Jump to content
jerrygoodman

New Chapter status?

Recommended Posts

I just had a crazy thought...what if Takaya was taken prisoner by Chronos and that's the reason we haven't gotten anything new?
(hey, at this point nothing would surprise me)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bio-Booster Armor Guyver, based on the real-life events of Yoshiki Takaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw as post on Facebook group stating that he read on a Chinese forum that the man himself runs a family dental practice. I wouldn't know if it's true, but that would explain why he doesn't seem produce the manga AND over see merchandise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gazham said:

I saw as post on Facebook group stating that he read on a Chinese forum that the man himself runs a family dental practice. I wouldn't know if it's true, but that would explain why he doesn't seem produce the manga AND over see merchandise. 

That would explain why trying to get him to pen more chapters is like pulling teeth...............

<_<

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.02.2018 at 7:24 PM, Gazham said:

I saw as post on Facebook group stating that he read on a Chinese forum that the man himself runs a family dental practice. I wouldn't know if it's true, but that would explain why he doesn't seem produce the manga AND over see merchandise. 

:shock:I also heard that rumor many years ago, but don't remember where it was written. Please can you give me a link to that post if you still have it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cannibal said:

:shock:I also heard that rumor many years ago, but don't remember where it was written. Please can you give me a link to that post if you still have it?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/152348111630111?view=permalink&id=730395890491994

It's in the comments, most of the way down.

Comment posted by Er Ten Hong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, nothing.

I just realized that you can do the "look inside" on amazon and check out the contents page which is pretty useful:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B079ZLH79M/kadokawaace01-22/

Next month's cover is also not Guyver so that may mean nothing next month too (going by the logic that after 2 years of nothing, they might give the Guyver a cover to mark it's return.)

I hope his plastic figure work and dentist surgery is going well though...

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a huge disappointment.

I've been gone from this site for about a month or so, and I finally remembered it so I came back. And here I find no new update on the next chapter. :cry:

Btw what is this :wg emote? WG? Who is that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Im pretty sure that's Guyver I with his Aptom variant armor attatched.  Color seems to match anyhow..

Edited by IHateToPryver
Misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Apollyon said:

Such a huge disappointment.

I've been gone from this site for about a month or so, and I finally remembered it so I came back. And here I find no new update on the next chapter. :cry:

Btw what is this :wg emote? WG? Who is that? 

 

3 hours ago, Salkafar said:

Something from GWOTG?

 

9 minutes ago, IHateToPryver said:

Im pretty sure that's Guyver I with his Aptom variant armor attatched.  Color seems to match anyhow..

That is the Warrior Guyver, from the Warrior Guyver Fan Fiction.

warriorguyver09.thumb.jpg.be9296b7d8814434719e0a9e90f81b1d.jpg

 I originally created those icons for our original forum long ago, which was merged with this one when we took over the site.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, my apologies on misinterpreting the work. Warrior Guyver is pretty neat looking. I knew nothing of that that fiction. It'd be neat to collab as a community and make a fan driven manga series. Maybe a few different ones? I always thought adding the guyver units to other series would be interesting. (Fist of the North Star?) Eh...Maybe it's a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IHateToPryver said:

Oh, my apologies on misinterpreting the work. Warrior Guyver is pretty neat looking. I knew nothing of that that fiction. It'd be neat to collab as a community and make a fan driven manga series. Maybe a few different ones? I always thought adding the guyver units to other series would be interesting. (Fist of the North Star?) Eh...Maybe it's a stretch.

I don't blame anyone for not knowing about it nowadays... The fanfiction itself has been around since 1998, but we were only popular for the early early 2000's but we kinda lost a lot of steam around 2002 and never really recovered despite popping up here and there over the years. Though I bet you have seen various pics of some of our characters in google searches. We have... probably too many... But sometimes you can't stop when designing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Matt Bellamy said:

I don't blame anyone for not knowing about it nowadays... The fanfiction itself has been around since 1998, but we were only popular for the early early 2000's but we kinda lost a lot of steam around 2002 and never really recovered despite popping up here and there over the years. Though I bet you have seen various pics of some of our characters in google searches. We have... probably too many... But sometimes you can't stop when designing stuff.

I probably started reading it/drooling over the artwork back in 1998. I was 8 years old and fell further in love with Guyver thanks to WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 8:38 AM, jerrygoodman said:

Well it's that time of the month again...any news or just another empty well?

horsemen you already know the answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropped by the book store on the way home today and YES!!

 

.....there is no Guyver chapter. You're welcome.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TricoBren said:

Just dropped by the book store on the way home today and YES!!

 

.....there is no Guyver chapter. You're welcome.

 

You raised my hopes slightly there! It was to be expected, though, I guess....

As long it finishes in my lifetime, I would love to see an end to the series.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2018 at 11:37 PM, PowerofGuyver said:

Sure is great being a Guyver fan. 

 

 

:/

yes....we're so exclusive:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Game of Thrones fandom:  Man, we have to wait SO LONG between seasons!

Guyver fandom: Hold my beer.

Edited by omegaling
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I promise all of you. If I ever become a mega millionaire, I will buy the rights to Guyver and bring it back to the US in force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PowerofGuyver said:

I promise all of you. If I ever become a mega millionaire, I will buy the rights to Guyver and bring it back to the US in force.

That isn't even an issue.

We just want new Guyver manga, period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×