Jump to content

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier


Recommended Posts

Very nice to see two of Caps best buds hanging out.  At the end of Endgame, we officially see Sam taking on the mantle, but I don't see him lugging around that shield.  Carrying that shield is indeed complicated.  We do see someone dressed up as Captain America, could this be John Walker?

As bad as 2020 is, at least there is something to look forward to in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam doesn't need the shield - his wings already fill that role very well, as we saw in "Civil War".

And I think I already heard that we are indeed going to see John Walker, which makes perfect thematic sense. We also saw a flash of Helmut Zemo, I think.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You know, I have a feeling that we'll get more chuckles than action in this series.  Just like marvel, releasing a trailer that's just a snippet of the trailer they previously released.  With all the secrecy, one just cannot help but expect something explosive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't interested in this to be honest, but these two clips have changed my mind.
Finally see something intriguing with the characters, how they talk to each other and how their relationship will evolve.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, jerrygoodman said:

Yeah, we are gonna have US Agent on the show.  He's gonna be played by Kurt Russell's son, I believe.wyatt-russell-5.thumb.jpg.d7199590a761d2ca4eb08cf0e277cdda.jpg

I love the suit and the similarities it has to Captain America's.

 

I wanted to see this show from the first time I saw it advertised. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how Falcon is able to catch a shield that embedded itself in a tree.  is he a super soldier too?
I don't really recall much about him, but I don't recall him going in a pressure chamber of any kind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tora Tan said:

I don't understand how Falcon is able to catch a shield that embedded itself in a tree.  is he a super soldier too?
I don't really recall much about him, but I don't recall him going in a pressure chamber of any kind.

The shield is made of vibranium making it extremely light and the shield often times defies physics and logic as stated by Peter Parker in Civil War. 

The Physics of Captain America's Shield

Quote

While Captain America may not have superpowers like Superman, his iconic shield certainly does. It is supposedly indestructible, able to completely absorb the kinetic energy of any impact.

 

Edited by Jupiter
Adding link.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

The shield is made of vibranium making it extremely light and the shield often times defies physics and logic as stated by Peter Parker in Civil War. 

The Physics of Captain America's Shield

 

 

I do agree with Tora about the logic behind Falcon catching the Shield.  I mean logically speaking, if the shield can embed itself into a tree, how could a human hand be able to catch it straight?  The shield can actually lop off a head with it's sharp edges.  Even as a super soldier, it's nigh impossible not to get hurt just catching it.  Unless you use some kind of device to safely catch it.  Attributable perhaps to comics physics?  :lol: Seriously though, if it is possible for Steve Rogers to catch it, it is doable by any ordinary person.  You just have to notice that while Steve catches it using one hand, Sam Wilson needs to use both hands.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, durendal said:

 

I do agree with Tora about the logic behind Falcon catching the Shield.  

 

What can I say?  The shield itself has no logic. It simply does what it wants. It's been doing that since Cap got it. 

Quote

A Sub-Trope of Throwing Your Sword Always Works and Improbable Use of a Weapon, a shield is thrown at a target. Varies from just hitting to slicing.

Throwing Your Shield Always Works - TV Tropes

throwing-your-shield-always-works_7746.j

 

 

Edited by Jupiter
Just finishing up things.
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, durendal said:

 

 You just have to notice that while Steve catches it using one hand, Sam Wilson needs to use both hands.

Oh!!! I did not notice!! now that makes more sense!!!
See, I always wondered... how could anyone hope to succeed Cap... he was so strong and so agile and all of that.  I don't consider Cap to be "the shield" or "a symbol" he was a man with extraordinary abilities and a pure heart. You cannot replace that.

Edited by Tora Tan
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

Oh!!! I did not notice!! now that makes more sense!!!
See, I always wondered... how could anyone hope to succeed Cap... he was so strong and so agile and all of that.  I don't consider Cap to be "the shield" or "a symbol" he was a man with extraordinary abilities and a pure heart. You cannot replace that.

Yes!!! That's why Erskine chose him!  You can make anyone into a Super Soldier, but there is only one Captain America.  

 

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

 

What can I say?  The shield itself has no logic. It simply does what it wants. It's been doing that since Cap got it. 

Throwing Your Shield Always Works - TV Tropes

throwing-your-shield-always-works_7746.j

 

 

Lol!  Magical Frisbee.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...