Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis T-Type

Gravity Control Attacks

I been following Guyver for a long time and I understand how almost all the powers of the zoanoids, zoalords and guyvers work but theirs one power I can't fully rap my mind around, gravity control attacks.

I don't mean attcks like Guyot's Gravity Crusher or Black Hole' those I can easily understand. I'm talking more about attacks  like the Pressure Cannon, Gravity Bullets and Gravity Halo. I have a rough idea how some of these power work but I was hoping someone would be able to give me a better understanding of them.

P.S. I have read the data files but I find them rather vague on these types of powers.

It was in the 12episode ova. Dunno about the manga. I always thought that power was more energy based. Like the Zoalords laser or barrier.

As far as my opinion... The gravity bullets and pressure cannon are simply them compressing gravity in on itself till if forms a sphere. The Zoalords have gems in their knuckles that allow them to do this, And if i remember correctly, Guyvers have something in the top of their wrists, that feed through internally their fingers that allow them to focus the gravity...

@Larz Zahn

Thats what I always thought myself, but every time I look up the pressure cannon its described as a shockwave created by the rapid closeing of a small black hole so I was wondering how that was supposed to work.

If their just spheres of compressed gravity then they should crush everthing they touch and there shouldn't be many matirals on earth they can't punch threw, I wonder how Zx-tole can take a hit from a pressure cannon and been fine. I know his exoskeleton can become pliant to absorb inpacts that could damage it but the pressure cannon should crushing and borrow through his armour not put a dent on it.

Edited by AdolphusStrigoi

There is a bit of confusion, because in the manga itself, the Chronos scientists were having it discussed as operating (the pressure canon) as through a worm hole; which still involves some gravity mechanics.  There are a few theories on how exactly this works.

It could be that the pressure cannon has a unstable thin barrier that contains it in a sphere. And when the sphere is broken that's when the compressed gravity is released and this creates the Shockwave?

Theory One-

The pressure canon creates a 'pattern' of gravity that simulates a black hole.  This simulated black hole collects material, storing it under immense pressure.  When the gravitonic pattern breaks down, all of that accumulated material is released, all the pressure is released

Theory Two-

The pattern of gravity is holding itself in a sphere state, and when destabilized, the graviton pattern reacts like anti-gravitons, resulting in a pressure like explosion

Theory Three-

The pressure canon is indeed a worn hole, a bridge to the boost dimension, or technically on the verge of becoming one.  The pressure canon sits on this verge until reaching it's target, and then opens the doorway to the boost dimension for a complete brief moment.  In this moment, the pressure and energy of the boost dimension is unleashed upon the target.  Much like the barrier that surrounds the Guyver when summoning the armor

I like theory one and three myself.  One can be discounted if the pressure canon still works in space, and I'm a few books behind.  Three can be supported if the pressure cannon recharges another Guyver in any way

<p>Very Intresting theories I must say. Thinking about what you've all told me, could it be that that when a guyver powers up the pressure canon it open a worn hole to the boost dimenstion and uses it simulates a black hole which draws in and pressurises air. Then a sphere shaped barrier (similer to the one that protects the guyver during transformastion) is then created in the guyvers hand to contain the pressurised air just befor the attack is fired. The attack is fire by the shockwave created by the sudden shutting of the worn hole. When the pressure canon hit a target the combinastion of its velocity and the barriers energy allow it to penetrate into the targets body where apone the barrier breaks down and the pressure is realised creating an explosion.</p>

Edited by AdolphusStrigoi

The teck manual says it is the hand creating the pressure canon.  The gravity controller supplies the energy, and the pad on the back of the wrist focuses into the pressure cannon between the fingers.  So we know that however the pressure canon works, we know that aside from energy it is the wrist pads doing that work.  It seems that the gravity controller provides energy for many of the Guyver abilities, and the various organs manipulate it (such as the gravity gyro on the hips).

They also have gravity organs in their arms and legs which can increases their stricking power ten fold.

I wonder do you think Guyot and Imakarum have these organs aswell?

The teck manual says it is the hand creating the pressure canon.  The gravity controller supplies the energy, and the pad on the back of the wrist focuses into the pressure cannon between the fingers.  So we know that however the pressure canon works, we know that aside from energy it is the wrist pads doing that work.  It seems that the gravity controller provides energy for many of the Guyver abilities, and the various organs manipulate it (such as the gravity gyro on the hips).

Whew!! Glad to know my memory wasn't that far off! I was really worried that i had mutilated what the tech Manuel had said! Thanks youngguyver!