Venom: Let There Be Carnage

That doesn't look like carnage. carnage has black teeths that are not differentiated from his face. also, his red is very bold with black patterning.
If they are sticking with this lame design, it will be a no watch for me.

Things could change between now and the release date.  Hollywood loves to make changes before a release date.  Hell, maybe Carnage might evolve into something closer to the comics throughout the movie.

Personally, I hope they have this in the film's soundtrack...

• Like 1

I'll watch it just for the hell of it. Woody Harrelson is a good actor. The first one wasn't exactly anything to write home about. But it was a hundred times better than that piece of trash Mortal Kombat movie that just came out. 

• 2 months later...

Looks really good. I would have preferred the title Maximum Carnage but this one is fine.

I like that they seem to be keeping Carnage’s connection to blood, in the comic the symbiote bonded to Kasady’s blood through a cut. This made it almost impossible to remove or destroy.

I wonder if Carnage will still be Venom’s offspring or something else? I mean is this a natural birth or is Carnage a piece of venom that has become its own entity? Either way Kasady seems to think he and Eddie are like family in a twisted way. 

That plays into his first appearance also, as Carnage created a twisted family dynamic amoung his followers in Maximum Carnage.

Edited by Xemnu The Living Hulk

• 2 weeks later...

Not just in maximum carnage, but even in the most current comics he is gathering together the symbiotes to create his twisted view of a family. He also did this back in u.s.a.carnage and in the knull arc.

Tora, it makes my heart warm to see you say that about carnage. As a mega spidey fan(some would call it obsession) I do get real annoyed when things are "off" even cosmetically. Norman's carnage had the white teeth and kinda grey underskirt until he mixed carnage with the goblin serum. And in the last venom movie, venom not having the white emblem on his chest bothered me like a OCD tic.

Even the cartoons rarely get them right. Ultimate Spiderman cartoon carnage was a big let down. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spoilers below:

Ok so in depth review... they got cleatus kassidy's history right, but thats it. The only other thing remotely close was his relationship to shriek. But in this movie, he genuinely loved her, and they been a thing since they were kids.

Don't get me wrong, in maxium carnage, absolute carnage and the king in black, they were together. But even tho she was insanely in love with him, it was more like a joker and Harley Quinn vibe. In this movie he was fighting the Carnage symbiote when it hits her. 

Comics he always chose the symbiote over anything else.  And their bond was the deepest and strongest of all the symbiotes, to the point that both consciousness merged into one, even after they were separated.     Movie? Not so much, no.

This movie was basically a love story of cletus cassidy...  not to mention he truly admired and liked Eddie Brock and wanted to be friends. (Sigh)

How he became carnage was ok-ish. Eddie got to close to his cell and cletus(cleatus?) Took a bite outta Eddie's hand. So that's how he got the symbiote.

Still not a fan of the way they portray Eddie in the movie... he shouts at the venom symbiote in broad daylight as a humor factor, making him looking like a crazy guy yelling at himself just to get a laugh is annoying... and he still looks and acts like an addict or like he has a  medical condition. Yet all other hosts act normally... extremely annoying. 

What else...symbiote needing chocolate and brains was in the comic, tho to be fair, that was a horrible retcon from the 90s, and I was never a fan, but I'm pretty sure that got retconned again? Not im not 100% certain.

Don't know much about shriek except what was in spiderman comics, but she seems mostly in character, just the actress swapping from little girl voice to gravely voice is distracting. And she was telling carnage to ease off of killing someone. That was out of character for the comics and movie honestly, like it came out of no where. Shriek, "Argh!! I'm killing this person! Haha die person, whoa whoa carnage, thats too much!"  Was way out of place.

BIG BIG SPOILER END CREDIT SCENE.

ok this one made me happy. Venon and Eddie were talking about the knowledge venom has from the hive(first time this was brought up in the movies but a big deal from comics) and then some special effects happened and now they are in a different reality and the TV is talking about Peter Parker is Spider-Man, and he killed mysterio.

So this gives me hope that 

A. Maybe now he'll get the white spider emblem.

B. Hes now apart of the mcu and will fixate on spidey as the lethal protector should.

Sorry for the huge rant.