Can Guyvers reproduce?

Guest CyberXIII

Well seeing how the guyver unit itself is its own seperate, parasitic organism, I wouldn't expect the offspring of sho or agito to have their own g-unit. Since the g-unit doesn't bond with the controller on a cellular level, at least to my knowledge, they wouldn't be in the offspring's DNA.

can you read my post again please.

yes reproduction is about transfer of DNA but as i said quite clearly we are not just the sum of our DNA. there are other parts essential to our survival. they need to be passed on. they don't just magically appear.

But aren't such organisms created through our organs? Yes we obtain other bacterium and what-nots but we still have to create them. We create our saliva and that's bacteria

we can create various compounds through our organs and glands etc, but not a separate lifeform.

the definition of a symbiosis is 2 separate lifeforms that work together.

mitochondria live inside our cells but they are not created by our cell processes. they use their own reproduction method. similar to bacteria.

you'll have to forgive me if my use of mitochondria is not suitable. it may be that mitochondria are no longer classed as separate organism in of itself, but there are many wee beasties that are.

it could be relevant. it depends on where you go from here.

how does guyver modify the host cells?

does it leave any remnants to aid in the instant body modification?

kenji, you said that it was canonical that the host body is not remained modified without the armour.

I don't recall this, do you remember where this information is?

But aren't such organisms created through our organs? Yes we obtain other bacterium and what-nots but we still have to create them. We create our saliva and that's bacteria

Saliva is not bacteria. Saliva is water with some proteins and enzymes in it.

We do not create bacteria. Human DNA - including mitochondrial DNA - only codes for human anatomy. Humans do not grow bacteria themselves, they get them from their mother and environment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora#Acquisition_of_gut_flora_in_human_infants

I think guyvers can probably reproduce normally. I am sure the Creators would want that option. "Well, Bill, there´s an upside and a downside to this. One the one hand you can now travel through space and enter any environment without hesitation. On the other hand you are now sterile for life."

The question is, can the symbiont reproduce? I dream about a Guyver giving birth to a new Unit, control medallion and all... but that´s just silly. The control medal is technological.

Well now that you said that the control medal is tech, I'm going to disagree with you Salkafar. I don't the g-units can reproduce because the g-unit is comprised of the bio-boost creature that is kept under control because of the control medal. Both of these entities make up the guyver. So while maybe the bio-boost creature can reproduce (I can't imagine how), without the control medal, its not a guyver.

My theory is, the bio-boost creature is a manipulated creature the creators either found or manufactured and they forcibly implanted the control medal onto it. I don't know if the creators would've wanted the g-unit to reproduce anyway. The g-unit is hardware for the creators and if said hardware was to fall into the wrong hands, and it was able to reproduce, if their enemies got a hold of it they could reproduce an army of guyvers.

I think the creators manufacture the bio-boost creatures in order to prevent this occurrence. Plus, they most likely had a way of issuing the units to trust-worthy people in order to prevent traitors from using the units.

At least this is what I think...

I think this issue may be answered in the series. Remember the last volume of Guyver where Mr. Takaya added a scene where Mizuki woke up naked beside Shou. Thus, are they not implying they had sex? If so, did they do so without any form of protection? Or was it that "time" of the month for Mizuki. I don't see how bioboosters would become sterile, and I don't see how the offspring will carry the DNA code of the g-unit. Besides, if by chance that the offspring did carry the DNA of the g-unit, would it not consume the offspring since it doesn't have the control metal? Unless of course they mated while in bioboosted form, but that's really out of the question since the tools needed to mate during bioboost form is absent. Unless of course they can bioboost only certain parts of the body. (I dare you to use your imagination, nyahahahaha)

I had thought they had done that :mrgreen:

I still think that since the guyver unit exists in another dimension that it has nothing to do with our dna. The only thing different about a human when it has a guyver is the protrusions on their back. Think about this: When you have a boil or pimple, its still your body just creating a reaction to it. So what's my point?

Well if the protrusions on the host's back is just their reaction to having the g-unit, then where is the guyver's dna becoming part of the humans? As far as we've learned, nothing is stored in those protrusions. All they are is what the guyver does to you upon its first activation. Its just like when you slice your hand with a knife and the cut is deep, you get a scar.

At least that's what I think