Does Apollon's name help tell us who he is?

I was rereading guyver and i was thinking about apollon's name. Which i'm not sure if its the greek god apollo or Abaddon which is apollyon in greek meaning " The Destroyer ". So there is a chance he's sent there from the creators to destroy the remaining zoalords .I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the meaning of his name and how it could apply to his character. And if he is sent from the creators i don't see why he hasn't killed Alk.

No worries, I gotcha

And yeah, a popular theory at the moment is that Apollon is a Creator or one of their messengers. If I remember right his armour is made from the same stuff as a Guyver's control medal which is also a pretty big hint. The meaning of his name certainly implies that he's come to clean up the mess the Creator's made all those years ago, though it is unclear as to why he seems to be just watching over Alky

At this point in the story,  I can't see it being a character to open up the story, so for me, I doubt it's a creator. Maybe it's Archenfel's battle suit that Imakarum is borrowing to reap in the zoacrystals. I think that he created the zoalords to build humanity/technology to a point where he could leave the earth to attack the creators he's so angry at. Now he has the ark and a zoanoid army, he can take back his zoacrystals and fulfill his plans.

Edited by Gazham

There's two parts that have me conflicted on who it is. There is a part where after balcus comes to see alk, imakurum says " then the next step is.." like he's about to go back out to collect more zoacrystals. Then there is a scene where apollon looks to the sky and there's this weird looking spiral in space and he says " time is running out.. the schedule time is getting nearer." which sound like the creators gave him a certain amount of time to clean up things on earth or maybe they want all the zoalords taken care of before they come back to confront alk.o

I remember someone showing quite convincingly that the Japanese spelling of the name is like a mix between apollo and apollyon. So he's like influenced by both of them. or like how the greek names turned into the italian names or something.  like he was  apollo but then he got repatriated into a christian figure. iono. :confused:

Most of the evidence points to it being Imakarum in the armor, but it's hard to say what his actual goal is at this point.

All we know is that he has some kind of timeline ( could be related to Archanphel's health); that he is collecting the Zoalord Crystals of all Zoalords he can (not just of the 3 rogues); and that he is trying to keep Archanphel alive.

Oh and that he wants "something" from Guyot...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Matt Bellamy said:

Most of the evidence points to it being Imakarum in the armor, but it's hard to say what his actual goal is at this point.

All we know is that he has some kind of timeline ( could be related to Archanphel's health); that he is collecting the Zoalord Crystals of all Zoalords he can (not just of the 3 rogues); and that he is trying to keep Archanphel alive.

Oh and that he wants "something" from Guyot...

Yeah i agree with you but it's still weird that he's looking up into space as if waiting on the creators to arrive.

time schedule.jpg

Edited by outOfcontrol3
  • Like 1

upon reading more this picture here makes me think it has to do with the creators even more. And also there's a point where he sees aptom and is confused by what he is. Wouldn't kami know what aptom is though? So why would kami want to return everything to nothing? That seems more like something the creators would want. also i feel a lot of the names mean something this may sound a bit wacky but if you just take kami out of murakami's name it means god or deity. So wouldn't the creators pretty much be god to everyone on earth since they created them?

everything.jpg

apt.jpg

Edited by outOfcontrol3
  • Like 1

Yeah "Apollon" was a mistranslation. The correct translation of his name is Apollyon since that is what the original Japanese says. There aren't any deeper mixes of cultures or whatever it's simply the same name as the god he is named after; Abaddon, or "Apollyon" in Greek which is where the Japanese translation comes from. 

Edited by TricoBren
  • Like 3

I would like to think that from his name alone, we can figure out who he is. Although it isn't likely that we'll find out anytime soon. I would have to agree with Matt and outOfcontrol3. To me, he seems to be using two different personalities. On one hand his armor itself is made from the same material as the Guyver's Control Medal, which is something none of the Zoalords even have access to. And he speaks of returning everything to nothingness, while singlehandedly fighting off Sho in his Guyver Gigantic mode. He's even strong enough to fight any of the other Zoalords. Which tells me he is on a completely different level compared to them!

The part that has me convinced he is Imakarum is also very evident. Why would any of the Creators (let alone a messenger) want to take the other Zoalord crystals? Simply because they have no use for the Zoalords. How would Apollyon even know where each Zoalord was specifically unless he himself was at least part Zoalord. Not to mention the whole "watching over Alkanfel" thing which is sort of bizarre and still unclear to me. And if Alkanfel is truly awake, then wouldn't Imakarum be at his side. There are just too many question and not enough answers. There is something going on however, since Alkanfel doesn't seem to care that his fellow Zoalords are being killed off. I realize he isn't at full power yet but why would he want to kill off his own members. Unless he gave them all Zoacrystals and said one day he will take them back (if necessary). Now Imakarum (in disguise) has taken the role of retrieving these crystals without the others knowing that it's being done by another Zoalord.

On 20/07/2017 at 0:02 AM, TricoBren said:

Yeah "Apollon" was a mistranslation. The correct translation of his name is Apollyon since that is what the original Japanese says. There aren't any deeper mixes of cultures or whatever it's simply the same name as the god he is named after; Abaddon, or "Apollyon" in Greek which is where the Japanese translation comes from. 

please can you explain this article ? https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アバドン

in my guyver books it says - アポルオン

Edited by Tora Tan
added in my observations of my guyver books
On 7/22/2017 at 3:36 AM, Tora Tan said:

please can you explain this article ? https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アバドン

in my guyver books it says - アポルオン

Sure, it's incorrect.

I actually went through all this with Jess quite some ago in another thread concerning some of the names so It might be worth scanning back through those and you'll find it. Wikipedia is often wrong when it comes to romanization of japanese words and this is a perfect example. 

How about you try typing アポルオン into this very widely used online Japanese dictionary? http://translate.weblio.jp/

Or check out the Duel Masters trading card game Japanese Wiki page? http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Apollyon_Worm,_the_Parasite

My point is, it's only Guyver fans that misspell his name as "Apollon" due to a honest mistake when the advocacy first encountered his name. They probably looked at that same wiki page with the mistranslation that you provided too... 

I hope I don't come across as brazen in any way it's just that it's become a pet hate of mine. After all, you'll find very little (if any) evidence outside the Guyver community to support that アポルオン is translated as Apollon. If you can find some, feel free to share. 

Hope that helps!

wow, it looks like the romanisation is pretty confusing? is it not open to interpretation then?  does the dictionary have official kanji versions of all the words?

On 7/21/2017 at 2:18 PM, Zarc said:

I would like to think that from his name alone, we can figure out who he is. Although it isn't likely that we'll find out anytime soon. I would have to agree with Matt and outOfcontrol3. To me, he seems to be using two different personalities. On one hand his armor itself is made from the same material as the Guyver's Control Medal, which is something none of the Zoalords even have access to. And he speaks of returning everything to nothingness, while singlehandedly fighting off Sho in his Guyver Gigantic mode. He's even strong enough to fight any of the other Zoalords. Which tells me he is on a completely different level compared to them!

The part that has me convinced he is Imakarum is also very evident. Why would any of the Creators (let alone a messenger) want to take the other Zoalord crystals? Simply because they have no use for the Zoalords. How would Apollyon even know where each Zoalord was specifically unless he himself was at least part Zoalord. Not to mention the whole "watching over Alkanfel" thing which is sort of bizarre and still unclear to me. And if Alkanfel is truly awake, then wouldn't Imakarum be at his side. There are just too many question and not enough answers. There is something going on however, since Alkanfel doesn't seem to care that his fellow Zoalords are being killed off. I realize he isn't at full power yet but why would he want to kill off his own members. Unless he gave them all Zoacrystals and said one day he will take them back (if necessary). Now Imakarum (in disguise) has taken the role of retrieving these crystals without the others knowing that it's being done by another Zoalord.

i actually didn't think about that, imakarum hasn't been shown to be with alk when apollyon was with him. That really helps further that it could be imakarum. But i just thought the creators wanting to take away the zoalord crystals as a way of weakening alk's resistance like they want to come and confront him and not just flat out destroy everything quickly. I can't help but think there's gonna be some kind of creator moment in the manga, they keep showing the flash backs and we pretty much know who they are kind of. It would just be awesome to have some grand finish with them and to see a confrontation between alk and them again would be nice.