Sign in to follow this  
Demon King Zennon

Dragon Ball Z Movie 15

New form looks pretty cool. I'm curious to see what the story is on Frieza and how he came by that power. 

• Like 1

New form looks pretty cool. I'm curious to see what the story is on Frieza and how he came by that power. 

In the trailer Beerus said “This is something you invited by being soft.†

Is it possible that Frieza's new form is somehow linked to Goku lending him his energy on namek?

In the trailer Beerus said “This is something you invited by being soft.†

Is it possible that Frieza's new form is somehow linked to Goku lending him his energy on namek?

I will say no to that possibility. He spent some of that energy that was lended to him trying to kill Goku. I will say its possible that the rest of that energy is why he survived Nameks explosion. He was half dead at that point when he was found and was equipped with prosthetics. That was at the end of the third season, in the 4th season... Trunks killed Frieza and his father, King Cold.

It is said from other sources he was brought back  and he apparently he's had time to grow stronger in Hell through a lot of training and evolved into Golden Frieza which he gained 4 months after Buu was destroyed.

Remember. Frieza has had 14 years of absolutely nothing to do in Hell. That is a very very long time to train and its no surprise that he got stronger in the after life. What more to do than train and spar with the Ginyu Force and Cell?

I don't believe the possibility of Goku was in no way in association with granting him power. That would be understandable if Frieza were Cell but that isn't the case.

However, over 14 years after Frieza's demise, his two elite soldiers Sorbet and Tagoma collect all of the Dragon Balls and resurrect him, he is revived as he was just before his death, as Mecha Frieza and in pieces. Sorbet and Tagoma collect all of the pieces of Frieza and put the organic parts in a healing chamber, Frieza's body is regenerated and he reverts himself back into his first form.

As soon as Frieza's body is regenerated, he announces to his soldiers that he will not be satisfied until Goku and Trunks have both been killed. Tagoma then says that Frieza should just ingore Goku and the other Saiyans, Frieza then angrily kills Tagoma with a quick Ki blast. Sorbet then informs Frieza that Goku's power has surpassed that of even Majin Buu, which is far more than Frieza could have imagined. But due to him being a prodigy, Frieza thought that through four months of serious training, he would be able to reach a level of power high enough to wipe out the Saiyans in the blink of an eye.[9]

During his invasion of Earth, Frieza first appears in his first form with an army of at least one thousand soldiers. Later Frieza fights against Goku using his true form, the two are fighting equally until Frieza decides to transform into his Ultimate Evolution state: Golden Frieza. Upon transforming Golden Frieza outmatches and defeat Goku with only minor injuries, utilizing what appears to be a purple version of the Sphere of Destruction to clash with Goku's Kamehameha Rebirth.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Frieza

Edited by Jupiter Knight

I 99% agree with you that that his new form is just from his training. I was just posting a theory I had based on the comments made in the trailer. What I was thinking was this when Goku became a super saiyan god his body learned from the expirence and grew stronger, what if by lending Frieza his super saiyan power he changed something in Frieza, something that had lain dorment within him untill he started training.

Another possible theory I had is that this Golden Form is gained by stealing Goku's power. Their have been a lot of nods to the tech of Frieza's forces improve dramatically during the time of his absence and at some point Frieza asks Goku why dosent he go super saiyan. Maybe While he was training he asked Sorbet to devolope a device that could do this. He has planed ahead enough to gather and train new group of elites (one of whom could take down piccolo by himself) so its possible, unlikly but possible.

Also Frieza hasen't been training in hell, most of his days where spent like this

ppMnLk0.jpg

OH THE HORROR!

Edited by Lord Frieza

I'm impressed that Frieza is back with a power over load.

I am some what hoping Linda Young reprises her role as Frieza's voice. She did voice Frieza in the original dbz, but not in Kai.

Edited by Jupiter Knight
  • Like 1

I am some what hoping Linda Young reprises her role as Frieza's voice. She did voice Frieza in the original dbz, but not in Kai.

I remember, good times.

While I would like her back  its more then likely we'll get the Kai voice actor, who is very good but Linda's voice made Frieza seem creepier and more alien. The only down side was that back in the day the dialog wasen't as good, which makes it a big shame she didn't come back for Kai.

I remember, good times.

While I would like her back  its more then likely we'll get the Kai voice actor, who is very good but Linda's voice made Frieza seem creepier and more alien. The only down side was that back in the day the dialog wasen't as good, which makes it a big shame she didn't come back for Kai.

I always felt that Linda Young was the one voice actor that gave Frieza his character. I really feel like she gave him life in the anime. 

His new voice is going to take a little getting used to...  :sleep:

• Like 1

if you guys are interested in more DBZ before the movie begins then I will suggest you guys read the 3 upcoming prequel chapters before the movie which details on how this event comes to fruition, chapter one has already been translated in your favorite manga site which features frieza's henchmen reviving him and such. can't wait for more of this, will probably hold a marathon of the series starting with the original dragon ball since I have yet to watch it.

Edited by odin

if you guys are interested in more DBZ before the movie begins then I will suggest you guys read the 3 upcoming prequel chapters before the movie which details on how this event comes to fruition, chapter one has already been translated in your favorite manga site which features frieza's henchmen reviving him and such. can't wait for more of this, will probably hold a marathon of the series starting with the original dragon ball since I have yet to watch it.

Link?

Link?

Here

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/1/2705/1

Edited by Lord Frieza

That was a fun read. I never knew that Frieza could still live after being cut into small pieces.

Also. I knew he was ambitious. But holy cow. I didn't knew he could gain an over load of power in that short of time.

So. Mentally he's stronger. He no longer fears death because....well when you've been dead and in hell for so long, it makes sense.

So now he's more brave and he knows what he's up against this time. However, Goku will win any way as he always does. So instead of 4 months, if Frieza wants a sure sure win and its not going to happen. He should wait a year and train more and than have his hench men wish Immortality like he was obsessing over in season's 2 and 3. But being dead must have taken away this desire. Unless he brings it up again in the next chapter of the manga.

I will say that from what Ive seen the manga isent following the film down to the letter, for example it looks like Tagoma will help collect the dragon balls and live long enough to take part in the attack on earth.

You right though Frieza apon his return is mentally stronger, he's suffered two crushing defeats at the hands of the saiyans and both of them where primerly due to his arrogence. He has  had 14+ years in hell to learn his lesson and plot his revenge. Thats whats going to make him so dangers this time, even more then his new tranformation. While 4 mouths isent that long  when compared to his last revival as a cyborg (when he wanted to go strate to earth) thats being extremely patient for him, the only reason I can think of as to why he dosent wait longer is  because he knows that his enemies are always training, always getting stronger. They are now strong enough to defeat majin buu, if he waits to long then they may get strong enough to give him trouble. This way they dont have a chance to get to strong and he can catch them completely off-guard with how much stronger he's become.

Going by what little info I've dug up it looks like Vegeta will be the hero of this film not Goku.

Intresting comparison between the Frieza saga and the movie

Well, thats all he talked about in seasons 2 and 3. He fought over the dragon balls with Vegeta, pretty much playing tug of war with Vegeta over a wish for Immortality. He would have got it, had he spoke Namekian. He was screwed from the start, him and Vegeta. 

Vegeta wanted Immortality to kill Frieza originally from the first season, so he could be free of him. If he ran  from Frieza, he would kill him. If he rebelled like his father, Frieza would kill him. This motivated Vegeta more and the only reason Vegeta cared to get involved with Earth was the talk of the Dragon Balls between Piccolo and Raditz after they said that Goku won and they were wishing him back.

Frieza heard this idea and went to the source. 

In fact Frieza was obsessed with it. It is pretty much what motivated him. All he we hear is Damn you Vegeta, where are my dragon balls!! I will have my immortality!!.

He wanted it so bad, he had the Ginyu Force and most his army looking for it. But the bad part was, he was killing people and terminating any opportunity needed to summon the dragon and get his wish. For starters. The password was a total fail for him. He would have had better luck on Earth because everyone knew about the dragon balls and he would have found out. Just made only one wish instead of 3. I can only imagine what he would have used the other 3 wishes had things worked out better for him. I'm sure he would have killed his brother down the road, Cooler( anime character not manga) for sure. 

Not only did he want to be an Emperor of the galaxy, but had he ever got Immortality. He would have become the strongest villain in the DBZ universe. We're seeing that in this movie. But it lacks one thing.

Frieza's primary motivation from season's 2 and 3. Maybe or maybe we will see that.

Also. He didn't seem at all interested in immortality after season 3. He was obsessed with just killing Goku and than nuking Earth with a death ball. I guess he quit caring or felt it was out of his grasp. Perhaps that is why we haven't heard of it yet.

But I'm surprised his subordinates never wished him Immortality after reviving him as that was his biggest desire.

Perhaps if he was Golden Frieza + immortality = demi god. He'd be an opponent neither Goku, Vegeta or anyone could beat. Probably taking away the whole concept of hero beats villain in the new movie. 

Or maybe that is his goal to kill the Saiyans, take the Namek who has the dragon balls bonded to their life....that being Dende. Wait a year than make his wish, than destroy Earth.

Maybe....or maybe not. Just looking at Frieza's past behavior.

Also, Frieza's brother, Cooler was the only one ever to get close to that wish without ever using the dragon balls. He was bonded by a huge machine making him like a god. 

Edited by Jupiter Knight

The reason they dont wish him to be immortal is because is because as it stands in these moves the dragon is back to granting only one wish at a time. Now if he came back a year later he would still have to go through all this anyway, infact theres a good chance he would end up with another Namek situation.

However I thing the real reason is this. As you pointed out in the passed he wanted nothing but immortality. One of Frieza's most defining characteristics is that he will do anything to avoid death, No other character in the series and possible in fiction (that I know of) has gone so far to avoid the end of their existance. He destroyed planet vegeta because of his fear of an old legend that had no proof support it, he took the last serviving saiyans under his wing so he could use them but also keeps a very close eye on them to the point he even regularly monitor their conversations with each other, he went to namek to look to look for magical wish granting balls that once again had no solid proof that they existed, he murdered innocent namekians and even through away his precious pride in order to beg Goku to help him. All of this he did to avoid death.

Another of Frieza's equally defining characteristics is his wrath. Looking at what he did to avoid death its not that hard to see why even his dreams of immortality are pushed aside so easily when he's so focused on revenge. Hell he did the same thing when he came back as a cyborg, he could have waited and tried to get the dragon balls then but instead he would rather go strait to earth just to make Goku suffer. Basically getting revenge means more to him now. However he may still want immortality, he know that as long as he dosent kill the namekains the he can still use the balls so all he has to do is knock them out and kill everyone else.

I'm a bit rusty on my dragon ball knowledge so can anybody tell me how is it possible that shenron can revive Frieza if he died about 14 years ago, is Dende's Shenron so powerful now that he no longer has the revive the dead before a year limit that Kami's Shenron had? I know he can do more than one wish but I don't remember if he did not have the year resurrection limit, if so then that means that vegeta if he wanted could revive the entire saiyan race killed by freiza which could provide a lot of storytelling possibilities aside from the 12 dimensions and Gods that Toriyama is trying to tell.

I'm a bit rusty on my dragon ball knowledge so can anybody tell me how is it possible that shenron can revive Frieza if he died about 14 years ago, is Dende's Shenron so powerful now that he no longer has the revive the dead before a year limit that Kami's Shenron had? I know he can do more than one wish but I don't remember if he did not have the year resurrection limit, if so then that means that vegeta if he wanted could revive the entire saiyan race killed by freiza which could provide a lot of storytelling possibilities aside from the 12 dimensions and Gods that Toriyama is trying to tell.

Well, Your thoughts are right. More than you realize, Odin. What you're realizing are holes or mistakes within these movies.

The Namekian dragon was far different than Piccolo's wish dragon. However. No, Dende has the powers of Guru. He passed his powers on to Dende in the third season shortly before he died. He and some Nameks were revived by the Earth Dragon Balls and so was Guru. Allowing Dende to make the final wish,aside from Frieza's vain attempt to wish for immortality (not in Namekian.)

Because Dende became the new guardian. The Earth dragon, Shenron now has all the same powers of Puronga. That means he wish back anyone at any time. Shenron was far weaker before and you had a time limit of when you could wish back the dead. His powers were very very limited. 

The dbz movies don't go in right or fit in with the lore and story of DBZ. According to the manga and tv show...and the tv show had a few mistakes too.

Frieza never had a brother. That was just added in. Goku never really fought Turles and these movie villains never existed either and neither did Doctor Wheelo. He didn't even fit in with the DBZ time line.

Brolly was an movie add on. But he was well written as the legendary super saiyan talked about profusely in season 3.  

Android 13 was an add on.

Garlic Jr. wasn't part of the manga either, he was an add on as well to the show. Pretty much the only add on in the show. I'm sure I've missed a few things.

The show had a lot of filler episodes that you wont find in the manga.

Dragon Ball GT was total crap. It didn't fit any where with Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z.. In fact, it was never made by Akira Toryama. But he accepted as it promoted his his career and it promoted DB and DBZ. It was for his fans.

These movies don't even fit in at all. They don't follow the story....much.

But people still watch them. I still watch them. But they're just fandom pretty much. All they're there for is paying homage. So to speak.

I'm not telling anyone this in a negative way. Just know this. The movies and as cool as they are. They are not going to fit what so ever unless written by Akira himself.

Edited by Jupiter Knight

I agree with you in all accounts minus the last part, both battle of Gods and Revival of F are officially canon to the Dragon Ball manga serialization as both are written and drawn by toriyama and he himself also stated that they indeed are canon and continue where the buu saga left off and since Battle of gods is canon now there are officially 3 full blooded saiyans alive since they mentioned Vegeta's brother when trying to do the ritual to achive Super Saiyan God in battle of gods, hopefully they will address this plothole soon cause this whole wish should not be possible if Dende's Shenron shares the same time limit to resurrect someone as kami's shenron.

Edited by odin
  • Like 1

I agree with you in all accounts minus the last part, both battle of Gods and Revival of F are officially canon to the Dragon Ball manga serialization as both are written and drawn by toriyama and he himself also stated that they indeed are canon and continue where the buu saga left off and since Battle of gods is canon now there are officially 3 full blooded saiyans alive since they mentioned Vegeta's brother when trying to do the ritual to achive Super Saiyan God in battle of gods, hopefully they will address this plothole soon cause this whole wish should not be possible if Dende's Shenron shares the same time limit to resurrect someone as kami's shenron.

I never knew Vegeta had any siblings or that Toriyama wrote anymore for DBZ.I'm really behind on things with dbz. Ever since I watched the dbz series. I quit after that thinking that was it. I lost touch or kept up with it.  :shrugs:

Thanks, Odin. This will make it more worth it to see. I'm really excited about this movie. :whoo:

Edited by Jupiter Knight
  • Like 1

All this talk about balls make me wonder where these balls are coming from.  No wonder there is so much testosterone in Dragon Ball, because they had the balls of a dragon. :lol:

Kidding aside, I think if they keep on continuing the Dragon Ball series, Goku might end up being a God.  Because every time there is a new enemy who's stronger, Goku ends up getting stronger and defeats that enemy.  I've never seen much of the newer movies, but this seems to be the formula for all the DBZ movies.

That rule only applies when wishing back multiple people with one wish, it has never been stated that you cannot bring one person back after a year has passed. However even then its not easy, Shenron could not revive Frieza completely due to the amount of time that had passed and how he was killed, so him men wished for him to be revived in pieces as Frieza's race can still servive for a time in that state.

Edited by Lord Frieza

All this talk about balls make me wonder where these balls are coming from.  No wonder there is so much testosterone in Dragon Ball, because they had the balls of a dragon. :lol:

Kidding aside, I think if they keep on continuing the Dragon Ball series, Goku might end up being a God.  Because every time there is a new enemy who's stronger, Goku ends up getting stronger and defeats that enemy.  I've never seen much of the newer movies, but this seems to be the formula for all the DBZ movies.

Super Saiyan God

all-the-dragon-ball-z-films-ranked-worst

Also in the last move Battle of Gods Goku gained this form and fought the God of Destruction Beerus. Beerus won

Beerus_God_of_Destruction.jpg

From what we know so far in the  new movie Revival of F Vegeta will be the one to have the showdown with Frieza. While Goku.......

Dragon-Ball-Z-2015-Movie-Screenshot-02.j

Edited by Lord Frieza

I never watched the last movie, but did Goku become a god? So that would mean he's Immortal?  :huh:

Edited by Jupiter Knight