Question on Zoanoids

Dusk

Why are most zoanoids based off of animals?

Like Zx Tole, he's based on a stag beetle, Elegen is based on an eel, Gaster.....I don't know what the hell he's based off of, and Ramotith is based on a monkey of some kind.

out of universe?  monsters or robots are often based on real world things so that the audience can relate to them.
in universe?  probably due to evolution and how we have junk DNA from most of what came before us.  It would surely be easier to process a human by splicing in existing DNA. Hyper zoanoids are usually more elaborate though of course.

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, Tora Tan said:

out of universe?  monsters or robots are often based on real world things so that the audience can relate to them.
in universe?  probably due to evolution and how we have junk DNA from most of what came before us.  It would surely be easier to process a human by splicing in existing DNA. Hyper zoanoids are usually more elaborate though of course.

Okay thanks. Also. I had read in a post somewhere that Ramotith were the first zoanoids. Seeing as the Ramotith looks like a giant monkey. Was Takaya hinting about Anthropology and Evolutionary theory?

Edited by Jupiter
Rewording my question.

14 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

It's possible I guess...  I don't recall Ramotith being any kind of first, but they did say he's the most common, right?

Yes and it was mentioned that most humans can safely be optimized into a Ramotith. So I was wondering if it was one of the first one's that the Creators designed.

Also another question. Is the zoanoid gene just dormant in humans and all Chronos is doing is activating those genes and allowing humans to transform? 

I don't know how they do it with Hyper Zoanoids. I don't know if they're "natural" or just mutated suped up versions of zoanoids? 

i don't think we saw ramotith in any of the primitive guyver flashbacks.

but we do know that werewolves were the descendents of those primitive zoanoids.

ramotith doesn't look like classical monsters to me so I don't think this was made by creators. the 'adjustment' seems to add bits and pieces of dna, just like vamore's lasers. i read somewhere that they were added in. other adjustments must use existing dna. some individuals are suited to different zoanoid types. natsuki pointed that out shortly after x day. she recalled a guy she met and said he looked like a gregole.  also, hyper zoanoids tend to be highly individualised. this must be because they have certain dna, and this dna gives them good base strength, but also can be manipulated in more elaborate ways?

52 minutes ago, Tora Tan said:

zerbebuth, etc.

Zerbebuth was  really highly spoken of by Guyot in the 2005 anime. I wonder why it's type was given so much praise. Zxtole was so much better in terms of raw power. 

well it was pretty special. it had powerful lasers and chemical weapons and a very tough outer shell.  It was certainly comparable to Zxtole.
Team 5 were done by Barcas though and he is the top elite scientist in chronos.
Who made Zerbebuth? I get confused... was he made by chronos Japan HQ?  or was that just in the Anime?
Did team 5 come with guyot to chronos japan HQ? 
no that was ehe anime. in hte manga, Zerbebuth came with guyot, right? so he was probably made by one of guyot's own scientists?

11 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

Zerbebuth came with guyot, right?

Yes. I think he and Panadyn were his hench men. Until Sho killed them in self defense. 

so he was probably made by one of guyot's own scientists?

I think so. That would probably explain why Guyot overestimated Zerbebuth so much. 

Guyot said that Hyper Zoanoids were a new thing in episode 4 of the 2005 anime when he was bragging about Zerbebuth. 

No. The Hyper Team 5 worked specifically for Dr. Barcas at Relic's Point. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 1:33 AM, Tora Tan said:

well it was pretty special. it had powerful lasers and chemical weapons and a very tough outer shell.  It was certainly comparable to Zxtole.
Team 5 were done by Barcas though and he is the top elite scientist in chronos.
Who made Zerbebuth? I get confused... was he made by chronos Japan HQ?  or was that just in the Anime?
no that was ehe anime. in hte manga, Zerbebuth came with guyot, right? so he was probably made by one of guyot's own scientists?

Seeing as how Team 5 accompanied Guyot to Chronos Japan in the OVA series. I wonder how the OVA series would've handled Aptom's newer forms with all of Team 5 dead in the first half of it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UltraGuyver351 said:

Seeing as how Team 5 accompanied Guyot to Chronos Japan in the OVA series. I wonder how the OVA series would've handled Aptom's newer forms with all of Team 5 dead in the first half of it.

I've wondered about that myself. 

But my real question is seeing as the OVA was in 89. Was the manga that far into the story about Aptom eating them?

I think so, that happened in volume 5, where he ate elegen.

looks like that was released in 1989 so it's close. they could have known about it ?

the OVA was  separate series' though. they would have been released at different times.

edit: I looked here https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/強殖装甲ガイバー#1989年「OVA(第1期)」

the first episode of the first OVA released end of september 1989. They definitely knew about it, but I guess there must have been a lot of planning work.

Edited by Tora Tan

2 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

I think so, that happened in volume 5, where he ate elegen.

looks like that was released in 1989 so it's close. they could have known about it ?

the OVA was  separate series' though. they would have been released at different times.

edit: I looked here https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/強殖装甲ガイバー#1989年「OVA(第1期)」

the first episode of the first OVA released end of september 1989. They definitely knew about it, but I guess there must have been a lot of planning work.

Ah, I see, that makes a lot of sense.