GUYVER DVD releases in UK ?? ADV vs Manga ent.

im sure this has been mentioned before - but i dont know where ?...

can anyone tell me the difference between the 2005 TV series of GUYVER on DVD release in UK by ADV and Manga ent.??

as far as i can tell its just the box!

anyone have any in hand pics of the boxes and presentation?? if that is all that is the difference

thanks

Guest Melscypyo

im sure this has been mentioned before - but i dont know where ?...

can anyone tell me the difference between the 2005 TV series of GUYVER on DVD release in UK by ADV and Manga ent.??

as far as i can tell its just the box!

anyone have any in hand pics of the boxes and presentation?? if that is all that is the difference

thanks

The differnce between both guyver dvds is the mange version is a classic older version came out in 95 which that year was the best but adv version is a upgrade still hot but nothing like the mange which mange could of finished man what a classic film but hey hands down I love them both

thanks for the reply Melscypo, but i am talking about the 2005 tv series. not the oav's...

in the UK the 2005 tv series was released twice in a DVD collection pack. once by manga entertainment and also by ADV. i'm wondering what the difference in releases is apart from the covers??

There's no difference between the editions in terms of the video track and voice tracks used. The covers have changed a little but for the most part are the same.

I have the original ADV set and have seen some of the manga set through a friend. There's no difference based on what's pressed onto the discs.

• 1 year later...

I have only just noticed this company sale & reissue business, OK this sale happened 5 yes ago, but its got me thinking.

I wonder if Manga entertainment plan to do anything with the franchise now that they have a hand on it. (Old news I know)

Further more - should we now all buy a copy of the Manga release to boost their sales, most fans will have got this the 1st time round under ADV so I wonder how Manga's sale have been, would Manga take note if sales were good?

Btw if this chain of thought has occurred to anyone else and is an ongoing discussion then point me in the right direction ☺