Sign in to follow this  
Zoaknight

Guyver Roleplay

I was thinking that alot of other forumns I've been to possess roleplay sections where fans can come up with their own characters and storylines and play them out for fun, perhaps we could that here as well? It may help attract more Guyver fans to the forumn AND it would give us an excuse to place our own OCs into play. We could do scenes within the storyline of the original Guyver universe from the manga or we could try doing stories with the Warrior Guyver & W'kar universes (if their creators are okay with that).

Is that possible for us to do here :?:

Already has been done. I think it created some trouble if I remember correctly. Though I never got into it.

I think currently with the forum as is, it'll be too inactive for it to be worthwhile.

Nope. Will never happen... Again...

Long long ago, we did have an RPG forum, and due to many issues, which I will not go into, as it is long in the past, it was closed and eventually all posts removed.

So sadly, we're not looking into that happening again.

Awww...That sucks, I roleplay on a few other forumns and thought it would be fun to try with a Guyver setting (as long as we set some ground rules and have a game master incharge to prevent god moding). Sorry to hear the last one didn't go so well :(

The main reason it was gone is simply the work load it involved. But mainly because it put a huge strain on the board and in fact crashed it out a few times. So for that reason alone I'd sooner not have it back.

Some of the old timers here that still RP might be able to point out the Guyver's Lair, if that's still ative and they want some links around WG.com pointing to it I don't mind helping support their efforts in getting a working RP board up and running for them or others to manage.

G.S.F. is also an RP section. So Will might also have some suggestions if he's lurking about. Whatever you guys decide to do let me know.

Yes, and I think this is what ZK is looking for: http://s3.invisionfree.com/GuyversLair/ ... hp?act=idx I'm one of the old timers from that stage on this board and just about everything that was done here was moved to the new board. Sadly, I don't RP there much anymore. Real life basically got in the way. And it isn't just me, it looks like RL has gotten in the way for a lot of the others. There hasn't been a post on the board in a good while, but ZK can feel free to drop in and check things out.

Thanks for the link Armageddon :D

Murakami, Guyver 1, and Aptom salute you! :mura: :G1: :apt:

I've considered adding a roleplay section for GWOTG, based off the setting itself. My wife is really into online roleplaying, and has done the Forum-RP thing alot. Still does in fact.

Course it raises all sorts of questions.

1. Posting Rules

2. Player Character Rules

3. Setting Rules

4. Art

5. Who can be a moderator.

Personally, I wouldn't mind doing it, but I'd have to delegate someone to handle the day to day activities. With writing itself, it kind of leads less time for moderating in such a way.

Of course it would also have to be set on it's own separate board as well. Not a big deal, but it can't be on part of this board itself.

Were I to do so, would anyone be interested in RP'ing on a board set in the GWOTG setting? Of course questions like when the RP takes place will have to be addressed.

I'd be interested in roleplaying in the GWOTG setting! Especially if I got to play as a new generation Zoalord (love Albass, her dad, and all their chronos crew :mura: )

However, my only concern about a GWOTG setting is that in the current storyline things are pretty much one sided, i.e. if you're not of Anubis's order you're pretty much in over your head :lol: . Basically, if we were gonna play a game during Anubis' reign of terror, we'd need to figure out a way to balance out the characters so if it came down to a fight the odds would be even regardless of which faction you were fighting for (doesn't mean i wouldn't like to give it a shot however, a Guyver roleplay in any scenario or worldsetting would be kickass, fun, and challenging).

We could always dream up other settings too since we know there exists a multitude of alternate realities in the GWOTG and Warrior Guyver multiverse.

Were I to do so, would anyone be interested in RP'ing on a board set in the GWOTG setting? Of course questions like when the RP takes place will have to be addressed.

That is actually not such a big deal as it used to be. The web server WG.com is now on is a lot LOT better than it was before. So making a new board on a different completely database (I've 2 now with them) will mean what happens there does not impact on this board at all. Though it would be a different messageboard so you guys who are interested in it would have to make new user accounts (or I could transfer the user accounts from this board, but would need a list and will clean up from there pruning out those not interested).

Let me know what you decide and will go from there.

sounds like fun i'm in if everyone else is.

I've a site I am working on which will be targeted towards folks with projects. Basically a social networking site. As I am in need of members who can test out its functions a group could be created on that with it for this with its own forums. I won't spam the site unless there is interest. (I have my own rpg which I am working on I am using to start the site off as well as a blog)

Sounds like we have people interested in giving this RP a shot, so how should we begin? I'd like to help if possible.

If we're playing Great War of the Guyvers in its current continuity, than players could be either members of Anubis's Order or the Anti-Advent Republic or Kronos (unless we combine Kronos and the AAR together, lol).

And that sounds very generous of you Aranor :mrgreen:

I've considered adding a roleplay section for GWOTG, based off the setting itself. My wife is really into online roleplaying, and has done the Forum-RP thing alot. Still does in fact.

Course it raises all sorts of questions.

1. Posting Rules

2. Player Character Rules

3. Setting Rules

4. Art

5. Who can be a moderator.

Personally, I wouldn't mind doing it, but I'd have to delegate someone to handle the day to day activities. With writing itself, it kind of leads less time for moderating in such a way.

Of course it would also have to be set on it's own separate board as well. Not a big deal, but it can't be on part of this board itself.

For character rules, you could base the system off of D&D. That would make things easier.

Hi, is anyone else besides me still interested in the idea of a Guyver/Warrior Guyver/GWOTG roleplay? :)

Hi, is anyone else besides me still interested in the idea of a Guyver/Warrior Guyver/GWOTG roleplay? :)

Now that this baord is updated I'll be giving the keys to a nice new fresh board to Allen (whenever he wakes that is) up so he can make RPG board it (new board should happen this weekend, as for Allen taking it over it's up to him).

Zoaknight wrote:Hi, is anyone else besides me still interested in the idea of a Guyver/Warrior Guyver/GWOTG roleplay? :)

Sully wrote: Now that this baord is updated I'll be giving the keys to a nice new fresh board to Allen (whenever he wakes that is) up so he can make RPG board it (new board should happen this weekend, as for Allen taking it over it's up to him).

Awesome, thanks for the info 8-)

Wow its been far to long since ive been here...is this still going on im up ffor it!!

Ditto :mrgreen:

Alan hasn't responded to this since. So looking to see if one or two of you guys who likes to RPG wants to take over a new message board.

I'll have an admin account basically to make sure the board can be upgraded to the latest version and to keep it running. I've no intentions of being a mod unless you guys lose control of the place and basically causing trouble.

So in other words, if your mature about it (more than I was when we first started the WG.com board banning people over stupid drenn and having a rule section that now is more embarrassing than anything else) and want to run the board let me know here.

The other problem would be how many people are going to do it too. This board isn't exactly active. In fact I think this is the most dead is has been even though the site itself is the most active it has been years.

I don't have much experience in running a board or enforcing rules and what not. Its something I'd be interested in learning more about just to see if I could do it though.