guyversudo

New Guyver Figma's

121 posts in this topic

I think the perfect Guyver would be a BFC Figma. Relaunch the BFC with figma joints and all the fixes like the movable neck and shoulder parts on the Guyver 1 figma but use the Guyver 1 BFC size (6" scale) and it's highly detailed mold that was definitely perfection.

I will be buying these! It gives me reason to buy guyver 1 figma too now I know it won't be the odd one out in my collection

Edited by Gazham

Now even I want to buy all 3 of them. Starting saving money now.

tumblr_o362xgvUJr1s81xnto1_500.png

1 person likes this

I own Guyver1 but have not opened it as I have an opened BFC figure. I will surely buy these as well!

Edited by Guyver1

I'll be getting all of this team :)

This is pretty good news, happy to see two more figures are coming. While I would have preferred the original Guyver 2, I don't object to the female version. I bought 2 Figma Guyver 1s last August, very awesome figure.

Hopefully in time we'll get Zoanoids too.

I wonder how sturdy the Guyver 1 Figma figure is. I'm still very wary of anything from Max Factory because of how easy my Guyver Gigantic Dark figure broke in half. All I did was try to lift it so that I could dust it. I was very careful with it and it still split in half. It broke my heart when that happened. I'm still looking for the perfect Guyver figure. I will admit though I've been eyeing that huge Guyver 1 figure that came specially packaged with volume 21 of the manga. 

The jumbo Guyver1 figure is great! I have 2 of them. You should get one for sure.

I wonder how sturdy the Guyver 1 Figma figure is. I'm still very wary of anything from Max Factory because of how easy my Guyver Gigantic Dark figure broke in half. All I did was try to lift it so that I could dust it. I was very careful with it and it still split in half. It broke my heart when that happened. I'm still looking for the perfect Guyver figure. I will admit though I've been eyeing that huge Guyver 1 figure that came specially packaged with volume 21 of the manga. 

The Figma is a lot sturdier as a figure.

You have to realize that the Bio-Fighter collection figures were low run, early figures for Max Factory. They didn't know exactly what they were doing, and unfortunately in trying to make them super posable, they made them a bit fragile. However, now that the Figma line is HUGE and popular, their techniques in creating figures have also greatly improved.

You really should not have any worries about quality control on these ones. Max Factory knows what they are doing now.

I don't blame you. I was heart broken when my first BFC Guyver broke. First it was the hands, than the head, etc. And they were so super expensive...the Figma Guyver won't be cheap as well, but he's alot more sturdy. The joints feel soft, yet they're strong. I put my Figma Guyver through some heavy play the first month I got him, hasn't broke once. If you can find one for about 65 dollars, go for it. Not past that though. I got mine for 11 bucks off at Amazon. But there are a few sellers on Amazon and EBay that sell it for just a smidge less.

My advice, get it now before it triples in price, who knows if it'll ever be re-released. You won't regret it. Blows the older figure right out of the water.

Edited by PowerofGuyver
1 person likes this

if you're thinking of buying g1 figma, do it soon, as i've already seen some sellers listing them for over $100 already!

who knows what the asking price of them would be in a years time and he'll continue going up in price when g2f and g3 becomes available.

you'll be kicking yourself after

1 person likes this

I'd hope that GoodSmile releases Guyver 1 when the other two are on the horizon. Does the Figma series see much re-releases at all?

After Guyver 2F and 3, I hope they move on to Zoanoids, preferably Team 5.

Edited by PowerofGuyver

I'd hope that GoodSmile releases Guyver 1 when the other two are on the Horizon. Does the Figma series see much re-releases at all?

After Guyver 2F and 3, I hope they move on to Zoanoids, preferable Team 5.

They have done re-releases in the past for hugely popular characters... Like Link and Samus. But I doubt Guyver 1 will get one. Those two sold out incredibly fast. Guyver 1 is still available after such a time, and there are so many Figma's being released every year, I am sure his days are past.

Unless they do an "Image Head" version of the Figma like they did for the Bio Fighter collection... I'd buy that.

And I doubt we will see any Zoanoids. Figma tends to be the major named characters... At best, we might see Aptom or Murakami proto-zoalord form. And since they also do not tend to make HUGE characters into figmas, I doubt we'll see a full Zoalord or Gigantic ( especially since the Bio Fighter Gigantic figure is in proper scale with the Figma)

Don't get me wrong, the president of Max Factory, Max Watanabe has been a long time Guyver fan ( thus his interview with Takaya in the newest book), so he might be trying to support his long time friend... But If the figures don't sell... There isn't much he can do about it.

Unless Guyver gets a big push in Japan again... Somehow... But after the 2005 TV series, I kind of doubt that.

I really hate that I have to think this way. As a fan I'd love more Guyver merchandise... But I am too realistic. This release is probably just another "Oh hey another anniversary of my friends series. Let's make some stuff for him."

1 person likes this

Hm, yeah the way you think with Guyver Figmas is same way I am with the Robot Spirits Gundam line. I'm not as naive as I was in the past. Every time a new Gundam or mobile suit is shown, I'm already prepared for either the figure being an exclusive, or not made at all (if it was shown at a Tamashii Nations event).

It sucks when you have to dial your hopes WAAAAAY back.

I figure Team 5's chances would be higher than others since they're the most recognizable Zoanoids.

Edited by PowerofGuyver

I hope they release the Figma Gigantic Guyver  and Gigantic Dark. I missed the previous MaxF version coz low on cash during that period and now it's price have risen up alot.

1 person likes this

You don't want those old figures anyway. Their durability was crap. Hold out for the possibility of a Figma.

1 person likes this

The old figures sure haven't aged well. I'd you're handy with super glue, they are still great to own. The peg on the right hand of my gigantic guyver 1 broke the first time I tried to swap hands!

1 person likes this

You don't want those old figures anyway. Their durability was crap. Hold out for the possibility of a Figma.

I can attest to this. I had Guyver Gigantic Dark. It broke in half when I was attempting to simply dust it off. I lifted it gently by its torso and the thing just fell apart. My heart sank to the floor. What really hurt was the fact that I found it at my local anime convention. It was the only Guyver figure I've ever seen there. I picked it up in a heartbeat. When it broke I was crushed. My advice is if you do decide to get an old Max Factory Guyver figure keep it in the box.

1 person likes this

Just now, Matt Bellamy said:

Holy crap... Looks great!

...But what is up with the 2 different color versions...?

the gist i got from google translate is one color is from the manga and the other is from the OVA.

4 hours ago, lyrz said:

guyver II female figma pre-orders start tomorrow!

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-26965.html

Nice! I'll be definitely preordering her. But as much as I'd like a figure of her I would have thought we'd get the male Guyver 2 and Guyver 3 already. But at least with this release theres a big possibility they are next in line.

Edited by Darksenshi

53 minutes ago, Darksenshi said:

Nice! I'll be definitely preordering her. But as much as I'd like a figure of her I would have thought we'd get the male Guyver 2 and Guyver 3 already. But at least with this release theres a big possibility they are next in line.

I'd expect Guyver III to be shown at Wonfes in late July if Max Factory hasn't already done so by then. Anythng else beyond that depends on the sales of these Guyver figmas or until the next special anniversary.

Edited by lyrz
1 person likes this