people use the obnoxious term 'mansplaining'?

• Like 1

The guy is a tool and a jerk. No doubt about it. I'm not even subscribed to his channel. I only came across it when I searched for Starwars movie reviews. Like I said, he's a misogynist who thinks women instinctively want to or need to serve men. He's way out there with his views. I shared those videos in hopes to show that I don't harbor that kind of contempt or view of women. I agree with him on some of the feminist propaganda stuff that was in the movie, though I don't agree with him on everything. He's maliciously offensive, or attempts to offend people on purpose. A bully. 

Honestly, I stopped reading all of your questions half way through. Like I said before, and many others. I can post more movie reviewers if you want. Others that are not as rude or as offensive as this guy was. Even five of my friends that I can name off the top of my head, said exactly the same thing. They felt like it was a Starwars movie for feminist. I mean, you don't have to look too hard to see the feminist catering, in the movie. I picked it up about half way through. It's not that hard to see. We live in a p.c. society. So yes, disney and other movies are going to make p.c. movies to cater to the p.c. crowd. I think of the the Force Awakens as a remade A New Hope; the p.c. edition. 

I don't know about "mansplaining". Other than this forum I don't get involved in social media too much. To me it's just pointless debates and headaches. I like to listen to various podcasts and spokes persons though on YouTube. Jess was right, I do study gender issues quite extensively. I've taken two classes in sociology and listen to people on YouTube daily. But through study feminism and MRA views, arguments and politics (in order to find what I believed in or to identify as) I realized I didn't agree with either. I believe both sides had valid points but both were bigoted and selective in their views. Only focusing on what was important to them rather than what was best for everyone. Sort of like liberals and conservatives. It shouldn't have come to a surprise to me. Like with politics I would find myself in a third party.

Edited by Mirabilis

Ya know what, I loved this movie for the thrill ride it was, and the fact that I didn't pick up on any political nonsense, which in my opinion ruined the prequals. I didn't see any sexism, or feminism, or any other special messages, other than "NEW STAR WARS IS AWESOME, THE ORIGINAL WAS AWESOME, LETS MAKE ONE LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT UPDATED"

Well that's what I imagined in JJ Abrams and Disney minds anyways.

Here are some other people talking about it too. Just posting these to show I'm not making this up or suffering from some sort of paranoia. The comments sometimes go more into detail as well. By no means are these the only videos about the subject too.

(skip to 6:15 prior to that he talks about American presidential campaigns)

(I loved Katniss myself, but I haven't seen those other movies he mentioned)

(He get's a bit out there with some of his ideas, though he makes some good points)

I felt like these character were representations of the following:

Kylo = Privileged white entitled teenager; whose parents don't understand him.

Finn = Social Justice Warrior who white knights Rey.

Rey = Third wave, self-empowered, feminist.
  Edited by Mirabilis

Mirabilis, you are reading way too deep into this. You are basically making the same type of argument a SJW would make by assuming a political agenda where there is none.

Don't embrace "The personal is political", cause that is what you are doing.

Edited by LordSpleach
  • Like 1

it really doesn't matter if you like ripley or whole slews of other female characters. the very fact that you say that they are doing it in a way that is OK but Rey's way of being confident is not ok, that is misogynist.
Rey being self empowered is a political message? so any woman who feels self empowered is in the wrong? is pushing a political message. I'm sorry but that is the very essence of misogyny.  she's entitled? why shouldn't she be entitled?

and you can't say you're not being misogynist because someone else is doing it worse.  it doesn't negate the way your words come across.

why do you keep saying I want you to be misogynist. that's absurd. why would I want that? I want the opposite of that.
I'm asking you repeatedly to give us some evidence. you said that abrams said specifically that star wars 7 is all about girl power. well, get me the quote. it's really very very simple isn't it? the fact you've given nothing of substance means that you're arguing from your own imagined space and using other misogynist's imagined space as fuel for your argument.

let's just use Ripley as an example. she was an ok strong feminist heroine right? one of the defining scenes in alien has her in her skimpy underwear scared for her life and eventually manages to press a button to flush the creature out into space. really freaking impressive.
let's also point out alien resurrection. no political agenda there?  let's just forget about the part where ripleys most intimate parts, her DNA is manipulated and abused throughout the film, and what about winona ryders character? a glorified escaped slave girl? and although ripley was shown to be very strong in this, they say this is only because of the alien DNA mixed with hers. now I don't normally think about these things and I never really picked up on these things in the alien films, I just watched and enjoyed them. but how about you actually give us something of substance like I just did?

seriously, I find myself thinking, maybe there wouldn't have been an issue if the scene where kylo ren interrogated her, she was in her underwear...

the very fact that you say that they are doing it in a way that is OK but Rey's way of being confident is not ok, that is misogynist.
According to whom? You? First off, I never said that. I said I didn't like the political message in the film. It was awkward and offensive. Why did they have to continuously beat the viewers over the head with this propaganda? I had no problem with her being confident in her abilities. I had  no problem with her being a mechanic or defending herself or any of that. It was the poor story writing and the propaganda involved in it.

so any woman who feels self empowered is in the wrong? is pushing a political message.
Please don't put words in my mouth. Once again, you're jumping to conclusions based off of your own assumptions. If you liked the movie good for you.As I've said, I didn't like it for it's p.c. message and bad plot. I don't have to be affiliated with a group in order to not be "insert horrible label/scare-word here"

Why should anyone be entitled? What are they entitled to? Because she has a vagina she's entitled to something? That's sexist. Giving someone something solely based on their gender? No, how about we give things equally to people who are qualified for the position; or award those based off of their merits. Not give hand-outs based on gender.

I can say I'm not a misogynist because I'm not one. Again, I don't have to agree with a political party in order to not be something or to avoid being labeled or stigmatized as something. If that were the case I'd be every scare-word in the book. You would want me to be a misogynist because then you can dismiss my points and force me to "accept" your view and retract my disappointment in the film. It's convenient and you don't have to put forth any work in trying to refute my statements and the statements of so many others. You just dismiss it as misogyny. That's how it's coming across to me anyways. You haven't even given me any rebuttals. You've been asking me questions as if luring me into a trap. As soon as I answer "misogyny, misogyny!" 

You can't just dismiss the fact that I have no problem with those awesome heroines and enjoy those other female heroines because it's convenient for you and easier for you to label me and stigmatize me as something rather than trying to make a counter argument, about the political aspect of the film. Especially when many of those heroines are some of my favorite heroes and my all-time favorite films. But simply because I have a problem with ONE female, feminist propaganda film, that somehow makes all the others irrelevant and makes me hate all women. Yup, that makes total sense. How many times do I have to repeat myself? Why are you still using selective hearing? I don't like ANY political message from ANY group in ANY film I enjoy. Do I have to use the MRA example again? Does that not count? I guess that means I have contempt and hatred for all men too huh? Oh no, it's only women that I do right? Right...You seem to be dismissing every point I make on an emotional level and simply because you find it offensive and you don't want to deal with it and make a counter argument. So it's easy for you to cry out "misogyny" where there obviously isn't any. Many others saw the exact same thing, and are saying the exact same thing about it. They didn't like the propaganda in the movie. But I guess, merely saying that makes them automatically misogynist.

No, there's nothing misogynistic about my not liking political messages in films. It's not misogynistic to point out propaganda in a movie. Many others have done the exact same thing I did. I guess we should all label them as misogynist because they said the movie was a feminist propaganda girl power film too right? I don't have some inner-hatred towards women, or contempt for them.  Don't try to tell me how I feel about a group of people, or a whole sex based off of a movie review, and the fact I didn't like the film. It's a movie, not reality. 

No, misogyny is inner hatred and contempt towards women. I have nothing of the sort. Must I give the list of favorite heroines again? Films with even BETTER heroes and HARDER heroes, and TOUGHER heroes, and STRONGER heroes than Rey? No problem with them. It's the forced down my throat message that was in the film. Gosh, why is this going right through your ears? I don't have to agree with you on your politics Jess. I've given you plenty of examples that you've asked for, several videos reviewing it giving their own input and what they saw. Even one with a clip from a feminist blog claiming it passed some sort of feminist movie test, and an article which blatantly says Abrams wanted to make the movie this way. At this point, it's on you. You can't just dismiss all that because you don't want to deal with it. I don't have to hunt evidence down for you to accept; or that you are willing to accept. The evidence is there; now it's on you. You can't have me do all the work for you, looking for something that you find acceptable. You can't just dismiss the facts I've already provided. That's denial on your part. If you don't like that, tough. I've given so many examples, now it's up to you to refute them. You can't just label it as "misogyny! misogyny!" and never give a counter-argument. One that shows what those people were saying is wrong. If you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong. I'll honestly listen, I'm always open to new ideas and different views. I'm willing to listen to counter arguments. But don't call me a misogynist because you don't like the points I made. Labeling people things like that does nothing but turn them off. Remember that for the future.

First off, I'm not too big of a fan in the first alien film and you know I don't like the third or fourth. The second was incredibly impressive. Ripley was suffering from night-terrors and horrible PTSD. She didn't want to face the Alien but she decided to do so anyways; even though she didn't have to. That right there, was self-sacrifice. To help others, who didn't know what they were getting in, and to save lives so they didn't go through what she did. That is truly heroic. She started out scared but ended up becoming the leader of the group. She took control of the situation when an incompetent man, a supposedly experienced officer failed and was obviously not qualified to lead the group. The brave "mach-o" man who was talking smack and bragging throughout the entire film, lost his senses and became a coward; whereas Ripley became the headstrong, collected leader. Many of the boastful "manly men" were all killed in the first battle, completely overwhelmed by the Aliens and believed that they could kill them with relative ease; dismissing Ripley's warnings. She silently confronted the main villain, Burke on her own and placed him back in his place; and caused him so much distress and fear, that he tried to kill her secretly like a coward. Which ultimately backfired on him, she survived and came out on top. Ripley also bounded with a young child in a motherly way, showing a mother's love and care throughout the film. Which ultimately escalated to her risking her own life to save the "daughter" she loved. She destroyed the entire nest single-handily with rage and a vengeance. The same nest that wiped out the entire platoon of "Bad-Ass Marines". She finally confronted the mother Queen with the famous lines "Get away from her, you bitch!" moment. In which she fought and killed the Queen once again, by herself. A Queen that ripped an android in half as if it were nothing no less. Yeah, that is one fricken awesome heroine! Guess what? I never felt like there was any hidden messages in that film, other than the motherly aspect of Ellen and Newt. 

Let's examine another great movie I LOVE. Kill Bill. The main hero, Beatrix Kiddo. One of my favorite vengeance stories and movies of all time! The film starts at her wedding rehearsal, while she's pregnant. Bill, the main villain has his team of assassins bust in the doors and kill everyone present. Yet, Beatrix survives. She was in a coma for four years. After she awoke, she went on the rampage. Seeking vengeance and hunting down all of the assassins one by one. She was the top assassin of the team that betrayed her. She was ruthless, merciless, and unwavering. She wanted blood, and nothing was going to stop her from getting that. She was trained in secret hidden techniques that not even Bill himself received, both a master martial artist and a master swordsman. She killed all of her teammates save for Bud and dismembered 88 bodyguards that belonged to Oren-Ishi. In the final confrontation with Bill, a man who was supposed to be unequal in martial combat, we see her face her most extreme test. She was nervous and determined. And through that anger and determination she beat him. Not because of some fluke, but because she was trained with her Master's secret signature technique, that not even Bill knew. He was outmatched, and she killed him. She killed them all, and was reunited with her daughter. But the film doesn't end there, we see her bonding, once again with her daughter; for several scenes that I found interesting to say the least. And we see that motherly love with her child. Her rage and hatred stemmed from the idea that she had lost her child and she was more concerned about avenging her child than her friends and fiance. I love this movie, it's a great vengeance flick. And once again, I felt like there was no p.c. or political message hidden within that film.

Does Rey compare to Ripley or to Beatrix? To me? Not even close. See, I don't hate women, or female leads or heroines. Heck, even Raven is my all time favorite D.C. hero; and I HATE Super-man with a passion. I can't stand him and I had the biggest crush on Raven when I was ages 9-14. I hate D.C. but I love Raven. So, I don't see why it's so hard for you to get that I have no problem with great heroines or female leads. Why do they have to have a p.c. message in the film though? I hate that crap. I don't want that in entertainment movies. It's not needed nor necessary. Just make the movie awesome for the sake of being awesome. Make her awesome without these subtle jabbs from the feminist movement. Why is that needed? Now, if you're going to continue this discussions, (I'm getting rather tired of this now) you need to realize a few things:

1) My not liking a movie because of it's propaganda does not make me misogynistic.
2) My pointing out that there was propaganda in a movie does not make me misogynistic. 
3) You must bring evidence refuting the claims and or accusations made. You cannot dismiss them merely because you want to and because it's easy. If this continues, I'll take that as a sign of forfeiture. 
4) Don't be mad at me for shedding light on this topic when you asked me to.
5) Watch all the clips before continuing so you can see what others and myself are trying to say. Maybe they can get it across in a better way. 

Honestly, at this point I think it's just best to drop it. I'm tired of this, it's been going on for days. You seem hellbent on labeling me a misogynist. It's what many people do here in the States. If someone doesn't agree with something than they're "Insert whatever phobe here" and that's the end of it. It's just a way for people to dismiss the argument and not actually engage in it.

I'm sorry Lordspleach, I'm not trying to. But I felt as if I needed to defend my position sense several people kept asking me questions and also accused me of misogyny. Like I said before, it was an ok film, I didn't care for it. I guess we can leave it at that; I would like to anyways.

Edited by Mirabilis

side note, I can't even watch more than a minute of that guy.
I mean the way he felt he had to point out that Rey being good with mechanics is 'totally fine'.

right... I see, so girls being good at mechanics is plausible then?  because girls can't be good at anything? they must be a subspecies or something yeah?

this is the kind of crap we're talking about here.
the whole of society stinks with it.
I realised the other day, I was surprised when a romantic interest of mine was better than me at programming. I'm pretty good at it, but she is better. she does it as a hobby. I think that's pretty awesome, but why should I be surprised? truth is, I shouldn't. women are as capable as men at most stuff and men are as capable as women at most stuff. let women be builders and let men be nurses. let Rey be freaking awesome and let's not make a fuss about it because all it is, is a awesome character telling a story.

you know what would be even better? if she wasn't born to ANY of the force users we are already aware of. if she was born to totally normal people.

because then there would be no excuse.

whether it was a girl or a boy, this character became awesome just-because.

just because a normal person like you or I, can be exceptional.

it's not about female empowerment (why is that seen as a negative thing anyway? talk about misogyny???)

or about male empowerment (fin was pretty damn good at fighting that electric mace wielding guy even though he was a total rookie, sanitation guy)

it's about making normal people feel empowered.

the message behind the movie... doesn't matter who you are, you can be a racial minority, you can be a girl (god forbid!) and you can still be awesome!

it really hurts me that this kind of message is seen as a bad thing or political agenda?

bottom line... what is the political agenda? that women can be awesome? well I guess I should just shoot myself now if that is a crime.

• Like 1

I agree with most of what you just wrote. As far as Rey being born of the force itself, that would be great. An awesome explanation for her incredible power. I totally agree that women can be just as good, if not BETTER then men at things in life. And vice versa. It's not about one sex is automatically better than the other because..."sex determines everything". I look at it on an individual level. You identify as a woman correct? You're far superior than me in programming. Your love interest is far superior in programming. That's great awesome. I'm not surprised in the least, because that's not something that I'm involved in or a hobby. Maybe you were because it's something you were passionate about. I'm not sure. I've had numerous women beat me in competitions too. Honors classes, awards, script writings all sort of things. They didn't win because of their gender, they won because their stuff was better than mine. I'm fine with that.

As far as the video, yeah that guy is a complete tool. However, I did post more videos that were not as offensive as that guy. They talk about the plot-holes, fan service, the propaganda and other things too. Even mention her as a Mary Sue. I'll read your article though. 

in was pretty damn good at fighting that electric mace wielding guy even though he was a total rookie, sanitation guy
Yeah, I felt like that fight made no sense. How in the heck did he even know how to wield a lightsaber properly? I don't know.

doesn't matter who you are, you can be a racial minority, you can be a girl (god forbid!) and you can still be awesome!
I agree with that statement. I just don't like the propaganda slapping me in the face every few seconds. I get it, and I agree, I understand now can we just watch the movie now please? See what I mean? It was annoying, that they "had to make sure I knew." 

I am a woman. yes.

I'll look at those other videos then. should be interesting.

Finn was pretty damn good at fighting that electric mace wielding guy even though he was a total rookie, sanitation guy

Yeah, I felt like that fight made no sense. How in the heck did he even know how to wield a lightsaber properly? I don't know.

Finn worked at sanitation, like - apparently, going by General Hux' words - lots of Stormtroopers, since they actually participated in the construction of Starkiller Base. Finn is pretty green, as he says that it was his first battle, which is probably why he got the 'shitty' job, ahahahah, but he's still a Stormtrooper... and those guys are made to be warriors. So I think they are trained in any kind of fighting. Hand-to-hand, fire-arms, but also daggers, staves, clubs... and swords.

Mirabilis, your viewpoint is not going to gain much support so long as you keep calling the movie 'feminist propaganda'. It's an unfair and unreasonable allegation. What is the underlying logic? Why would Disney make a movie that appeals to people who are not known for their love of action-based fantasy movies? This is not arthouse stuff. It is not going to provoke profound thoughts. That's not what this franchise is about.

Actually I am somewhat surprised they never asked Michael Bay to make one of these. "On one condition. That I get to shoot a big-ass explosion." "How about blowing up an entire solar system?"

If anything you would expect them to focus on the young males.

Also it's Star Wars. Not 'Starwars'.

Edited by Salkafar

talking about stormtroopers,I m surprised there is a female (commander?) one  in black, I thought they are all males no matter wat their rank.

Edited by xfool

I'm pretty sure after the Clones issue (didn't they mention something like that in the movie?) they started a draft. So it's not surprising to me to see a variety in Storm Troopers. I kind of was hoping to see Ventress return honestly though. Since she disappeared after the Clone Wars and was never seen again. I doubt she'll be in it though. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I should watch it again and try to just enjoy the movie or something. It's difficult for me to do that with movies though because I'm such a big critic lol. Some friends of mine were talking to me about the film again recently and they were explaining it as "the force came alive and awoke in Rey; hence the name of the film." I think one of you guys mentioned that too. I'm willing to buy that as for the reasons of her incredible powers that she gained so quickly. But I still sort of think it's a little lazy in story plotting. 

Edited by Mirabilis

I'm pretty sure after the Clones issue (didn't they mention something like that in the movie?) they started a draft. So it's not surprising to me to see a variety in Storm Troopers. I kind of was hoping to see Ventress return honestly though. Since she disappeared after the Clone Wars and was never seen again. I doubt she'll be in it though. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I should watch it again and try to just enjoy the movie or something. It's difficult for me to do that with movies though because I'm such a big critic lol. Some friends of mine were talking to me about the film again recently and they were explaining it as "the force came alive and awoke in Rey; hence the name of the film." I think one of you guys mentioned that too. I'm willing to buy that as for the reasons of her incredible powers that she gained so quickly. But I still sort of think it's a little lazy in story plotting. 

yeah she kick Kylo Ren's ass so hard it kinda makes u wonder if she get trained by Luke shes prob gonna become the most powerful Jedi ever.

Just watched the movie. It's fantastic! For me, it's definitely better than 1 and 2 episodes (not sure about 3 and the original trilogy). The only thing I disliked is the Snoke's animation/design. It seems dated/out of place/too simple.

Edited by Cannibal

Oh.. also... this is the face beneath the mask...

christie-top-gwendoline-christie-s-star-

Hum. In the context of the discussion we had on this thread, it's odd that Phasma turned out to have feet of clay. The most competent villain in the movie was General Hux, who is a very manly man.