Sign in to follow this  
Demon King Zennon

Dragon Ball Z Movie 15

I never watched the last movie, but did Goku become a god? So that would mean he's Immortal? :huh:

Not quite, think of it more as God Mode.

He dosent become immortal, none of the gods in dragon ball are immortal, they just have really long life spans. Kais can live up to 75,000 years old and Supreme Kais can live for millions upon millions of years. Beerus was around before Old Kai was sealed in the Z sword which was fifteen generations ago for the Supreme Kais but he will die one day and he can be killed. Whis may even be older then Beerus. 

They are considered God because they are born with incredibly high power levels and have supernatural and magical abilites from birth. They also are born and live in Other World and are in charge of governing the universe. The Kais are the gods of creation and management while Beerus is the god of destruction and balance. I should also point out that Beerus wasent always a god, apparently the god of destruction is selected from the mortal realm and turned a god, when they die a god of destruction is chosen.

Also any demons in dragon ball like Dabura where original Kais and Supreme Kais who became corrupt.

To achive this form six pure hearted saiyans must pour their energy into one of them. When they do this the one saiyan dosent just add their power to his own, it multiplies within his body, similer to fusion but on a grander scale. Also their ki is transformed into godly ki which the Kai's, Beerus and Whis have. This ki cannot be sensed by mortals. In this form Goku's full power is equal to Beerus a 90%. This is impressive because Beerus beat Super Saiyen 3 Goku with a flick to the for-head and a genteal chop to the neck, Goku even admitted that even if he fused with Vegeta they wouldn't stand a chance. Besides this Goku is able sense godly ki and and gains the ability can absorb attacks by consuming ki, while this dosent sound like much Goku was able to completely nullify a planet destroying attack from Beerus without taking any damage. Goku may also have other abilites that he dosent know about as he was only in this form for a short time. However the form has one big draw back, its time limit. Goku can only stay in god form for a short time however unlike fusion he dosent loose all the power once time is up. Instead the power slowly ebbs away which means Goku was able to keep fighting in his normal state for a short time. It should be noted that Beerus thinks the forms limitations could be overcome.

Edited by Lord Frieza
  • Like 1

Thank you. That explains a lot. I'm going to watch that movie. I'm so behind its not even funny,lol.  :whoo:

• Like 1

Thank you. That explains a lot. I'm going to watch that movie. I'm so behind its not even funny,lol.  :whoo:

Just as a suggestion you might also want to read Jaco the Galactic Patrolmen to. 

jaco-the-galactic-patrolman.jpg

It kind of a prequel  to Dragon Ball. Also Jaco and some of the cast from the manga are appiring in Revival of F.

Just as a suggestion you might also want to read Jaco the Galactic Patrolmen to. 

jaco-the-galactic-patrolman.jpg

It kind of a prequel  to Dragon Ball. Also Jaco and some of the cast from the manga are appiring in Revival of F.

That looks a little bit like Frieza, lol.  :whoo:

I should also point out that Beerus wasent always a god, apparently the god of destruction is selected from the mortal realm and turned a god, when they die a god of destruction is chosen.

...This sounds vaguely worrying.

• Like 1

I should also point out that Beerus wasent always a god, apparently the god of destruction is selected from the mortal realm and turned a god, when they die a god of destruction is chosen.

In what way?

In what way?

Well, how do they choose? What if they choose someone who is wildly unsuited to the role?  Like Frieza, for instance?

In what way?

Well, how do they choose? What if they choose someone who is wildly unsuited to the role?  Like Frieza, for instance?

How do they choose? The only thing we have seen about this is when Whis the offered the job to Goku out of the blue.

Depends on what you mean by unsuited, Beerus is very well mannered but he's more volatile then nitro-glycerine. He would destroy a planet just because someone was rude to him. There are only two things in the universe he isen't allowed to destroy as far as we know, the sacred world of the kais and his temple. If we wanted to destroy half a galaxy the Kais wouldn't be able to stop him because that's his job. They have no authority over him and he may do as he pleases. He could even destroy a Supreme Kai or even the Grand Supreme Kai himself and he would not be rebuked .

That being said there are things in place to keep the God of Destruction in check. Firstly he spends most of his time sleeping, sometimes for hundreds of year. This seems to be compulsory. Secondly unlike Supreme Kais who can travel anywhere in the universe at will the God of Destruction is grounded. He can only travel as a mortal would (using his ki to fly and move at super speed). If he wants to travel across the universe quickly or to Other World he needs assistance. He also doesn't have the Kais Far-Seeing Arts, a technique which allows them to see what's happening in the universe from afar. This means that the God of Destruction is blind to events taking place in the universe, however while sleeping he can sometimes have prophetic dreams (although Beerus's almost never come true). Also while they have no authority over the God of Destruction once every 1,000 years, the Supreme Kais and the God of Destruction must meet with each other and hold a coordination meeting. Interestingly the God of Destruction dosen't just become all powerful, their power grows over time after becoming a god. For example its been stated that Beerus was the one who sealed away Old Kai in the z sword (this happened they got into an argument over some trifling thing during one of their meetings and the short-tempered Beerus sealed him away because he wasen't allowed to destroy the sacred world of the kais). At the time he was not as powerful as Super Buu but over the years he become so strong that even Vegito wouldn't be match for him

The God of Destruction also seems to have a symbiotic relationship with his Attendant. While he spends most of his time sleeping, his Attendant never sleeps and constantly monitors the universe so he can fill the God of Destruction in on what's been happening while he was asleep. The Attendant also acts as transport for the God of Destruction and will take him where ever he wants to go, however  their form of travel is different to the teleportation of the Supreme Kais

679843-vlcsnap_2013_09_15_18h55m11s58_su

The Attendant to God of Destruction apprise to be from the same race as the Kais and Supreme Kais but he is for more powerful than even Grand Supreme Kai. Not only does he care for and assist the God of Destruction he also acts as  the Gods martial arts teacher. It is also his job to discipline the God of Destruction if he gets to wild. 

Anime_9eb1e8_5456810.jpg

As it stands Whis is the strongest being in the Dragon Ball universe

h9Fhw5f.gif

Edited by Lord Frieza
  • Like 1

I wonder why Whis didn't try to stop Buu when he decided to go on his killing spree. If Goku and Vegeta had failed.

Do you think he and Beerus would have stepped in to deal with Buu?

I wonder why Whis didn't try to stop Buu when he decided to go on his killing spree. If Goku and Vegeta had failed.

In universe I'd say no. As I've pointed out Beerus and Whis are opposites, Beerus has free rain to destroy whatever he likes so its likely that Whis has his hands tied by his role and can only use his power under very specific circumstances such as training Beerus or keeping him in line. However he would fight Buu in self-defence. 

At best Buu would just rampage until Beerus woke up. Whis would tell him and Beerus would think "oh that pink guys running around again". Then Whis would mention that Buu destroyed a planet with food that Beerus liked. Beerus would get mad and go off to destroy Buu.

Don't forget that that protecting the universe isent their job, its the Supreme Kais. Beerus and Whis's job is destruction, Buu going on a rampage just means less work for them. They aren't like the Kais, they dont have to look after the universe and its people. Their are really just a cosmic demolition crew with permission to destroy almost anything. In fact they don't seem to take their job that seriously most of the time. They really just do as they please for the short time Beerus is awake. The only thing that would make them fight to protect the universe would be a cosmic threat that could destroy it entirely. 

Edited by Lord Frieza

In universe I'd say no. As I've pointed out Beerus and Whis are opposites, Beerus has free rain to destroy whatever he likes so its likely that Whis has his hands tied by his role and can only use his power under very specific circumstances such as training Beerus or keeping him in line. However he would fight Buu in self-defence. 

At best Buu would just rampage until Beerus woke up. Whis would tell him and Beerus would think "oh that pink guys running around again". Then Whis would mention that Buu destroyed a planet with food that Beerus liked. Beerus would get mad and go off to destroy Buu.

Don't forget that that protecting the universe isent their job, its the Supreme Kais. Beerus and Whis's job is destruction, Buu going on a rampage just means less work for them. They aren't like the Kais, they dont have to look after the universe and its people. Their are really just a cosmic demolition crew with permission to destroy almost anything. In fact they don't seem to take their job that seriously most of the time. They really just do as they please for the short time Beerus is awake. The only thing that would make them fight to protect the universe would be a cosmic threat that could destroy it entirely. 

That makes sense.

Why weren't the Kai's strong enough to deal with Buu?

Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta pretty much had to do what the Kai's weren't able to do. 

In universe I'd say no. As I've pointed out Beerus and Whis are opposites, Beerus has free rain to destroy whatever he likes so its likely that Whis has his hands tied by his role and can only use his power under very specific circumstances such as training Beerus or keeping him in line. However he would fight Buu in self-defence.

That makes sense.

Why weren't the Kai's strong enough to deal with Buu?

Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta pretty much had to do what the Kai's weren't able to do.

The main reason is that like Frieza the Supreme Kais are born too powerful. The weakest of them could kill Frieza with one blow and South Supreme Kai was strong enough to go blow for blow with Kid Buu for a time. This made them lazy and indulgent, they never trained or bothered to make plans on how to deal with something like Buu. Plus Buu attacked them so quickly and mercilessly that they never had time to formulate a counter attack.

the Z Fighters had for warning about Buu plus time to learn about him and what he could do which allowed them to formulate strategies against him. Also unlike the Kais our heroes have had expirence in dealing with enemies far more powerful then they are.

Edited by Lord Frieza
  • Like 1

Ok big news about the movie. 

The English dub of the new film will be released in theaters across North America in Summer 2015!

However, fans of the franchise may not have to wait until summer to get a look at the film! FUNimation Entertainment has teamed up with 20th Century FOX & Toei Animation to host the world premiere of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ (in Japanese w/ English subtitles) at the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, April 11.

More info here - http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/03/15/funimation-entertainment-announces-acquisition-of-dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f/

Is this the first DBZ movie that's aired in a theater in America?

No, Battle of Gods aired in theaters however it was very limited. It had a red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on July 3, 2014, at the Regal LA Live Stadium 14 Theaters. The film was then played in over 800 theaters across North America on August 5, August 6, August 7, and August 9, 2014.

From what I understand even in this small time frame they made a lot of money, enough to make them do more with Resurrection F

Edited by Lord Frieza

No, Battle of Gods aired in theaters however it was very limited. It had a red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on July 3, 2014, at the Regal LA Live Stadium 14 Theaters. The film was then played in over 800 theaters across North America on August 5, August 6, August 7, and August 9, 2014.

From what I understand even in this small time frame they made a lot of money, enough to make them do more with Resurrection F

This probably the beginning of something great. If DBZ movies like this continue to bring in profit. I'm sure they will make more. I'd like to see Cell make a come back. You have to admit. Next to Buu. He was one tough guy to go up against. 

No, Battle of Gods aired in theaters however it was very limited. It had a red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on July 3, 2014, at the Regal LA Live Stadium 14 Theaters. The film was then played in over 800 theaters across North America on August 5, August 6, August 7, and August 9, 2014.

This probably the beginning of something great. If DBZ movies like this continue to bring in profit. I'm sure they will make more. I'd like to see Cell make a come back. You have to admit. Next to Buu. He was one tough guy to go up against.

I dont think they will bring those two back the same way that its being with Frieza. I like Cell and Buu but I just dont see it happening. Also I dont wont profit to be the main think guiding dragon ball again. Thats how we got GT. I think we will get a nice trilogy of films from Akira Toriyama and then that will be it. 

Don't you find this just a little bit repetitive?

What do you mean? Please elaborate.

Edited by Lord Frieza
  • Like 1

"Goku fights a guy, overcomes some kind of case-specific adversity, and wins".

Is that unfair?

Is that unfair?

Yes! It is very unfair for the villains. But Goku has been killed before.....TWICE....well, no maybe 3 times in total! :yay:

I will say its on the same lines as Super Man, as he always pretty much wins every fight he's been in,except a small few. Same as Goku.

To me, Super Man from Krypton and Goku from Planet Vegeta are sort of the same...as they always win, but lose a fight here and there.

We can't let Goku lose because, well like with Clark Kent......the younger audience and die hard fans will be very disappointed if Frieza or Lex Luther were to win and well, we couldn't have that.

Anyways, its just one of those stories. :shrugs:

Edited by Jupiter Knight

Is that unfair?

Well thats not always the case. Goku has lost several times in the series. He lost to Roshi, Tao, Tien and King Piccolo. He was beaten to a bloody pulp my Vegeta in his Oozaru form and would have lost without help. Everything Goku did against Frieza failed, at just 50% of his final forms full power he completely out classed Goku. Goku would have died if Frieza hadn't killed Krillen which triggered his Super Saiyan transformation, something that had never happened in the series before that point. Goku was almost killed by Android 19 (however that was because he was sick). He openly admitted that he didn't stand a chance aginest Cell and needed help to beat Buu.

I will consed that yes more often then not its Goku who beats the bad guy in the end, ether through his own power, a plan he came up with or with help. That can be repetitive at times. The real repetitive stuff is not from the manga or the series but from the old movies and Gt. In 13 moves Goku is the one to save the day in 10 of them (2 where by Gohan and 1 by Goten and Trunks). Now thats forgivable to a degree since they where ment to be fun, none cannon stories that where Toei Animation's attempt to make extra money off the series, no different then most of the movies based on other series like Naruto and One Piece. However I say a degree because the tv movies Bardock the Father of Goku and History of Trunk show that they could do better and sometimes really didn't try that hard when it came to the other movies, sometimes just rehashing ideas from the show itself. Gt is the best example of how lazy they could get. They spent most the series rehashing and what good ideas they did have where drowned in a flood of lazy, money grubbing, unoriginal  mediocrity. 

Battle of Gods is very different. Beerus is not the villain of the movie, he's the antagonist. By this I mean his is not out to kill the heroes or destroy earth. He's just looking for a challenge. While he dose destroy worlds and can be very temper-mental he is also very polite and fun to be around. Also unlike any other antagonists he comes out on top at the end. They hit him with everything the series has ever thrown at a guy. SS3, Ultimate Gohan, Buu, Team Work, Fusion (he owns Gotenks and Goku states that even Vegito wouldn't stand a chance), Rage Power Up (Vegeta), Lending Goku their power (this happens before they have enough saiyans for the SSG ritual) and even the ultimate "hero wins" plot device of all Shonen series a brand new power up / transformation. And that still isent enough. Goku loses and the only reason the earth isent destroyed is because Beerus is deep down an ok guy and was impressed by Goku.

In Resurrection F it looks like Goku will be loosing to "Golden Frieza" and it will be up to Vegeta to save the world. Also another big change is that Goku and Vegeta may be loosing their super saiyan forms for good.

Edited by Lord Frieza

In Resurrection F it looks like Goku will be loosing to "Golden Frieza" and it will be up to Vegeta to save the world. Also another big change is that Goku and Vegeta may be loosing their super saiyan forms for good.

Sounds like this movie about Vegeta getting even with Frieza for having killed him in the 3rd season. A little justice maybe? First time Goku beat the living hell out of Frieza, than Trunks finished him off, although knowing that Frieza killed his father probably fueled his desire to pick him off. 

Looks like Vegeta will be getting even. But I wonder how he's going to do that, because in DBZ, Vegeta is only a Super Saiyan 2 and this isn't GT so no Super Saiyan 4.

He does deserve to have the opportunity.  Maybe he'll kill Frieza with a Final Flash move or the Big Bang.   :whoo:

• Like 1

In Resurrection F it looks like Goku will be loosing to "Golden Frieza" and it will be up to Vegeta to save the world. Also another big change is that Goku and Vegeta may be loosing their super saiyan forms for good.

Sounds like this movie about Vegeta getting even with Frieza for having killed him in the 3rd season. A little justice maybe? First time Goku beat the living hell out of Frieza, than Trunks finished him off, although knowing that Frieza killed his father probably fueled his desire to pick him off.

Looks like Vegeta will be getting even. But I wonder how he's going to do that, because in DBZ, Vegeta is only a Super Saiyan 2 and this isn't GT so no Super Saiyan 4.

He does deserve to have the opportunity. Maybe he'll kill Frieza with a Final Flash move or the Big Bang. :whoo:

Well as I said Goku and Vegeta may be loosing their super saiyan forms for good. From what little information we have they at least wont be going SS2 and 3 anymore. However they may loose them altogether.

The reason is that after becoming a god and training with Whis they learn how draw out all their power without tranforming, like Gohan but done through training. This information and a few shots from the trailer lead to to believe that Vegeta will become a Super Saiyan God and fight Frieza.

However that isent all thats happening in the movie. Frieza hasnet come alone, he now has new elites, one of whom is strong enough to take down Piccolo by himself.

B_DKPa_U0AAAxAH.png

Also going by what little I've seen Frieza may actually destroy the earth and most of our heroes and the final fight may take place at Beerus's Temple.

Edited by Lord Frieza

Wait, Vegeta and Goku are now gods? as in Immortal and know longer need to be super saiyans? I'm confused.