Sign in to follow this  
Lindsay

Guyver, Warhammer style

So! I'm big into tabletop games and I'm trying to expand my portfolio to start a career as a sculptor. After giving it some thought, I've decided to set about a long-term project: to sculpt every character from The Guyver!

I'm going to work through the cast - pretty much every named character I can think of - in rough order of appearance, working from the Manga and the OVA and the TV series. I might well tackle the Western live adaptations as a side project, maybe even do an Out Of Control offshoot. 

I'm going to be interpreting the characters in a fairly realistic style, but hopefully they'll be recognisable. All will be sculpted at a scale where a human is 28mm tall, unless otherwise stated.

If anybody happens to be equipped to give detailed crit, then please go ahead! My goal with this project is to improve my skills. 

Progress will happen as and when. So, here's my first two completed sculpts:

822220_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

822221_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

822218_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

822219_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

I think his eyes are a bit too sunken for a seventeen year old, but a Games Workshop manager remarked that he reminds him of Bruce Lee. So, he's already been recognised as East Asian. 

822225_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

822224_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

822222_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

822223_sm-Guyver%2C%20Scratch%20Build.jp

I had a go at painting a chrome effect without using pearlescent paint. 

• Like 2

They look pretty good to me. 100 times better than I could do. I'd be interested in seeing some zoanoids! How tall do they stand?

6 hours ago, Gazham said:

They look pretty good to me. 100 times better than I could do. I'd be interested in seeing some zoanoids! How tall do they stand?

Thank you! At this scale, a human is 28mm tall - though I've made Sho a bit too tall for this. Still, it's a learning experience :) 

Part of why I chose to sculpt from The Guyver is because of the mixture of civilian, military, and monster characters it'll entail. So expect to see Zoanoids before long :D 

• Like 1

That's quite small to get good detail. You must have a steady hand