Sign in to follow this  
Apollyon

Guyver information ASAP

Hello, I am new here and in need of some information. I am a pretty big fan of the series Guyver and had a few questions regarding it. I started off by watching the 26 episode anime series and then fell in love with it. It wasn't long before I realized the anime never finished it, since it was originally a manga. So I started reading the manga (naturally up to where the anime ended) but only found myself getting to around chapter 207. Since that's where the English translations for it ended at. And then I find out that they are way further and up to around chapter 245. So now I am just wondering (as someone mentioned coming here) if you guys had any of the chapters past where I am translated. It also has been difficult because here in the U.S. we don't have the Guyver series, or as I have been told. I caught up to where I left off by just reading most of it on manga sites. Yet, some of them are way off via chapter numbers and pages. Certain pages missing and whatnot. If anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

The forum does house the Guyver Advocacy team, but access to translations is restricted to people who prove that they own the manga.

Please see posts in the following forums regarding the Scanlations:

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index.php?/forum/130-access-request-area/

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index.php?/forum/15-guyver/

So basically I have to buy the volumes and then show them to you, and you can then translate them?

Am I getting this right. Also, why does the text above my name keep changing. What does it even say.

Edited by Apollyon

9 hours ago, Apollyon said:

So basically I have to buy the volumes and then show them to you, and you can then translate them?

Am I getting this right. Also, why does the text above my name keep changing. What does it even say.

Not exactly, we already have the scanlations done up to the most current chapter of the books.

If you want to know exactly where that matches with the 2005 anime, Book 10 is where that series ended and Guyver in Japan is currently on book 32.

The idea here is that 1) we don't want to be shut down for giving out free content that no one is entitled too just for knowing English and not Japanese and  2) but still be supportive to Guyver so it doesn't stop.

Look at the FAQ topic here for the rules:

Note for new to the book fans like yourself there is a cheap option. We don't expect everyone to suddenly go out and buy all the books.

The text is meant to be Japanese but the recent board update messed it up, I'll be looking to correct that over the weekend.

Thank you. I hope I'll fit in just like the rest of you. You guys have been here for a very long time though. And I am just now catching up to what you guys have been talking about all this time.

@Sully: Well that's understandable. I can definitely try supporting it in any way I can. However, I do wish to continue reading the manga so I know what happens. Personally I wish they had continued the anime. Many people (unlike myself) might become interested in the series just to have it end so abruptly at episode 26, while Cronos is still at large. Either way I will buy books 30-32 and present them to you so I can continue to read them. I am not going to stop at the chapter I am stuck on simply because I can't read any further, I refused to believe that. To me this series has become one of my favorites. Right up in my top five, and at the very least I intend on finishing it!

Haha alrighty then. Seems very cluttered lol.