Sign in to follow this  
Jess♥

Guyver November 2012

I really liked how Sho and Agito seem to be on... Neutral terms at the moment.

It's almost as if Sho doesn't care what Agito was doing behand. Yes, he was upset that Agito override control of the Gigantic before, but Sho never really had a reason to face off with Agito. And in the end, it helped Sho become a stronger person for it. It really seemed that Agito's own vanity would not let it slide that Sho took over the Gigantic from HIM, and that now that he had his own, he wanted to prove to someone, most likely himself, that he was better.

When Agito "passed on" responsibility of the human race to him, he basically realized a few things about himself that Sho surpassed. However, when Sho refused to finish him off, and possibly having passed that Exceed infomation to him, I think Agito realized something very important: Sho was never his enemy. Rival maybe, but never his enemy. This has always been a flaw in Agito's character. Never trust anyone. Ever. Use them until they are of no use to you, and eliminate ANYTHING that might be a threat. Hopfully the last part of the chapter shows Agito softening up a bit. Even his reaction to Shizu joining him at the graveyard seemed a bit out of character for him, but in a good way.

And I have no doubt in my mind that we will see Guyver 1 fighting alongside Guyver 3 again.

But of couse, as it noted in the chapter, yes, they still have some issues to work out, but this was definately a good character building session for Agito.

• Like 1

That would be nice if Agito attitude does change cause of Sho's actions (though it hasn't been confirmed that Sho shared Exceed), but I think Agito might still have ulterior motives

I dunno what to make of Agito's change of heart to be honest...I mean, I kinda liked how black and white the differences between Sho and Agito were if ya know what I mean. Agito was smarter, more athletic, and aggressive than Sho, seemingly the ideal host for the guyver, but Sho was more pure of heart and determined to protect those he loves than Agito, giving him a sense of inner strength that Agito lacked and couldn't comprehend. Agito was only interested in power and control and how he could use the guyver and others to his advantage, whereas Sho, who never wanted to be a guyver, only wanted to use his power to help others. I guess I liked Agito better as a bad guy, he was never really on Sho's side even during the earlier chpts, he was just using him for his own benefit until he had the means by which to oppose Chronos without the aid of another Guyver. He and his Zeus Thunderbolt organization made for an interesting third faction in the comic, as well as good antagonists given their disregard for civilian lives and Agito's desire to replace Archanfel as the earth's ruler. For Agito to suddenly start caring about his formerly expendable underlings and change his attitude just seems to come out of left field to me. Anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being a killjoy overthinking things? XD

P.S. even though I'm not completely sold on Agito's change of heart, I do like how he made graves for Hayami, Shizu's grandpa, and all the fallen Libertus.

Edited by Zoaknight