Sign in to follow this  
McAvoy

Most skilled Warrior Guyver Host?

Most skilled Warrior Guyver Host?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Most skilled Warrior Guyver Host?

• Jason O'Conner (Warrior Guyver/Dreadnought)
    • Stephen Cain (Warrior Guyver 2)
    • Agito Makishima (Warrior Guyver 3/Zues)
    • Amuro Rei (Warrior Guyver 4)
    • Lorcan Lebedeva (Warrior Guyver 5)
    • Max Steiner (Warrior Guyver C/Ultimus)
    • Fiona O'Conner (Female Warrior Guyver/Valkryie)
    • Faye (Guardian)
    • Vamore (Warrior Guyver Vamore)

**put's on tin foil hat**

Zeo...your a mind reader. Those are darn near real close to the thoughts i had, but you worded them much better then me. Zeo, job well done.

**tilts tin foil hat and walks off**

Just out of curiosity where does it show Faye was trained by the creators? I didn't see it yet.

I read when Jason went back and found her but did not read about the creators training the humans.

Out running a prey is one thing, run uphill and most bears will pretty much quit. Meet the bear face to face and your not walking away unscathed. (Unarmed)

I am comparing Faye's mentality to the same as Wolverines when he was running in the wild some 30 years. Using that she could always be counted on to face danger with little consideration or hesitation. And that is what I would say is her drawback. (Even being trained by the creators)

Just out of curiosity where does it show Faye was trained by the creators? I didn't see it yet.

I read when Jason went back and found her but did not read about the creators training the humans.

Aside from what I already stated, with Faye's story being better explained in Chronicles when it gets up to her, Jason never stuck around long enough to know anything of how people lived at that time and was too busy trying to save his time line. And it's not like he has long conversations with Faye.

Like when has he ever asked her about her past?

Out running a prey is one thing, run uphill and most bears will pretty much quit. Meet the bear face to face and your not walking away unscathed. (Unarmed)

Point one, you're assuming a people that are constantly being prepped to become zoanoids wouldn't also be trained to fight.

Point two, you're forgetting humans were chosen because of our brains. They would have figured out ways to kill the bear, even if they had to do it individually.

Hell many more modern warrior people like the Spartans had rights of passage like that in which a warrior had to kill a dangerous animal with no pre-made weapons, who knows what the Creators thought would be a good test of ultimate survivor-ability.

I am comparing Faye's mentality to the same as Wolverines when he was running in the wild some 30 years. Using that she could always be counted on to face danger with little consideration or hesitation. And that is what I would say is her drawback. (Even being trained by the creators)

Sorry but Faye has never been mindless violence like an animal, she's just ruthless and to the point when fighting. If she was like Wolverine during that time then she would never listen to Jason telling her not to kill someone.

Mind you Zeugma and Kron are also examples of Faye's people.

I didn't say she was mindless. I said she does not hesitate to face danger an does not consider consequences. Her fight with the bio titan shows this. Without calling for help, she would be dead.

I coudln't find Chronicles. wouldn't mind reading it. I like her character but still favor Agito for host.

I didn't say she was mindless. I said she does not hesitate to face danger an does not consider consequences. Her fight with the bio titan shows this. Without calling for help, she would be dead.

Aside from the fact that a soldier/warrior is not trained to consider consequences, only fight!

Hesitation in a warrior is weakness, plain and simple. But the reason for training is so the warrior doesn't have to think about every move.

This is true of all combat training from basic self defence to advance martial arts. You learn to fight until you stop thinking about it.

Just look at EKG's of snipers when they shoot, the moment they fire is when they are not thinking about it!

Like I said Faye is better at Fighting while Agito is better at War, only with the later do you really need to consider the consequences!

Faye is a product of her origin but she is nothing like Wolverine in his feral state, who acts only on instincts and without any planning. Faye on the other hand does plan, she just doesn't bother with irrevelant details aside from what she needs for winning the fight.

Plain and simple ancient humans weren't stupid, they were just like you minus modern culture and technology. Just look at Primitive Guyver!

So let's analyze her battle with the Bio-Titan. For one thing it was the first battle she had with anything stronger than herself and as far as she knew there was little short of a Zoalord or at least hyper zoanoid for her to worry about. But then she also had the Aceaer Unit on her at the time, so she understandably would have felt confident she could handle one lone zoanoid.

There is also the need to prove herself involved in the way she acts, remember I said she was an outcast and would be understandably uncertain about her standing in her knew, as she would put it, tribe.

You should then consider the fact that she did call for help as an example that she does think and knows what she is doing, which we can compare to Agito's history in which he hasn't really ever called for help no matter how badly he needed it.

Like when he was ambushed by Team 5, he didn't call for help. He was totally surprised when G1 smashed into the Tunnel and rescued him and Sho's friends.

Also later while facing Three Zoalords at the Arizona base, he did not call for Griselda and the Libertus. They came on their own and only then did he use them, and only because he had lost the Gigantic to Sho.

Agito's mindset has always been never show weakness and to be ruthless in battle. This however is not always the best way to fight.

Stealing the Gigantic from Sho in the middle of a battle for example is plain and simple an act of pure arrogance and of course ruthlessness.

Which brings up another important factor for a host for the Guyver, the stronger the host will the more they can do.

Agito may be strong but he doesn't have the heart that allows the heroes of the story to have even stronger will power when properly motivated.

Like Sho recently showed when he took the Gigantic back and blocked Agito from taking it back, and even showed a new power of the Gigantic.

Besides the Topic is about who is the most skilled Host!

And we have to remember Faye has grown from how she was when Jason first met her, even Stephen respected her enough to give her the Praetaorian Unit.

Do you really think he would have done that unless he thought she was the best to use it?

So on equal terms, who do you think would win in a fight between Agito and Faye?

between Agito and Faye? I think Agito would get his ass handed to him unless he used the Zeus unit...

now if it was same power level, meaning no use of the CPM's or Bio energy doubler of the Praetorian unit, I would say Faye would still win, though probably not as easily as some people would think, I think it would be close, but I believe Faye would win in the long run. Agito seems to only want ot pound his enemies into the ground as quickly as possible. I dont think I've ever really seen him toy around, Faye on the other hand seems to strategise more, and could probably adapt to Agito's style and find a way to beat him.

Again I will ask. Where is her story posted so I can better understand her? I just haven't seen it.

Steven handing her the praetorian unit was also a means to further strengthen the force that is already there. Why give someone a unit that does not know how to use it when you can upgrade an older more familiar host?

I am also thinking on this thread as a host for the warrior. Not the warrior itself. As is who would be better suited to recieve one had they not been bonded.

Again I will ask. Where is her story posted so I can better understand her?

She's a supporting character, you'll have to read the whole fan fiction to get any real sense about her.

Steven handing her the praetorian unit was also a means to further strengthen the force that is already there. Why give someone a unit that does not know how to use it when you can upgrade an older more familiar host?

Stephen is a soldier, he would never had given a weapon that in pure and simple military terms is a weapon of mass destructions to anyone he had the slightest doubts about.

Familiar or not if she was anything like you were thinking about her then he would not have given it to her!

Remember it's war, not a popularity contest. Also remember Stephen is also a leader, often being put in charge of important missions, etc. And he is aware of all the other candidates that could have been chosen to become the Aceaer Marine.

Also remember Stephen and Jason haven't always seen eye to eye, and Faye pretty much only ever talked to Jason most of the time.

So logically the only reason for him to really do it would be because he thought she would best be able to use that unit.

Hell, the only reason the general was mad at him for giving the Praetorian Unit to Faye was because of the recent rebellion of Dreadnought, thus putting Faye's loyalties in question but Stephen didn't know about any of that when he gave her the Unit and thus did what he thought was best for the ACTF.

I am also thinking on this thread as a host for the warrior. Not the warrior itself. As is who would be better suited to recieve one had they not been bonded.

The Topic is most skilled (IOW the best) Warrior!!!

Time line of when they got their Units is was not given as an issue and thus all their developed skills are factor able, both before and after bonding!

So with and/or without the Unit, who is the best fighter amongst the Warrior Units?

The topic is most skilled warrior guyver host.

I should have put unit after warrior.

I have read the fics and nothing springs to mind about any of her training. Other than what she has learned in the last few months. So basing on what I know of the characters I choose Agito. Should further knowledge of Faye be pointed out to me I would be willing to change my opinion.

P.S. In the data files it would be nice to have a seperate clip telling some of the host. Should the originators ever get the time.

That could be done with the suggested articles that was brought up in another thread. And i believe a lot of the characters' in depth development will be apparent in the rewrites as well as the Chronicles.

Yup, but if you want a present solid example there is Faye's fight with WG5.

He attacked her but she dodged the Smasher attack, had the presense of mind to call for help while simultaneously fighting for her life. And despite being a normal Guyver, even with Aceaer unit enhancing her, she still managed to sword fight for a full 10 seconds before her swords finally got sliced off.

Mind you her going up against a WG is like a Zoanoid expecting to win a fight with a Guyver, yet she still lasted for over 10 seconds.

Also during 7DOH story arc Jason states she is perhaps one of the most hardened fighters he has ever known.

And she not only does well against the Eliminator but also does well again GPZ, and is even thrilled by the fact he is over 4x her power because of the challenge it provides her. Showing her warrior mindset.

Not to mention she did do better against Drano than Zeus did. :roll:

Too true, zeo, too true. :) When one has been raised like Faye, knowing only about fighting, survival, & the hunt, it can make an individual a very deadly adversary. :evil: Think about our old buddy Wolverine from Marvel Comics. 8) People have continually tried to be in control of him, to direct his actions to suit their desires. :? And almost every time, in the end, Wolverine comes out and says, "Bad move, bub." :twisted: His fighting prowess, coupled w/ enhanced physical senses, augmented strength, his healing factor, and his innate animal rage that can sprout @ just the right moment, means extremely bad news for the baddies. :mrgreen: Same thing w/ Faye. Born to live & die @ the Creators' whim, it was kill or be killed, only the strongest survive, etc. :!: I still think Jason & Agito are indeed skilled w/ their Units, but Faye can definitely put herself in their category w/ her raw fighting ability and aggressiveness. Nuff said. :mrgreen:

Edit: My 100th post! Hyper Zoanoid class @ last!

Bah missed out on this chat, would aggree with most that Faye is the most danagerous host to fight in any Unit. Which is why Stephen thought her best for the unit. That been of those listed by the OP.

The most dangerous host bar none is Primative Guyver, he not only knows what Faye does but has had millions of years to learn one hell of a lot more.

Glad to see you back in action, Sully. 8) Good point as well. Even w/o a Warrior Unit, Primitive Guyver is the most skilled of all the characters. :) Millions of years in existence, learning all the fighting arts, and becoming even more unified with his unit than anyone else; now a fight between him and Faye, or maybe even XT: that would be sweet. :shock:

:mrgreen:

True, but with Faye at her current power levels the fight would soon be one sided...Just like with Nova Guyver and WG2...the warrior unit's overall power, unlimited stamina and technological advances would compensate for the lack host fighting skill.

I agree whole heartedly with Sully! Faye is the greatest/most dangerous of the Warrior's in the pole. But Primitive Guyver was able to take out a Warrior Guyver Wannabe like Life Force Guyver without really breaking a sweat. Although the full fight wasn't revealed in the Fan Fictions I know it had to be a hell-a-v'e show. Living for millions of years, wow. Just the thought of that makes my skin crawl. dude's gotta be the most experienced and deadly warrior bar none. With the only other compitition being XT.

Faye may have a higher powerlevel now, but a true warrior wouldn't be thrown off by the other guy having a bigger gun. Just adds more of a challenge to the fight.

Life Force Guyver had no idea of the extent of his powers, he just basically used its durability, physical powers and obvious weapons such as the claws, swords and the pronged appendages on his back to beat down regular humans. More than likely his power wouldn't have been that great to start with as humans only give so much bio energy and to a unit like the WG prototype, a hundred of them still wont power it long enough.

Skill usually is a good way to bridge the gap between strength/power.

Well according to the poll, Faye won the topic.

I agree that the Primitive Guyver is by far the most skilled host. This also shows something though concerning memory though.