Is Archanfel a Friend?

Mr. Dawn

I used to think he was the enemy. Because he made Chronos and had a lot of people processed into zoanoids because that's how the Creators made him. However, he seems to be aware that there's a coup to have him killed by his own zoalords. He made Murakami into a glorified body guard after he died. And in one of the last manga issues. We see Archanfel hanging out with Mizuki and Tetsuru playing video games and chilling in a house on Silha. He also doesn't intervene between the fight with Apollon. So does this mean he's siding with Sho for the time being?

No, he is not.

Whatever is effecting him only means he can't do anything about his current situation. We know that every-time he uses his powers he has to rest longer and longer. Whatever Apollyon has planned does not seem to be Archanphel's plan either. He is only with the Segawa siblings because Apollyon forced them into helping take care of Archanphel.

In the scene with the siblings, he doesn't smile, or show any real emotion.

Archanphel's goal is, and has always been to go into space with his army that he created, to show his creators what he could accomplish. He doesn't care about most people, nor does he really care about humanity as a whole. They are just potential soldiers for his army. He's really only shown to seem to care about Balcus and Imakarum. Imakarum being special because Archanphel seemingly made him himself.

Well, nature and nurture haven't been kind to him.

Thing is, at this stage there really is no reason to not simply give him what he wants, except that if he finds the Uranus and fails to impress them, they will realize Earth still exists (odd that they never checked up on it before... and when they did, with Apollyon apparently, they chose this low-key op instead of hucking another asteroid at Earth now that Archanfel can't stop it). How many Zoanoids can the Ark even sustain? A million? Ten? I bet you could get that many volunteers even if everything were revealed to the public.

But maybe Apollyon wants to see whether hanging out with the Segawas might mellow him out a bit.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:55 PM, Matt Bellamy said:

Whatever Apollyon has planned does not seem to be Archanphel's plan either. He is only with the Segawa siblings because Apollyon forced them into helping take care of Archanphel.

I'm still trying to figure Apollyon out. It seems Apollyon came around right after Guyot's betrayal. Right around the same time Murakami was reborn as a new zoalord. No, I'm not saying they're one and the same person. The reason why I say that Murakami isn't Apollyon is because he was biologically reprogrammed by Archanphel and Apollyon's agenda and actions are different. I honestly think Apollyon was a  created by Takaya as a Spanner in the Works trope, a way to reduce the number of villains in the plotline and finish the story and not drag out the manga anymore than it already is. Apollyon is either good or he's evil but right now I think he's just a MacGuffin to finish the story. But that's just my theory.  Do you feel the same way about that?

I don't think he's an ally or a real enemy, he's just self serving at this point, Chronos was just a vessel for achieving his plans. I think Archanphel  is Apolloyn, controling the armour remotely to harvest the zoa crystals now that he needs them back for his own needs. The best thing would be to let him disappear in to space on the Ark so he's gone.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, Mr. Dawn said:

I'm still trying to figure Apollyon out. It seems Apollyon came around right after Guyot's betrayal. Right around the same time Murakami was reborn as a new zoalord. No, I'm not saying they're one and the same person. The reason why I say that Murakami isn't Apollyon is because he was biologically reprogrammed by Archanphel and Apollyon's agenda and actions are different. I honestly think Apollyon was a  created by Takaya as a Spanner in the Works trope, a way to reduce the number of villains in the plotline and finish the story and not drag out the manga anymore than it already is. Apollyon is either good or he's evil but right now I think he's just a MacGuffin to finish the story. But that's just my theory.  Do you feel the same way about that?

Apollyon first appeared after the Dragonlord incident when he collected Khan's Zoacrystal (End of book 25).

The prevailing theory, with any kind of evidence, is that Apollyon is Imakarum. Imakarum's goal is simply to cure Archaphel of these sleeps he has to deal with. He doesn't care what Archanphel's or Cronos' plans are. The most simple evidence of Imakarum being Apollyon, is that he appeared before Barcas lost the Arizona HQ, who then went to the Isle of Silha to visit Archanphel. During that time Imakarum was there and with Barcas sensing something about Archanphel's power, and after Barcas leaves, Imakarum says some cryptic things like " And the next is..." (see books 26 and 27 for the last Imakarum scenes we have had) The next time we are on Silha, Apollyon has brought the Segawa siblings there to take care of Archanphel. He is then constantly bringing food and necessities for them on the island for them.

If Imakarum is not Apollyon, where is he? He is fixated on trying to heal Archanphel. Why would someone else be trying to help on their secret island? Why is Apollyon taking care of Archanphel on Silha with modern technology? How did Apollyon know the Segawa's? All these are important questions that have only one answer that makes sense: Apollyon is Imakarum.

As to why he is so powerful? He was repaired in Archanphel's own bio-pod and given a giant burst of energy by Archanphel. He seems to be either have been reprocessed, or evolved due to Archanphel making him more like himself initially.