Christian Bale not reprising his role as Batman.

H222G981

I don't know why they never approached Christian Bale for the role in Batman vs. Superman.

Instead they hand it off to Ben Affleck.

Christian was never approached for the position and this really irritates me. I think Dare Devil was convincing enough that he can't do it. I'm sick of movie productions taking 9 different actors and putting them behind the role. 

Christian Bale, in my humble opinion will always be the best Batman. He did a great job in the other 3 movies. 

All in all, I couldn't believe that Ben Affleck begged for the role.

"Christian Bale -

“No. I’ve never heard of that. Equally untrue about them coming to me for Batman, before Ben Affleck… I think it’s the right decision. People were talking about this obscene amount of money they were saying was thrown at me. No. I didn’t have a single conversation with anybody about ever playing the role again.â€

"I've got to admit initially, even though I felt that it was the right time to stop, there was always a bit of me going, 'Oh go on… Let's do another,'" Christian told Empire.

"So when I heard there was someone else doing it, there was a moment where I just stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour."

But Christian maintained that even with his shock and jealousy, he made the right decision.

"But I'm 40," he said. "The fact that I'm jealous of someone else playing Batman… I think I should have gotten over it by now."

And he even revealed that he's given Ben some tips via e-mail. How very down-to-earth and un-Hollywood of him!

"I haven't spoken with Ben, but I emailed him offering bits of advice that I learned the hard way," Christian said. "I would imagine he is doing everything he can to avoid anything that I did."

They totally just cut him out, completely. Yeah, I am glad that the guy from Man of Steel is back. But Ben Affleck? Hell no. That guy destroys everything he touches. 

All I'm saying is that I'm disappointed.

They better work a miracle and make sure Ben does better than Christian. But wait....Christian always been a great actor and well...Ben's just...no where near close to competing. 

http://screenrant.com/batman-christian-bale-superman-justice-league/

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2013/07/22/superman-batman-to-team-up-new-movie

I believe that Christian Bale is a very good actor dedicated to his craft. And I also believe that he did a very good job in the Nolan films. Although I do wish him to play the role in the new movie, I have to say that the producers made the right decision.

For one, it might be that they want to establish the batman begins as a separate universe compared to that man of steel universe.

As for Ben Affleck, I say to give him a chance. Everyone had the same reaction when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman. Who knows, he just might surprise us. I will reserve judgement until I finally see the film.

The producers have to remember, this is a movie that will make or break them. If they can't pull this off, there is no way for them to even reach the level of where marvel is. They really have to literally wow us otherwise they will lose us.

I can imagine the pressure on Ben Affleck. He knows how the fans reacted when he was cast as Batman, so I would guess that he will have to put greater effort in the role.

Bale had said long before the casting for the new movie that he was pretty much done. This "Part of me would still do it" thing is only a recent thing that was said.

And besides, this is NOT Nolan's Batman that is in Batman V Superman. Nolan's Batman was grounded in reality, and there were no "Super" heroes in his world. Bale did his part, and did his trilogy. And he ended it fine.

They are going in a totally new direction with this cinematic universe, and need someone who might stick around for one or two more AFTER this one. I doubt Bale would have done any more than one. Plus I'd prefer it that if this movie fails, that Nolan's trilogy remains unscathed.

And don't go knocking Affleck for "Ruining everything he touches". His last few movies were really well done, and critically acclaimed for both his acting and directing. Won a few award for them as well. He had a bit of a rough spot there (the J-Lo years), but that seems to have moved on. ( and I could probably find plenty of examples of Bale doing shitty in a movie. Terminator: Salvation, and his most recent one as Moses, to name two...)

I'm staying cautious about the entire movie and DC cinematic universe, as they don't have the more solid starting that Marvel had... And quite clearly are trying to jump on the bandwagon... When it is already well up to speed.

So currently, whether or not Affleck will be good in the movie is one of the LEAST concerns we should have about the movie.

Bale as best batman? debatable, Best Bruce Wayne on the other hand most definitely, I have not been a fan a of Batman since Dark Knight for some reason the over saturation of the character and the glorification of him just got me tired overall, I missed it when he was not a big Mary Sue and was actually human but that is just me. Bale did a fine Job but I could never get over his Batman voice, never could take him seriously and Dark Knight Rises did not help when they butchered my favorite Batman Villain. As for Ben Affleck, I will reserve my judgment until I see him in action, it all depends on the script, his role as Daredevil hurt cause of the script he was given and did the best he could do with what he had, now even if he nails it in Batman v. Superman it does not guarantee that the movie will be good, from the moment they announced it I have been very worried cause honestly it just feels like they are trying to play catch up with Marvel instead of doing their own thing but who knows? I might be wrong, we will see when the movie releases eventually.

• Like 1

I have a very good reason not to reserve judgment as its already on Ben's resume.

How can you reserve judgment when Ben Affleck played a role very similar to Batman? Not only that, he messed it up. Which was one reason why a lot of Batman fans didn't want him to touch the role for this movie?

Matt Murdock, Dare Devil. 

He and Bruce Wayne are two bachelors. One is a blind lawyer in Marvel who beats the living hell out of criminals who get off from court or don't go to prison.Bruce is the other guy who pretty much shares the same view.

Sure, Bruce has more toys than Matt. Although they are two completely different characters, they have many of the same motives.

So those are my reasons for not wanting Ben Affleck doing it. 

He's been in a few good movies. But he'll never measure to George Clooney or Christian Bale. 

Oh my God!  I can't believe you will mention George Clooney.  I have no respect for George Clooney for what he did to the franchise.  He admitted he played Batman Gay!  Granted that it was mainly Schumacker who killed the franchise, he played a role on it.  I will never recognize George Clooney for his work in the franchise.  He can't even act!  Look at all of his movies and he has one demeanor!  One!

As to Ben Affleck, I'm not defending him.  I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt.  I've read that he really worked out for the role, even his wife was wowed by his physique, so you really have to give him that for this dedication.  Although it's very hard to imagine him in a role without his good friend Matt Damon, I think he deserves a chance.  Well, he did win an award for his work on Argo.  Come on, let's give sad batman a chance. :mrgreen:

I like Daredevil. The movie.

And it's Daredevil, btw, not 'Dare Devil'.

Sorry for my misspelling.

*gasp* :o   :o :o  :o  :o

*double gasp*  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Oh NO, please No. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther. This movie is getting scarier by the minute.

GRj5JoM.jpg

NO NO NO, the casting is all wrong!!!!

Ent_2013_Feb_Jesse-Eisenberg-Lex-Luthor_

Seriously?? Are you kidding me?

They could have gotten the guy from Smallville do this part?

Why in the hell not Michael Rosenbaum?

He's the best Lex Luther ever.

Even Stanley from Marvel said he was the best. In fact, he is Lex.

michael_rosenbaum.jpg

I mean, sheesh!!!!!

Why not get actors like Michael or Christian Bale who already have played the role!!!??!!??

This movie is getting worse by the minute. Major flat line in the reviews is what I see coming.  :o

The only good thing thats gonna happen is the chick who is playing Wonder Woman and she can't save this movie.  :o  :o

John-Doe2014726192705.jpg

Half of the fans wanted Michael to reprise his role for this film and that didn't happen. What the hell is wrong with the producers? They didn't even approach him for the role!

While Michael Rosenbaum has been acting steadily for over 15 years, having played dozens of different characters, many DC fans would agree that Rosenbaum’s portrayal of Superman arch-villain Lex Luthor remains his most indelible creation. Rosenbaum played the iconic character for 7 of Smallville’s 10 seasons, spanning across both the WB and The CW networks, and even reprised the role for the long-running drama’s series finale.

To say Rosenbaum put his own stamp on the role of Luthor would be an understatement, but fans of DC’s animated universe know full well that Rosenbaum’s involvement with legendary comic characters didn’t stop there. From 2001-2006, Rosenbaum played The Flash and his alter ego Wally West on the popular Cartoon Network animated series Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and returned to the role for 2012 direct-to-video animated feature Justice League: Doom.

http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-michael-rosenbaum-luthor-flash/

Edited by Jupiter Knight
  • Like 1

i have to agree that both keating and bale played batman well as actors, but there was always one thing working against them. in my opinion, they were both too short to play the character!

would have to wait and see if affleck's acting has improved at all? but i have a feeling that this movie might just be all action and visual drama.

when did ronan keating play batman?? O_o

oh, hey that lex luthor guy? so which movie is he in? is he the guy from spiderman? bald millionaire. and he was played by the big black powerhouse in daredevil.

which is daredevil again? is that DC? will daredevil be in this newer batman film?

I didn't like christian bale as batman. I find him to be a kind of a girly guy. he is too girly to be batman in my view.  I think ben affleck is quite masculine and he is handsome. I think he would look good opposite the new superman.

when did ronan keating play batman??

oh, hey that lex luthor guy? so which movie is he in? is he the guy from spiderman? bald millionaire. and he was played by the big black powerhouse in daredevil.

which is daredevil again? is that DC? will daredevil be in this newer batman film?

I didn't like christian bale as batman. I find him to be a kind of a girly guy. he is too girly to be batman in my view. I think ben affleck is quite masculine and he is handsome. I think he would look good opposite the new superman.

1. He meant Michael Keaton

2. Lex Luthor is Superman's #1 villian. Human, Rich, a genius. He's basically an evil/corrupt version of Tony Stark, who is jealous of Superman and power hungry. And has made many suits of power armor over the decades. The guy you are thinking of is: Wilson Fisk "The Kingpin", and he is also from Marvel and not DC. Lex Luthor is Superman's #1 enemy of all time, and is also a bald, rich badguy... But not nearly as huge as the Kingpin is made out to be by some artists. Their big difference, is that Fisk is a crime boss, and Luthor is a businessman. (A very corrupt and evil business man at that)

3. Daredevil is a blind human with enhanced senses who fights crime, and is also a lawer. He belongs to marvel, and is getting a new series on Netflix. He was also played by Ben Affleck in a live action movie. Daredevil will not be in the Batman v Superman movie (again, he is a Marvel character), but Ben Affleck who has PLAYED Daredevil in a movie already, is Batman in the new movie.

• Like 2

Thanks Matt, I got it now.

I remember now, Lex Luthor is that guy in smallville.  I didn't watch all of those but I caught quite a bit of the last few series' with spike from buffy in it.

wilson fisk, I remember that name from when I was little. he was in the spiderman cartoons.  I'll have to remind myself that the spiderman cartoons and the batman cartoons were separate. I keep getting confused with one time when I saw some episodes back to back and at one point, I thought blade was in a batman cartoon, but it was spiderman.

I guess I didn't understand that daredevil is in marvel because I have never seen him hanging around with spiderman or x-men or hulk, or capta, or thor.  or ironman.

so.... does lex luthor get power armour with the green rocks in it like that robot guy in the dean cain superman? or what about the big computer robot in the film where that woman goes inside and gets turned into a computer. was that made with the same things.. I remember that black dude was looking at a cigarette packet and he made a compound with tar that was just like the green rocks. and then the computer was in the mountain and lex luthor was there on a donkey.  yeah I remember lex luthor doing those things. oh and that last superman film too. where he made that giant floating rock. and it made him stronger than superman or something.  I get it, he is like a rich business man scientist genius. I'll try and remember that.

brandon roth?

2. Lex Luthor is Superman's #1 villian. Human, Rich, a genius. He's basically an evil/corrupt version of Tony Stark, who is jealous of Superman and power hungry. And has made many suits of power armor over the decades. The guy you are thinking of is: Wilson Fisk "The Kingpin", and he is also from Marvel and not DC. Lex Luthor is Superman's #1 enemy of all time, and is also a bald, rich badguy... But not nearly as huge as the Kingpin is made out to be by some artists. Their big difference, is that Fisk is a crime boss, and Luthor is a businessman. (A very corrupt and evil business man at that)

You mean more like Superior Iron Man.  Hehehe.

so.... does lex luthor get power armour with the green rocks in it like that robot guy in the dean cain superman? or what about the big computer robot in the film where that woman goes inside and gets turned into a computer. was that made with the same things.. I remember that black dude was looking at a cigarette packet and he made a compound with tar that was just like the green rocks. and then the computer was in the mountain and lex luthor was there on a donkey.  yeah I remember lex luthor doing those things. oh and that last superman film too. where he made that giant floating rock. and it made him stronger than superman or something.  I get it, he is like a rich business man scientist genius. I'll try and remember that.

brandon roth?

Lex Luthor does have the green armor, but I think you're thinking of Metallo when you say the armored guy with a Kryptonite.  The Richard Donner films doesn't really stick much to the actual source, so it's going to be difficult comparing it to the new movies.  Additionally, Superman returns isn't exactly the best material to reference things.  Despite Kevin Spacey being a talented actor, I didn't like how he portrayed Lex Luthor.  Besides, that movie is considered as Superman 2.5 when you connect it to the Christopher Reeves films.  Didn't do much to the franchise.  As for Brandon Routh, I guess you'll be seeing him in the TV series arrow (if you are watching that) as Ray Palmer, who will eventually turn into the Atom.

atom? the guy who makes ultron?

metallo seems familiar, yea maybe it was that. was that hte guy who appeared when superman died?

I don't know Arrow. is that the green arrow? he was in smallville.

will they be in hte new film with captain aqua and amazon woman?

and sorry I'm taking this off topic.

atom? the guy who makes ultron?

metallo seems familiar, yea maybe it was that. was that hte guy who appeared when superman died?

I don't know Arrow. is that the green arrow? he was in smallville.

will they be in hte new film with captain aqua and amazon woman?

and sorry I'm taking this off topic.

WB and DC's "Arrow" is the current biggest superhero thing on TV (much more popular than Agents of SHIELD), so much that it even spun off a show about the Flash, and now probably the Atom. it is basically green Arrows story, mixed a bit with Batman lore to keep it a bit darker... and most likely since an actual Batman show would have been rejected due to the Nolan movies at the time. None of the current shows have anything to do with Smallville.

"the Atom" / Ray Palmer is the DC "super shrinking" guy. Your thinking "Ant man" / Hank Pym, who is marvel's super shrinking guy and the guy who created Ultron. Though the Atom can shrink far more than Ant man.

And no, the TV Arrow/Flash/Atom (and upcoming Supergirl) will NOT be apart of the new DC movie franchise... Much to a lot of fans disappointment. They are their own thing, but since WB owns all of DC, they can choose to have 2 different universes if they so desire.

• Like 1