Sign in to follow this  
Kenji Murakami

Kenji's Random thoughts

I haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies or Barefoot Gen, either. War films kind of get to me, since they're emotinally exhausting by their very nature, and I tend to have a lot of empathy for people. Band of Brothers is all right, because it seems that the violence - horrible as it is - is spaced out over the length of a ten hour series more than it would be in a movie.

Also, the longer running-time lets me get to know the characters better, which can be a bit of a mixed blessing given that this is me we're talking about, but if I can't relate to at least one of the characters then the story tends to bore me.

The only WWII films I ever watch are black and white, where you tend to get a slightly less realistic (ie, blood and gore) image than you do in more recent films, the old ones all seem to be 'they all lived happy ever after' (s)happy endings. The only more recent one I watched was Tour of Duty, and that was Vietnam, (cos, hello, Anderson = hotness). Oh, and Grave of the Fireflies is seriously depressing, it made me want to cry, and I don't.

ha ha! a mutant 404 error? I never heard of that before XD

glad it's working again. thanks to dekared for doing that

• Like 1

i see, so you have an editor? wow, that's very swanky!

Well, this is a wonderful start to a Friday: I managed to stub my little toe against the threshold of the kitchen doorway, and, as if that wasn't bad enough, I tore the skin open badly enough that it started bleeding all other the place. I went through three tissues trying to sop it up.

I don't think that's a hopeful sign. :(

Well, this is a wonderful start to a Friday: I managed to stub my little toe against the threshold of the kitchen doorway, and, as if that wasn't bad enough, I tore the skin open badly enough that it started bleeding all other the place. I went through three tissues trying to sop it up.

I don't think that's a hopeful sign. :(

Ouchie! There is a very dim bright side, though, it could have happened yesterday.

• Like 1

oh dear. that's not nice :(

well the joys of healing are on you now :D

I love it when something heals. of course the pain of getting injured is not desirable, but then at least i can go through that wonderful process of healing!

i have a problem with my big toe for a while. it takes a bit of maintainance to get it to heal properly because it's right by where the nail grows from. so I have to get it to a place where my nail doesn't open the wound again.

• Like 1

The good news it that the blood has mostly clotted over by now, the bad news is that no matter how hard I try not to, I can't seem to keep from jostling that toe when I walk, so it's still stinging.

Thanks for the sympathy, though, guys. :)

We're going to celebrate my birthday this Tuesday, since my sister had to work on the day itself; I'm really looking forward to it. Both the presents, and the special dinner. :cheers:

Well, I got my story back from my beta, and I just got the new chapters up; I hope a certain person is going to enjoy them. ;)

I deeply enjoyed my birthday celebration, too. :cheers: