Did King Arthur Actually Exist?

Mirabilis

So the Arthurian stories are incredibly complex and difficult to follow. There's so much going on and happening I don't have the faintest idea of it's chronology, the order of events or even in what year it was supposed to have taken place. Is there even any actual historical evidence to him, or some physical evidence? All I know is that he was supposed to come from Britannia or tradition Wales; before it was named Wales. 

• Like 1

I mean of course I've seen all the Hollywood movies. King Arthur, Sword In the Stone, First Knight and know the general "famous stories". But they all have their own little spins. The only actual piece I read was Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. But like I mentioned, I don't know the chronology of the Arthurian legends or anything like that. It seems like he jumps all over the place in time. Some try to say he existed but others say he was pure myth. I personally don't know what to believe; but am open to ideas.