I cannot believe how bad this looks; Eisenbergs Luther is a farce, yes they have a cave troll and that 'I thought she was with you' line is right out of the Clooney Batman.

This film is not looking good now. Less was definitely more.

Also Afflecks Batman looks good but he acts strange like he's nervous.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not going to work.   Batman versus Superman has been an iconic image ever since Frank Miller wrote the scene in The Dark Knight Returns.     And it worked because, until that moment, Su

Sooo... It's out.  

Oh  great. They have a cave troll.

Posted Images

having said that, it is reminiscent of doomsday which suggests where they are going. they are linking doomsday to a kryptonian aberration. this may mean that we are going to see a third movie featuring doomsday.

Guys. This is Doomsday. If it were Bizarro, it would wear a uniform. And be less feral. It even has the bone spurs sticking out.

The original Bizarro was not created from or by Zod - that story was from 1982 - but was an imperfect copy of Superboy. In 1958.

doomsday-cave-troll.jpg?fit=750%2C%20999

Unngh. Seriously, guys?

Edited by Salkafar
  • Like 2

perhaps not 'bizarro superman' but something akin to it.

because i may not know much about comics, but I know that doomsday was made on krypton by scientists in ancient times. and the process took decades.

I read that comic book, one of the very few I have read.  he wasn't made from a modern kryptonian, certainly not one of the calibre of zod, which is what we are led to believe is used as the basis for this thing.

also, when we look at doomsday in the comic books, I find it hard to believe that they would do such a terrible job of designing him. I mean yeah there is bone protrusions... but doomsday is freakin crazy looking.

post-1-0-12742600-1449262142_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-10553200-1449262152_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-65841900-1449262182_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-06567100-1449262197_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well... picking up from that: a guy on 9Gag reminded us that Doomsday adapts while fighting. So this is how he looks at the start of the battle... but he may well develop the bone spurs during the fight.

Ugh. New 52-Doomsday. I'll NEVER understand why they added ram's horns. Didn't he look menacing enough, and they thought it would help?

Of course, it could be worse.

2088754-doomsday.jpg

Edited by Salkafar

Well in any case it's not doomsday from the comic book. But Lex in this movie can call it what he likes. There's no denying it looks more like doomsday than anything.

But I was thinking that this may be a precursor or foreshadowing. I think bringing actual doomsday in at this point would be foolish.

I mean that was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Doomsday.

It's just that the story doesn't fit.

And I probably wouldn't have queried it if lordspleach hadn't mentioned bizarro. The origin of bizarro was the thing zod did to make duplicates of himself. And lex is using zods body and the birthing pods in the downed kryptonian ship.

• 3 months later...

the effects were great and i was blown away for maybe the first 15minutes or so. the rest was, i guess.....ok.

i felt it was alittle rushed to try and bring the dc universe (justice league) to the cinemas.

I have to say, with everything Hollywood should have learned over the last decade-and-a-half of superhero movies (and given that DC started the genre, way back in the Seventies, and redefined it in 1989), this outcome is simply unacceptable and inexcusable.

BvS%20-%20RT_zpsxfn846wk.jpg

Edited by Salkafar
  • Like 1

I have to say, with everything Hollywood should have learned over the last decade-and-a-half of superhero movies (and given that DC started the genre, way back in the Seventies, and redefined it in 1989), this outcome is simply unacceptable and inexcusable.

Agreed.

Though DC/WB has had issues with doing crappy movies with their characters, the current trend set by Marvel/Disney and partially Fox ( the X franchise to be precise) has shown a much better way to do things.

However, I believe that the execs at DC/WB have no faith in both the current trend and it seems their own IP's... And want to rush out their combined team movie before the trend fades and they can't make a billion dollars off of one movie... And as such, they try and do a movie that utilizes parts from two of its most overrated, but famous story lines... But doesn't go full in with either and shoehorns both into a set up movie... And then give that idea to a creative team that preemptively almost ruined one of the two main characters in the first place.

And it's really not any of the actors, except jessie Eisenberg, who are the problem. I mean sure, Henry Cavill needs to smile more as Superman, instead of being so down all the time... but Ben Affleck's Batman was pretty good, and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman was surprisingly so... But the plot and the script just doesn't cut it for this kind of movie.

And it's funny, because they have done all these characters before, and despite being animated, they were much more believable as characters.

I'll give it 7/10 . its pretty good and never feels boring except for maybe the begining part ,there is a few WTF moments though esp that weird Batman's dream , did he dream of the flash(?) warning him as well? That was the most bizzare part.

Edited by xfool
  • Like 1

Watched it last Friday, I felt it was good and entertaining and overall was a better story than Man of Steel but felt like it dragged at times. What was important to me was that I never felt like I wasted my money watching it. 

Entertaining at times but really didn't live up to its title and as always Superman being made to look like an idiot by poor writers when Batman's involved. This movie really would have been a lot better without Batman or any of those forced JLA moments in my opinion. I would have been much happier with the superman redemption movie that was teased here.

Edited by Prometheus Guyver

I'm with xfool on this one. I see some of the flaws of the movie but I just don't get the hate.

I think the majority of the reviews online have been able to pinpoint the flaws/"Hate" fairly articulately. The "hate" stems mostly from a few things that stick out like a sore thumb in the movie... For instance...

- Like how they still do not "get" Superman. They didn't learn anything from Man of Steel.

- Cramming 3 major plotlines into a single movie and only makes use of two of them in the last 30 minutes of a 2.5 hour movie.

- Forced "Youtube quality character reveals" of major DC characters, instead of more subtle approaches

- They also do not "get" Lex Luthor at all. And Eisenberg was horrible in the role.

- They get mad at Superman for "supposedly killing terrorists", but Batman goes on a murder spree in the Batmobile of mercenaries/thugs and no one seems to care at all?

- Not fleshing out Wonder Woman more, so seems like shoehorning her into the movie just so she can be in the final fight.

- Batman's dreams were too weird and too specific. If he have had something happen to him, then maybe we could understand the visions... but nope. Just has them.

To name a few.

But the big two are:

- They are trying to "catch up" to Marvel with the "Team Movie Genre" without trying to build any of the structure, and the movie feels bloated AND rushed at the same time for it. This could have been 2 or 3 movies with the plot lines involved in the movie. (This complaint originates before the movie even had it's first trailer... But sadly the movie itself adds fuel to that fire of the criticism because not only did they decide to make a team up movie right away, but jammed so much in it that it basically is a set up movie with some plots thrown around it.)

- Marvel/Disney understands their characters and audience better. They try and stick to the formula's that made the character who they are. Snyder doesn't care and does what he wants. There is plenty to be said about "Artistic vision" and the like... But not for 50 year old iconic characters. You can find ways to modernize them, but you can't change them.

Now, using Marvel/Disney as a reference against the movie may sound a little fan-boyish or bias... But DC/WB has taken the wrong lessons from Marvels success, but wants the same success... But they are lacking the one thing that Marvel/Disney are doing ( and more recently even Fox): Respect for the Character and Lore, of which they have shown near zero for in the two movies they have for this universe so far. Sure they have USED lore... But with no respect for it.

But don't get me wrong, people think a 5 out of 10 means it's a BAD, TERRIBLE NO GOOD MOVIE... When in actuality, it means more along the lines of "Meh, it's average. Good and bad, but nothing great etc...". We've all come to expect different things out of rating systems, and it's kind of sad that everyone thinks anything below a 6 or a 7 is pure garbage. And of course, there was no question that it would make a bunch of money... at first. But whether it has the staying power is the question.

This is one of those movies that could possibly have scored a bit higher if there already had not been something superior doing the same thing, only better... But we do. And they have 13+ movies and 4+ CONNECTED tv shows that are ALL positively reviewed ( Thor 2 (66%) and the Hulk (67%) are the lowest)... While DC has 2 out with negative scores and 2 more coming... One that is getting re-shoots no doubt because of BvS's dismal reviews (Suicide Squad).

And say what you will about Christopher Nolan's Batman films... But they were not "Comic book" movies. Sure he used a comic book character, but he made him for the real world. It worked for that series, but it doesn't work for a world with Superman and Wonder Woman.

So yeah, I think all the "hate" is pretty well deserved and understandable.

Was it still entertaining?

Sure.

Was it a good superhero movie that respected the lore, and who the characters are? ( or even respect the current movie industry?)

Nope.

• Like 1

- They also do not "get" Lex Luthor at all. And Eisenberg was horrible in the role.

yeah Lex seems kinda crazy.

- They get mad at Superman for "supposedly killing terrorists", but Batman goes on a murder spree in the Batmobile of mercenaries/thugs and no one seems to care at all?

If I m not wrong some innocent causalties are involved not the terrorists

- Not fleshing out Wonder Woman more, so seems like shoehorning her into the movie just so she can be in the final fight.

Not enough time I guess?

- Batman's dreams were too weird and too specific. If he have had something happen to him, then maybe we could understand the visions... but nope. Just has them.

well I guess thats because he is       BATMAN!  :biggrin: 

yeah Lex seems kinda crazy.

If I m not wrong some innocent causalties are involved not the terrorists

Not enough time I guess?

well I guess thats because he is       BATMAN!  :biggrin: 

- Lex Luthor - I've actually heard people argue about this... That "Alexander Luthor" is not the real "Lex Luthor" because of one line that Jessie Eisenberg says about it not being his company but his fathers. So his father is also "Lex Luthor"... Difference here is, his father did not deal with Superman, thus is not "Lex Luthor" the Superman villain.

- Yeah, thinking back, there were civilians involved.

- Not enough time, in a 2.5 hour movie, is just poor directing I think... It really should have been broken up into two.

- No sir. He is THE GODDAMMED BATMAN.