jerrygoodman

New Chapter status?

On 1/14/2019 at 10:58 PM, TricoBren said:

1) His editor, or the editor in chief at ACE is not happy with his work, and doesn't deem it good enough to run.

2) The title has been dropped all together. (Not an entirely far-fetched theory. Regardless of whether it's still listed or not, this could very well be the case.)

3) Takaya is in poor health and has been unable to draw.

4) Takaya has had enough, and can't be bothered to continue anymore.

Personally, I think the reason might be a combination of 3 and 4.

Thank you for this insight. this is very interesting.
They have also been working on the giant prime figures for a long time. If the Mangaka had lost interest, he would not have worked on those statues.

I have also heard in the past that Kadokawa are an awkward company to deal with.  Perhaps this is a situation where Yoshiki Takaya is finding it difficult to work with them?

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I can't see how the Prime figures would take him 3 years to sort out. Making them isn't his job. It looks like their molds were finished a long time ago and I can't imagine it taking more than a few months (if that) for him inspect the design, the sculpt and the paintwork, if he wishes to keep the producers on a tight leash for QA.

While the release of such impressive pieces of Guyver merch is confusing, I don't think it has anything to do with the manga's release.

18 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

Thank you for this insight. this is very interesting.
They have also been working on the giant prime figures for a long time. If the Mangaka had lost interest, he would not have worked on those statues.

I have also heard in the past that Kadokawa are an awkward company to deal with.  Perhaps this is a situation where Yoshiki Takaya is finding it difficult to work with them?

Kadokawa are no more awkward than any other company. If anything, like most publishers, they will want more content to keep an established series alive. I have a feeling the problem lies more with Takaya than with his publisher. Then again, there's no real way of telling unfortunately...

28 minutes ago, Bio-Boosted Dude said:

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I can't see how the Prime figures would take him 3 years to sort out. Making them isn't his job. It looks like their molds were finished a long time ago and I can't imagine it taking more than a few months (if that) for him inspect the design, the sculpt and the paintwork, if he wishes to keep the producers on a tight leash for QA.

While the release of such impressive pieces of Guyver merch is confusing, I don't think it has anything to do with the manga's release.

Yes, I completely agree. I think Takaya's involvement on these figures is grossly over exaggerated. From what I understand, the creators pretty much leave most of the leg work to the manufacturers. So, yeah, I highly doubt he's been "busy" meticulously looking over the finer details of these statues. If he's got time to do that, his editors will wanna know where the next chapter is.

All we can do is speculate, but unless he's literally directing a movie or some other massive project that has somehow remained a secret, I think he's probably just taking a creative "break" for a while...

Edited by TricoBren

This is most likely the optimist in me talking, but maybe just maybe, the prolonged hiatus is him actually finishing up the series.  Like actually planning out the rest of the story and then getting it done in one fell swoop instead of doing the month to month pace, which could have been a hindrance?

I know I am being foolish, but all I have at this point is hope.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Guyver0 said:

This is most likely the optimist in me talking, but maybe just maybe, the prolonged hiatus is him actually finishing up the series.  Like actually planning out the rest of the story and then getting it done in one fell swoop instead of doing the month to month pace, which could have been a hindrance?

I know I am being foolish, but all I have at this point is hope.

I also hope that's the case.

• Like 1

You know......, i was just thinking the other day that perhaps the reason for the halt in publication could be due to the rights being bought out?, there could be a movie coming in a few years!?

1 hour ago, guyverfan said:

You know......, i was just thinking the other day that perhaps the reason for the halt in publication could be due to the rights being bought out?, there could be a movie coming in a few years!?

Unlikely. Shonen Ace still lists Guyver as one of their titles.

And a movie or TV show planning would not have this long of a hiatus with no word.