Sign in to follow this  
odin

Super Sentai 2014 Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger

saw this on Jefusion, Toei has now officially trademarked the name of the next sentai series which is named Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger translated as "Vehement Car Taskforce Special Express Ranger" it is said that this season's theme will be Trains. What do you guys think? I'm not that interested personally but it is still waaaaay too early to judge, all I can say is that if this theme turns out true then a Den-O crossover will most likely happen and I frankly had enough of that thank you.

Source:
http://www.jefusion.com/2013/09/2014-super-sentai-confirmed-ressha-sentai-tokkyuger.html

post-1411-0-57257500-1380233080_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-02330100-1386436686_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-61819200-1386436693_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-84793200-1386436701_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-89336400-1386436721_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-16086100-1386436741_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-89974700-1386436752_thumb.jp

Edited by odin

wow. this sounds absolutely crap.

i was hoping we might get this decades kung fu or ninja sentai (ala maskman, dairanger, gekiranger , kakuranger, hurricanger )... but i can tell you right now i wont have any time for this.

It is very early but trusted sources have been posting what apparently is Tokkyuger's official images, I don't know if it is actually real or just a unified prank from all the sources but I think it is worth discussing, to me the designs look very showa which is not necessarily a bad thing but even so they look to simple although the theme of this sentai does not leave much room to improvise. Here are the pics

post-1411-0-07960200-1386436538_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-31182400-1386436549_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-73978800-1386436561_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-57028800-1386436572_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-27747200-1386436606_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-93669700-1386436613_thumb.jp

So this is basically power rangers with trains. I know super sentai can be a little "out there" (thats why I'll have a soft spot for power rangers) but power rangers turbo was a better idea then this. This is kind of like the opposite to the MMPR fan film, that was too series while this looks to be too silly. If I watched it I'd spend the whole time expecting Thomas the tank engine to turn up.

The only thing that could make this good would be a villian on par with Lord Z

Edited by AdolphusStrigoi

this Super Sentai looks like it will focus more on comedy like carranger was, I will give it the benefit of the doubt but I really can't get into the costume design, I can't even find a positive thing in it to like aside that it looks showa'ish anyways....here is the preview for the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXy6OIEup9k&hd=1

• Like 1

well, Like i have said, just because it does not have an appealing design it does not mean that it will be bad, saw the first episode and it was interesting although the villains don't really do it for me from what what have seen, the theme tho is what has me interested in the series which is Imagination which could give potential for a very fun over the top series or a very lackluster Den-O sentai tribute. speaking of which, I am 100% sure that there will be at least 1 movie featuring Den-O.........ugh....anyways, this is not going to be a serious sentai series, it is probably going the carranger route and just be a comedy parody only more over the top which I'm hoping. Not recommending this yet.

the intro is to me catchy and awesome btw, that is a plus, also I like the roll call.

when I find a better one I will post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMtn2Z3svr0

Edited by odin

Just watched first episode and very interesting to say the least. I think I'll continue riding this train.

Also

Color Swapping IS A FEATURE! WAHT!?!

• Like 1

I think this sentai is best forgotten, the most ive seen is a trailer and that was awful.... but I just saw this pic and had to comment - WTF?? who okayed this design??

post-908-0-93470800-1400834997_thumb.jpg

I'm watching it casually, when I don't have anything else to see I watch a bunch at a time, got to episode 13 and they have revealed the big bad who is honestly the only character I like so far, his motivations differ a lot from other Big bads that I have seen in the series, although I does not help out much,maybe when the 6th Tokkyuger arrives it will get interesting but right now they are just going through the motions imitating what Kyoryuger already did except with Train cars.

I saw them in action at the end of Kyouryuger vs. Go-Busters a couple of days ago....

terrible.

whats all this colour swapping business?? a good way to get even more cash out of Japanese parents ...that's 25 different combos is it?? wow.

apart from that one new angle of colour / power swapping it does seem ... terrible.

I think it's really good. People tend to forget that Sentai is a kids program, that airs on a Sunday morning kids block, for kids. I mainly started watching because I really like Right's fashion sense, also even with the massive height of the shoulders, I love that the Giant Robo is symmetrical. And the theme song is hella catchy. Everyone needs to remember what Sentai's actual direct demographic is.

ps: I do agree that the ranger forms look terrible, but the monsters look excellent

Edited by TheAptomStrain
  • Like 1

Agreed. I hated how the Sentai "purists" try to attack Power Rangers for being too kidy and then get pissed off at Sentai when it's more kid friendly for a season or two.

• Like 1

we know its a kid show.. its just in the past it was less dumbed down and better written, so its just a shame now when we do get this kind of off series...

all I know is theres about another 30 sentai series i'd rather watch than this.

i'll leave this topic now and stop bashing the show,  but if you do watch Tokkyuger I hope you enjoy it!! 

I agree with you in a way BUT just because it is a kids show it does not give them the excuse to talk down on kids intelligence or way to handle things and make a poor quality series, kamen rider and super sentai are kids shows yet we have mature seasons like 555, Kabuto, Go-Busters, Gokaiger, Gekiranger heck Kamen Rider Gaim is the current Rider season and the characters are three dimensional, the story is competent and it does not shy away at violence since important characters are dying left and right WHILE keeping the lighthearted nature that can appeal to kids, Cartoons/anime have had the same problem with this, just because the audience it is originally for kids it does not mean you can't do something serious and noteworthy, Young Justice, Green Lantern, the current Kick Ninja Turtles cartoon and many other series are prime examples of shows targeted for kids but does not talk down to them, not even the pre zordon era power rangers did that despite being very campy at times heck look what they did in Power Rangers in Space.

I like Tokkyuger so far but it is not showing a lot of promise so far, the costumes have grown on me already, I don't really mind the mechs and honestly the theme is very freaking catchy and fun so it keeps me on my seat to watch the episode at least.

• Like 1

Odin, you have a point. I just hate how pissy these fans get when any toku show dares to have a light-hearted season. At that point, they might as well smeg off.

• Like 2