Sign in to follow this  
Mirabilis

Godzilla vs Kong (It's Official)

Soooo as some of you know, growing up as a child Godzilla was a hero of mine. I loved him, whereas I literally had night terrors of King Kong up until I was 14. I sometimes had dreams of Godzilla protecting me from him though. This was due to the old classic Godzilla vs King Kong. Well, now they're rebooting it, with the new Godzilla flicks. Check out the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/godzilla-vs-kong-set-for-2020-214457108.html

• Like 1

That would be awesome! That movie is the original VS movie. Although in truth the first crossover fight movie would be Frankenstein meets the Wolfman.

I think that would be pretty cool to see.

In the old movie, didn't King Kong beat Godzilla?

I think that would be pretty cool to see.

In the old movie, didn't King Kong beat Godzilla?

It was a draw. You could, in a pinch, say King Kong came out better; unless I am mistaken they fell into the ocean and King Kong was seen swimming back to Skull Island, and 'no Godzilla'. But he popped right back up in the next movie. so they just decided to stop fighting.

...That means that Kong is the only movie monster ever who can be stated outright to be able to fight Godzilla to a standstill.

Of course it's a different Kong... about three times as tall as the original, and with lightning powers.

And if this guy is to be able to stand up to the new Godzilla, he'll need another upgrade.

Edited by Salkafar

All I know for certain is I'll be entertained :D I really enjoyed the last Godzilla movie, a lot more than the earlier Americanised version.

I only hope they add Jagers into this story as well.

Originally they had the monsters fight to a draw. In the Japanese version you hear both Kong and Godzilla roar their "goodbyes" but in the American version you only hear Kong. Also Godzilla swam underwater, Kong surfaced so it's hard to really say. But Sal is right. This new Kong will need to be as big as Godzilla and need some kind of power besides being "charged up" by lightening. 

So we have Godzilla 2014, Kong: Skull Island (2017) which should be interesting since its set in the G 2014 universe, Godzilla 2 (2018) and then the big match up King Kong vs Godzilla.

Its a good time to be a kaiju fan.

Edited by Prometheus Guyver
  • Like 1