Sign in to follow this  
daveblackeye152

How do you prefer the Sonic Busters?

I might be remembering wrong but it seemed like with their first few uses if the sonics were used on a living creature it became a bloody death. Then at some point it became a clean dissolving death so to speak. I kind of prefer the nasty bloody death to be honest even though every other Guyver weapon can be very messy.

At what point did it become clean? I think I'm missing that part, sorry.

I know in the 05 anime, it was a bloody death, but when Sho, Tetsuo and Mitsuki were looking at the corpse, the camera never tilted down. We only had the mess described to us.

Let's see...'clean' examples...

-Pretty much every time they were used in the Anime.

-Every time they are used on Enyzme III (first battle and Valcuria's battle)

-Can't really count Gigantic Dark using them on a tower since that was inannimate but Guyver 0 used them on a bunch of Zoanoids.

can't check the other parts for now, but when valkryia used it on EIII, they were frozen.

unless she used it twice of course.

I think i recall Sho using it in a 'clean' manner in the book where he fights the fake Team 5. maybe.

edit: nope. well yeah, but he used it on a wall.

if anything i think this has brought up how little the sonic buster is actually used.

but i know what you mean, dave. I hated the sonic buster in the 2005 anime. it looked really lame. didn't myumelzee and noskov just get blasted away in little blurry cubes? bleh

I miss a guyver firing it and cracking a skull with the vibration. prime example would be episode 6 of the OVA when the sd-mode guyver uses it on derzerb. brutal!

It could depend on the intensity of the blast, the stronger the setting, the less of a mess left behind. I mean, if the guyver can lock on to a target's sonic frequency, they're supposed to be able to shake any unshielded target apart. However, if a guyver doesn't have time to find the specific frequency or doesn't fire a full sonic blast, it makes sense that they'd just blow the target apart rather than disintegrate it.

• Like 1

How do I prefer the Sonic Buster?

Not aimed at me.

That's how I prefer it, thank you very much sir!

Edited by Starwaster
  • Like 1