Toku Warrior

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just seen a new trailer of the movie and it looks like it's all out war on earth. And prime doesn't seems to be too happy being lied to. I have to admit, the world devastation kinda hooked my interest. I'd like to see what happens out of curiosity.

I've just seen a new trailer of the movie and it looks like it's all out war on earth. And prime doesn't seems to be too happy being lied to. I have to admit, the world devastation kinda hooked my interest. I'd like to see what happens out of curiosity.

well the world devastation thing is kinda lame since we already had that in battlefield los angeles and skyline, the only difference is that this one involves robots.

• 4 weeks later...

This started showing 2 days ago. Has anyone seen it yet? I think I'd rather wait for the hype to go down before watching. I hate waiting in lines for cinemas. If you did happen to see this, what's your verdict? Most of my colleagues are scheduled to watch this tonight and I admit I'm a bit envious that they're going to watch it tonight. But I'd rather wait a week or two before watching. Could save me a lot of headaches.

well I hear that is way better than the second one, fixed all the wrong things that was wrong with the second, No dog humping, robots with testicles, John Turturro's hairy ass shot *shivers*, megan fox etc.. but the parents are still there and you can't recognize any of the decepticons for the exception of Megatron and starscream and the transformers are still playing second banana in their own movie which gets me mad because nobody cares about the humans we just want to see a story about the autobots and the decepticons with good character development for each one of them is it too much to ask? i think not and they can't say it can't be done cause the comics and TV series can say otherwise, what we get is a mediocre film with a few awesome scenes (which are basically prime kicking mayor ass ) and mostly a long love letter from Bay at how much he loves the military, I wont be watching this until i get it on dvd, saving my money for Captain America.

I saw it in 3D yesterday. I'll give my thoughts on it in the video blog I'm gonna shoot later this month. I will say that the Wreckers gave me a great idea of what to give a good friend of mine for her birthday.

i watched the movie. all in all i liked it. but i think the first one has a more solid plot.

thats not saying this movie has no plot. it does and i did enjoy it.

as for the 3D i only noticed anything 3D in the opening scene of the movie. i really dislike going to a 3D movie and only seeing one or two things 3Dish in the entire film.

special effects were awesome. the decepticons ships remind of phantoms from halo!

i was kinda put off by megatrons attitude, but i loved how they showed him scheming across the years, and how he acted at the end. very nice!

Just saw this movie last Saturday. Well, I didn't hate it, that's for sure. Optimus' trailer was cool by the way. And yes, way too much human drama. Also, not sure if it was just me, but I noticed something about the speech patterns of Optimus. Every time he speaks, it's like he is narrating. His voice sounds so grand that I feel that when he speaks, your focus shifts to his words and not on what is happening. I also get the feeling that you can quote all his lines in the movie. You know what I'm saying?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw this last week and i was highly impressed. i left any hope of getting an actual full on transformers experience at the cinema after i saw the first one, so i have left behind any expectations of a full robotic experience or seeing soundwave as an actual tape player etc or Megatron actually looking like anything other than a walking scrap heap (most decepticon designs are way over done in my opinion why dont they just look like planes etc.?????? ).

as a film loosley based on my favourite 80's robot themed cartoon it was enjoyable. regardless of anyones opinion on how it should/could be some of the scenes in it are just incredible visually. the opening cybertron war scene - nice. and many others throughout the film were very visually impressive. i also liked the fighting scenes bumblee bees a badass.

im certainly glad i splashed out the cash to see it at the cinema. i refuse to watch stuff like this aqquired on the net as if its a TS the quality is crap. with films like this that are CGI heavy you need clarity to appreciate it and 30 ft screens help aswell.

anyway as for too much human drama being involved - what do you excpect? if they hadnt even included sam in the first one we probably wouldnt have the other 2 . which some people may say is a good thing but i think they are OK. not what they could/ should be, but they are OK. all the human stuff thrown in is probably what makes the damn things so long!!

youve got to remember the studios arent just trying to cater to transformers fans but joe idiot public. after the film i heard some person saying:

' oh it was ok, didnt really like it though, it was a bit too alieny for me'

??? WTF you came to see a film about transforming alien robots and it was too alieny??? 1. they are alien beings anyway 2. i dont even get what he was on about?- did the fact that the moon was involved and some shots of cyberton were included make it more 'alieny'???

these are the people who make up the numbers for studios to line pockets and give us more films.

anyway i thought it was good and enjoyed it so there.

now a unicron storyline would be EPIC.

i see a unicron film as a ranchise finisher though, where can you go from a gigantic planet eating robot??? i still think they need to introduce the arielbots and stunticons and the dinobots,triplechangers etc. before bringing in Unicron and doing all that in one go would probably make the film 4 hrs long!!

I still prefer the drama involving the Transformers. The first transformers movie (the animated one in the 80's, mind you) left me in awe because of the emotions that they showed. I think this was the movie that defined Optimus Prime as an Icon. Coming out of the shuttle, slowly transforming and ramming a bunch of decepticons then flying in the air precisely shooting another set of decepticons. That scene itself was already a grand moment in the transformers universe. Tell me the match between Optimus and Megatron then wasn't epic!

It sucks in one respect but in another its good. imagine how these would have looked a decade or so ago they would be aweful, simply on a visual level they are great.

the story, character designs, elements form the og series etc. are about 80% wrong but these hollywood studios will never learn to listen to the fans or do anything right. i think they do it on purpose just to p us off.

Edited by Eether

dont get me wrong i grew up on Transformers and hate the fact that bays films arent what they should be. in all 3 films there are just things that are wrong, wrong, wrong!!

but while i was sat in the cinema for TF 3 at first i was like, oh no, more ruining of the generation 1 cannon and designs etc,. but then i just stopped that and looked at what was actually on the screen, again i'll say -there is some really nice visual work in those films, and thats what helped me enjoy the film more.

are there any other films as stunning as this visually CGI /SFX wise?? seriously let me know because either i cant remember or i havent seen them and would like to.

and can someone name me an adaptation that fans fully accept and like??

The movies can't ruin the G1 canon. Alternate universes have been a mainstay of Transformers comics for years, since way before the first Bayformers movie came out. This is just another one.

What I take issue with is that these movies just are not very good. All the cliché complaints I heard about Michael Bay have been confirmed.

Shia LeBoeuf, God love him, but his character did not grow at all. Why not? It's like, four years in movie-time? And he's still the same guy. A goofball! I'd expect him to learn skills. In fact, the way he takes out Starscream suggests he actually did, but no attention is given to it otherwise.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was mere eye-candy - but that's to be expected, since she's a model, not an actress. Megan Fox may be something of a vicious witch trollope with brachydactily, at least her character, Mikaela, had spunk.

And the humor. Oh, God. I think it hit its nadir when Sentinel Prime went "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" to justify his intention of enslaving the human race to restore Cybertron and killing anyone who would try to stop him.

For those who, for whatever incomprehensible reason, don't understand the reference - that line may be the single most dramatic line in the entire Star Trek franchise, from perhaps the most dramatic scene in the entire franchise - the death of Spock. It's the companion to "I am, and always shall be, your friend." And it was spoken by the same actor, Leonard Nimoy - who earlier played a pivotal part in a Transformers film, with his inimitable rendering of Galvatron in the 1986 animated movie!

A more brutal and nasty perversion is not possible. My best friend, who is a Trekkie of sorts, was sitting next to me in the theatre when the line came up and he didn't know where to look.

The Transformers themselves look nice, but actually, even some aspects of their physiology did not sit right with me. How do they change form so quickly? I don't mean transforming, I mean adapting a new form. The Twins from the second movie, and Bumblebee in the first one, literally change their appearance completely in a second or two. Maybe I am nitpicking, but that's just... wuhh. Michael Bay did not want size-changing in the movies, but instant makeovers are okay? Meanwhile, Optimus barely changes at all over the movies.

The brutality was OK, because they have been at war for millions of years after all. And when the Wreckers pulled apart that Decepticon in TF3, well, they were just being the Wreckers. But Optimus... well... executing several of his opponents... that's just not right.

Another nitpick. In Revenge of the Fallen, the Constructicons form Devastator (or at least a Devastator - that was actually interesting to me, the idea that any large enough number of Constructicons can join together to form a Devastator), pretty much the ultimate Transformer. And what does this towering engine of destruction do? Um... nothing. He tries to destroy Mudflap and Skids, the two smallest, weakest and most inept Autobots, and fails to do even that. The only thing he actually accomplishes is to partly demolish the pyramid of Khufu to reveal the Stellar Harvester underneath, and he's shot dead by a human weapon while doing that. It would have made more sense to deploy him on the battle field, while a bunch of the other Decepticons - who were getting shot left and right - attended to the pyramid. That would have made for a kicking action scene - in fact, I just realized he would have wiped out the Autobots and the human forces, who only managed to hold their own because the Decepticons, very foolishly, attacked as infantry. Why didn't he? And why didn't Megatron do something himself? His entire right arm was a cannon, he had a perfect vantage point and in the first movie, he was mopping the deck with Optimus. Two shots would have taken care of those annoying little scraplets.

Throughout three flicks, Bumblebee's voice box is not repaired. What's up with that? It's not that cute. Plus he touched the Allspark, which completely fixed Frenzy from being just a head when he was standing fifty feet away! Hell, he should have been upgraded to Bumblebee Prime!

And all this is just off the top of my head. If I really sat down and analyzed the movies... ugh, I don't even want to think about that.

These movies suck! The first one was the best one, and it wasn't even that great.