Sign in to follow this  
ROUGE

Paranoid as hell

Hello, many of you may not be familiar with me but I've been here for a few months already. So I figured I would finally make a 'no nonsense' topic where I can get plenty of feedback from you all. I don't necessarily believe this topic counts as spam, otherwise I would have placed it there. For the record this isn't a blog. I have no idea what a blog is, nor do I know how to create one. This is simply a discussion concerning something I have taken an interest in. As the title suggests I am referring to Privacy, or more specifically internet privacy. This may get a tad bit heated with everyone's opinions but please keep it within reason.

It all started one day when I was using Avira on my desktop. If you're not familiar with this, it is simply an anti-virus program. One of the features includes VPN protection. At that time I had no idea what it meant. So I started searching online to find out and read more about it. Immediately I took action and set up VPN protection on my computer. I am not too sure myself how to explain what it is (as I am still learning), but basically it protects your IP address and location, so no one can hack into your computer, or find out what sites you're frequently on. Now I am not some major hacker or anything but I certainly don't want an unsuspecting party spying on me. That kind of intrusion is simply not welcome, no matter who they are!

Do any of you guys feel the need to hide your activity online? If so, what program do you use and how trustworthy are you on this type of software. Does it really work or not. I do have my doubts but I'd like to hear your thought on the matter first before sharing any more.

@Moderators/Admins: Please feel free to move my topic elsewhere if this place isn't the right section for it. I only wanted a friendly and insightful discussion about shared interests. No harm done I hope. :D

• Like 1

On 8/6/2016 at 4:43 PM, Zarc said:

Do any of you guys feel the need to hide your activity online? If so, what program do you use and how trustworthy are you on this type of software. Does it really work or not. I do have my doubts but I'd like to hear your thought on the matter first before sharing any more.

I always use a VPN for privacy purposes. I mainly use extensions on my browser such as Browsec. I think it's one of the best VPN extensions I've ever used. Here is the url if you're interested. 

https://browsec.com/en/

• Like 1