Anime I watched last year

Basara!!

I cant watch made in abyss. I saw some clips. Dont think I can handle it.

Me,

one piece

Macross frontier

Macross delta

Gundam thunderbolt

Darling in the franx

Bofuri

Knights of sidonia

One punch man

Ugh... a Dracula anime, wears a red trench coat and uses guns...

Castlevania.

Fairy tail

Edited by Larz Zahn

1 hour ago, Larz Zahn said:

Ugh... a Dracula anime, wears a red trench coat and uses guns...

You mean Hellsing?  Funny that I've seen all the anime in your list except Hellsing. :lol:

I don't watch much anime nowadays, and if I do, it's usually just to pass time.  Though I've also enjoyed a few Isekai anime like Bofuri and So I'm a spider so what?  Which I'm currently reading the light novel.

Dr. Stone is also part of my list, and I started watching New Cooking Master Boy last year and still haven't finished it yet.

I'm also looking forward to season 4 of Overlord, which made me watch the 2 compilation movies last year.  I'm also reading the Light Novel and is anticipating Volume 15.

I've never watched an episode of One Piece, but I follow the Manga religiously.  Though my daughter started watching this, I bid her good luck following 1000+ episodes, because she found watching Naruto too much of a chore that I had to cut the playlist to exclude fillers.  Now she's watching Boruto, which I'm not gonna touch even with a ten foot pole.

And oh yeah!  I've seen Evangelion 3.0+1.0.  Finally!  Closure after 25 years!!!

I actually never read a issue of one piece, I love the music, the voices, the colors of the back ground and the sunsets in the anime so much, I dont want to have beforehand knowledge of what's coming next. I like to be in the moment and just enjoy what I'm seeing. I'm currently at the point where they broke up sanjis wedding. I havent had the time to search for the right ep number and download them.

Hellsing!! Thats the one! Honestly I only watched it cause I saw a clip of the abridged version and it was as funny as hell. I was curious about the true show after that.

Naruto... I loved it till the ninja war, and I enjoy fillers. Ninja war was too much for me, and I ain't going near boruto. No desire, no curiosity.

how did you do that big picture like that? is it a feature in plex?

wow, there are some old classics in there. is it your first time with them? if so, I'm jealous.

Larz zahn, you know there is an edited version of Naruto named 'Naruto Kai'? it takes out all the filler so maybe you would enjoy it?

For me, I don't really keep track of what I watch, not sure of how I could do that. I can say what I remember seeing recently though.

rewatched a lot of Hunter x Hunter with my friend. rewatched dragon ball super as it was airing on tv. I have watched first season of Castlevania. I have watched all of Beastars. I watched a couple episodes of demon slayer and I might get into it. I rewatched all seasons of My Hero Academia and then watched latest season.

I tried to watch JoJo and I tried One Punch, but I didn't enjoy them. One Punch felt too bleak. JoJo, I'm not sure why.

The fillers is one of the parts I like about anime. Its extra scenes thrown in from the original Manga. Like deleted scenes kinda. And Naruto had some good fillers.

One punch i truly enjoy purely because of Saitamas blandness. I could care less about the story, I just like seeing how Saitama reacts to things. 

I never got into dbz. I seen to the end if the buu saga. Never got into got or super.

Is hero academia any good?

My Hero Academia has the similar feel of a typical shonen manga.  Basically it's a story about a boy who was born with no powers in a society where it is the norm.  I also follow this manga, and the anime is currently at season 5 (available in netflix)

I'm not really against fillers, and I do admit, there are some fillers in One Piece that seems to be very interesting.  I don't like fillers because it drags out the main story.  Granted fillers nowadays are much more palatable compared to when Dragon Ball Z was airing.  I remember watching a whole episode of Goku or Gohan just powering up, and sometimes, they spend the whole episode just sizing up each other.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:03 AM, Larz Zahn said:

Basara!!

I cant watch made in abyss. I saw some clips. Dont think I can handle it.

Gundam thunderbolt

Castlevania.

I think you may be right about 'Made in Abyss'. It's pretty heartrending in places. Sometimes literally.

Oooo Thunderbolt is so beautiful isn't it

And Castlevania... is American. British, if you want to be cute about it, since it was written by Warren Ellis.