Sign in to follow this  
Lord Arkadius

MMPR Fan Film Episode 1 Trailer

It is finally here folks! The long awaited trailer for the very first episode of the non profit fan film MMPR! A darker reimagining of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series! Come check it out!

Edited by Sevastian

I liked it, but ifi didn't know it was a mmpr trailer i wouldn't of known what it was about. I didn't see anything ranger-esque in the trailer. Only the name at the end links it. But i can't wait to see this.

• Like 1

Not impressed, especially in the acting department. Why do we have to make everything grim dark now? :/

• Like 3

power rangers was bright and colourful. this isn't. how can it claim to be power rangers?

the very name power rangers makes me think of dorky do-gooders in garish colours. I liked that. it was cool. is that weird?

• Like 2

It looks intresting but back when I still watch the show I loved how over the top it was and how strange and silly the monsters where and I cant help but feel it looses somthing then you try and make it more serious.

I think its because of that show that I like Go Nagai's Giant Robots and The Big O

Heres the original megazord transformastion, I still get a kick out of this scene even after all these years.

"

" Edited by AdolphusStrigoi
  • Like 2

it give me goosebumps all over multiple times and bring tears to my eyes. that is the best sequence in the world.

• Like 1

That first season was my favorite growing up. And i just realized, Kimberly was already in the megazord cockpit even before her zord had docked.

• Like 1

After I posted last I got a little power rangers nostalgic so I started looking up stuff and then I found a video that reminded me that theirs only one way to make your monster grow!

Edited by AdolphusStrigoi
  • Like 1

Back in the day, some of us were watching Power Rangers, liked elements from it, and wanted it to be more like Dark Hero.  In short, we liked the idea of a sentai series.  So making it more mature is no problem for me.  What is wrong in establishing Rita's magic as something as legitimate as Gandolf's?

I have no problem of a Ranger Series having a serious tone but frankly even tho the intentions of these guys are good they look like they are trying a bit too hard, and I am really tired of hearing that "buuuuuuuum" sound that every action movie recently keeps putting on their damn trailers, if you want some serious ranger action then they should take example from Lightspeed rescue, In Space and Time force seasons, specially In space, heck even Mighty Morphin did it right when they introduced the green ranger in "Green with evil" they kept it serious with the stakes raised every second while maintaining the heart and colorfulness that was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, I won't judge it until I see the first episode but my expectations are not that high even tho they have the actors for Zedd and Zordon.

• Like 2