I'm gonna go way out on a limb (and probably fall), but... would it happen to be a glimpse of the Relic in which the Stellar Unit will be found?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, eons ago back when WG had its own forum I ran around the boards under the name Vengeance and occasionally posted stuff but mainly just crept around enjoying this great world constructed by

This is more to Vengance who has pretty much already done it.

For you guys who have brought in your original characters I'd like to or Character stories for each, based before Union and in and around X-Day. The ACTF is a highly secret organisation trying to get it's covert forces setup in a secret war with Chronos. How do you guys see this happening?

Note after X-Day ACTF was pretty litrally under ground, it doesn't want Chronos knowing about it so there would be no wide scale battle. Also use of Guyver US = very limited as he was freeking out about discovering how big Chronos actually was the day before X Day (see In the Beginnig). So the question would be how would you see your characters and how they fit in?

Juggernought your character would be very different in history coming from a Chronos background. But here's one for you, white about him discovering the C-Medal of the Guyver Zoanoid and bringing it to Chronos?

That's workable. Admittedly, my character story was going to be leaning towards Rescue or just afterwards, to give Gabe a reunion of sorts with the recently rescued Cori, but it was going to cover Gabe's background as the story unfolds. I can keep it to being right around the beginning of things, if you prefer, though, or possibly incorporate a bit of what happened in Time War Part 5 with the glimpses of Gabe and company seen so far.

That's workable. Admittedly, my character story was going to be leaning towards Rescue or just afterwards, to give Gabe a reunion of sorts with the recently rescued Cori, but it was going to cover Gabe's background as the story unfolds. I can keep it to being right around the beginning of things, if you prefer, though, or possibly incorporate a bit of what happened in Time War Part 5 with the glimpses of Gabe and company seen so far.

You're thinking limitedly, would Cori and Gabe (Sean too) be stuck in the ACTF unground HQ for a long long time? To give you a rough idea time wise you're talking close to 3 years.

Being one of the few people who actually visted a Relic site Gabe would be a high profile target for ACTF pre X-Day.

Well like you said for Yuri that should be easy enough, particularly since the story really just needs some editing to make it fit better. I can expand it more if you want, just let me know and it can be ready fairly soon.

I'll be posting a preview of the Union story, in it you get an small idea of what life was like for the guys and women of ACTF.

But pretty much, Pre X day, ACTF was active but even then VERY secret, most people fighting Chronos didn't know of it's existance and fought under the FBI or other gorvenment organisations. After X Day ACTF apart from very view people remainded underground and very hidden. So anything done was highly secret and done with people that didn't make mistakes or leaves things to chance.

I can do that...I'll have a rough draft ready pretty soon if i can; Should i post it here or what would you prefer?

Additionally, by time war 5 has he achieved proto zoalord status or overlord as i had jotted down originally or still human?

Just finished reading the rewrite by the way, really liked how it's more detailed and all the pieces starting to fit together. What i'm getting really excited to see is how you put together Primitive Guyver's story from that point on in his quest for vengance, or is most of it gona be a mystery with only bits and pieces told?

Plus it will be interesting to see if Guyver 0 will regain his memories or how Primitive Guyver will manipulate him. Also i'm still a bit curious to see if that is really the last we will see of Reeve...it states that he's dying, and that he lost consciousness but never finally dead - or am i reading too much into that.

I can do that...I'll have a rough draft ready pretty soon if i can; Should i post it here or what would you prefer?

Additionally, by time war 5 has he achieved proto zoalord status or overlord as i had jotted down originally or still human?

Nope he is still human, but he is an Apprentice Zoalord by the time of 7 days though. Natasha's dead husband basically made way for this to happen by being killed by Aptom. Story wise and this just builds on the pre-rewrite story, with Natasha efectively disabled by Aptom for months after the beginning of All Things Change and suffering brain damage from her injury Gabe would have to fill in to take over her role.

Just finished reading the rewrite by the way, really liked how it's more detailed and all the pieces starting to fit together. What i'm getting really excited to see is how you put together Primitive Guyver's story from that point on in his quest for vengance, or is most of it gona be a mystery with only bits and pieces told?

Plus it will be interesting to see if Guyver 0 will regain his memories or how Primitive Guyver will manipulate him. Also i'm still a bit curious to see if that is really the last we will see of Reeve...it states that he's dying, and that he lost consciousness but never finally dead - or am i reading too much into that.

Will reply in the Time war P5 topic.

Question: since our stories are being set right around X-Day, is the general flow of events still going on as written? The original version, "In The Beginning" shows Sean meeting General Carter just before X-Day. "Union of the Guyvers", though, is set more than a year and a half after X-Day and the US has pushed back Chronos pretty hard (or at least enough to where the majority of the country is free). Are Cori and Sean both staying with the ACTF post-"In The Beginning", or at least shortly before the events of "Union of the Guyvers"?

The reason I ask is, in reworking my story of what's going on around Gabe (I'm now setting it just a few days after X-Day), I want to be certain of where Sean and Cori are located -- if Gabe's being secreted away because he saw the Utah Relic pre-X-Day, it stands to reason that Cori would be too, for exactly the same reason. All I have to go on right now is that Sean was taken to the ACTF base right before X-Day began in "In The Beginning", but really there's no mention of Cori (aside from indirect references in "In The Beginning") until the Grakken claims to have killed her about a third of the way into "Union of the Guyvers".

If I can get some enlightenment about that (even if it means just a PM in case that's a "No Comment" otherwise), that would help me out a bunch.

Just a little update on my end...my character story will be slightly delayed as my wife just gave birth to my gorgeous baby girl and she has a zoalord's affect on zoanoids over me. So between taking care of her and the wife and running on pure adrenaline and 5 hrs of cumulative sleep in 3 days, just giving you guys a heads up that it could take me a smidgen longer to get the full story out, although I should have the preview hopefully by next week and depending on how things go the full shebang shortly after.

Juggernought wrote:

Just a little update on my end...my character story will be slightly delayed as my wife just gave birth to my gorgeous baby girl and she has a zoalord's affect on zoanoids over me. So between taking care of her and the wife and running on pure adrenaline and 5 hrs of cumulative sleep in 3 days, just giving you guys a heads up that it could take me a smidgen longer to get the full story out, although I should have the preview hopefully by next week and depending on how things go the full shebang shortly after.

Dude, major congrats! Best wishes to the little princess and the wife for doing a wonderful job! ;) No worries about the story; will be ready and waiting when it's done, and besides, got my own to rework in some spots. Good luck, and again, congrats to u and ur new family member! :):D:mrgreen:

Congrats, dude. :) And always remember, you will have to save vs. cuteness at all times with your little girl... and you will fail those saves. ;)

Question: since our stories are being set right around X-Day, is the general flow of events still going on as written? The original version, "In The Beginning" shows Sean meeting General Carter just before X-Day. "Union of the Guyvers", though, is set more than a year and a half after X-Day and the US has pushed back Chronos pretty hard (or at least enough to where the majority of the country is free). Are Cori and Sean both staying with the ACTF post-"In The Beginning", or at least shortly before the events of "Union of the Guyvers"?

The reason I ask is, in reworking my story of what's going on around Gabe (I'm now setting it just a few days after X-Day), I want to be certain of where Sean and Cori are located -- if Gabe's being secreted away because he saw the Utah Relic pre-X-Day, it stands to reason that Cori would be too, for exactly the same reason. All I have to go on right now is that Sean was taken to the ACTF base right before X-Day began in "In The Beginning", but really there's no mention of Cori (aside from indirect references in "In The Beginning") until the Grakken claims to have killed her about a third of the way into "Union of the Guyvers".

If I can get some enlightenment about that (even if it means just a PM in case that's a "No Comment" otherwise), that would help me out a bunch.

The general flow from X-Day to Revolution day 2010 will eventually be wrote. but suffice to say, the base that ACTF use was there at X-Day, after X-Day some 4 years later they'd a ready army seen in Union.

In The Beginning still for the most part will stay the same. Sean meets General Carter as X-Day is about to happen.US command is destroyed on X-Day, the command now = General Carter, there is nothing else left. After that day Cori and Sean stay in the ACTF HQ until Revolution Day.

The Grakken event will be VERY different, I've spoke of this on the forum before. But suffice to say, if you're doing an intro story set around X-Day you don't need to speak of the Grakken as they are not in the story yet.

Congrats!!! Have fun with the little one! And yes, nothing much is expected of you, do it whenever you've time.

The general flow from X-Day to Revolution day 2010 will eventually be wrote. but suffice to say, the base that ACTF use was there at X-Day, after X-Day some 4 years later they'd a ready army seen in Union.

In The Beginning still for the most part will stay the same. Sean meets General Carter as X-Day is about to happen.US command is destroyed on X-Day, the command now = General Carter, there is nothing else left. After that day Cori and Sean stay in the ACTF HQ until Revolution Day.

The Grakken event will be VERY different, I've spoke of this on the forum before. But suffice to say, if you're doing an intro story set around X-Day you don't need to speak of the Grakken as they are not in the story yet.

Okay then, just so I'm sure I'm understanding the revised timeline as it stands now: Mutronics is circa early 2004; Dark Hero is late spring 2005 (it had been early June 1996 in the original timeline, and had been said to be a year or thereabouts since the events of Mutronics in the introduction to Dark Hero), and X-Day is now sometime in December 2006? D-Day is July 4, 2010 according to the revised Union write-up, so that much I know for certain. The original draft of Union gave it as eighteen months between X-Day and D-Day, but it sounds as if you've extended that to be closer to a four-year clandestine build-up.

Just want to be certain all my facts are straight, more than anything else.

Okay then, just so I'm sure I'm understanding the revised timeline as it stands now: Mutronics is circa early 2004; Dark Hero is late spring 2005 (it had been early June 1996 in the original timeline, and had been said to be a year or thereabouts since the events of Mutronics in the introduction to Dark Hero), and X-Day is now sometime in December 2006? D-Day is July 4, 2010 according to the revised Union write-up, so that much I know for certain. The original draft of Union gave it as eighteen months between X-Day and D-Day, but it sounds as if you've extended that to be closer to a four-year clandestine build-up.

Just want to be certain all my facts are straight, more than anything else.

X-Day is going to be revised again. It's offical in the Guyver books that it was August 17th. No mention of the year. But roughly speaking it would be near 4 years odd later bar 1 month.

And yep, the time has being extended to allow time for other stories in the books to play out and to realistically rebuild Chronos command.

• 4 months later...

Just when you think things are getting better...

So, a few might have noticed that I've been extremely scarce. That happens when your previous PC goes through 2 power supplies (one of which was admittedly used and from an older computer to begin with) within 24 hours and can't get a replacement. However... I recently inherited a "new" (for me, anyway) PC with Windows 7 and 700GB hard drive (and God only knows what I'll do with all that space).

This means, once again, I lost all my progress for Gabe's introduction story. However, I still have enough of it in mind to where I'm going to start rewriting it (third try is supposed to be the charm, right?) and get it ready for you guys, because God knows you've waited long enough for it as it is. I'll update as I go, and hopefully a preview will be coming before too much longer.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I too have hit multiple snags when it comes to writing Yuri's introduction story. Needless to say it'll get done when it gets done. Sorry for the delays and just wanted to let people know that I am still around and still working on the task at hand.

• 7 months later...

By my powers of thread necromancy, I resurrect this thread! :twisted:

Ahem. Seriously -- I'm still fiddling with Gabe's intro story, hoping to try and get that done before too much longer. I've been taking a bit of time away from it (having had to switch computers again -- I swear I have the worst luck imaginable for computers the last few years, but at least this time I didn't lose any of my work -- didn't help matters), but I'm getting back into it now. With luck, I'll have a finished product by the end of the month, and can send it to Sully for him to look over and post up when he's ready.

Cool, hopefully you'll be done time for the March updates :)

One thing for you guys to note and this is a little bit of a spoiler and so anyone who wants to save the surprise element do NOT read after this:

in a change to the orignal story, with the Rewrite of Union of the Guyvers Tetsuro, Mizuki and Shizu find homes in D.C. close by the ACTF base. Tetsuro will start working with Dr Drake and will work on the development of the Green Armours and helped with the Blue prototypes.

In Time War their is a reason why the Japanese Guyvers and Aptom were not around to help Warrior Guyver and Guyver US. This again isn't much of a spoiler to say what they were up to. They were getting the Segawa Parents out of Japan.

The above will involve some miner edits to Time War parts 4 and 5 when I've finished Union.

So from this point of the story on Sho, Agito and Aptom used the DC base as their primary base of operation story wise. Note this does not mean they don't appear in other fictions, like the WGC and Nova storie as they did before. Just that they are no longer based in Japan. The reason being is if you take some events of the actual Guyver Comic. A Key plot was Sho and co joining Agito in the USA with Zeus Thunderbolt. It never happened though due to events in the Comic.

With the next rebuild of the WG.com in March I'll be making it easier to access the old version of the site which will always contain the pre-rewrite stories. So Matt's and Andre's and my orginal stories based on our limited knowings of the Guyver world will be there to stay.

Interesting...

That will help in Gabe getting out into the field, once that happens -- and allow him to dig more into the theoretical aspects of what the Uranus and Gen were doing when they developed the Guyver technology (in the Gen's case, updated it with all the various Projects) to team up some with Cori's more practical knowledge, since she's actually seen the technology work.

And, I'm sure I've asked this before and forgotten: Union of the Guyvers is when, exactly? Is it going to be that four-year point where the ACTF starts taking the fight back to Chronos, or will things still be under Chronos dominion at that point? Just want to be sure of when things are happening, in case I do any post-X-Day stuff with Gabe that's before everything really begins. :)

And, I'm sure I've asked this before and forgotten: Union of the Guyvers is when, exactly? Is it going to be that four-year point where the ACTF starts taking the fight back to Chronos, or will things still be under Chronos dominion at that point?

The four year point is between "in the beginning" and "Union". ACTF spends 4 years underground building and developing the Red Armours and getting into a position that they can take D.C. from Chronos. The start of the actual fight against Chronos is at: 6am the 4th of July 2010. By which time Dr Drake has already in the finial stages of developing the Blue Armour. The Union story ends September 2010.

Between September 2010 and October 2010 ACTF has expanded making huge gains. Mostly it's thanks to Chronos still not putting up huge resorces to stop them. With Gigantic Guyver, Guyver 3, Guyver US and Warrior Guyver along with Aptom sufice to say normal zoanoids and hyper-zoanoids do not stand a chance. That along with a heavily armoured and well supplied army helps capitlise on these gains. Fighting also happens in Canada during these events (as depicted in Matt's first story).

A few days before Warrior Guyvers mission to Area 52 the Japanese group go back to Japan to get the Segawa parents out of Japan. Tetsuro, Mitzuki and Shizu are still in the USA during the events of Time War.

Just want to be sure of when things are happening, in case I do any post-X-Day stuff with Gabe that's before everything really begins. :)

No problem.

• Sully pinned this topic