Guyver1

Guyver collections... the REVISIT!

3 hours ago, Blue5ive said:

^Definitely agree with this.  I just wish I had some nice shelves instead of the plain pine boards. 

It's not the shelves that make it great, Blue5ive! It's the fan behind it all! ... Well, that and the collection displayed of course 8) But the fan first!

• Like 2

On 3/27/2017 at 8:11 PM, guyversudo said:

20170318_130813.jpg

What do these looks like outside of the boxes, are they model kits or are they painted?

Edited by grendelrt

21 hours ago, grendelrt said:

They are mostly preprinted model kits. All you need to do is cut off the excess vinyl and fit the pieces together.

48 minutes ago, Gazham said:

They are mostly preprinted model kits. All you need to do is cut off the excess vinyl and fit the pieces together.

That's cool, so they are already in a painted looking state?

You have the original Guyver model kits? I am so jealous!

12 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

You have the original Guyver model kits? I am so jealous!

They often pop up on yahoo auctions Japan and even a few on eBay if you want to get started!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grendelrt said:

That's cool, so they are already in a painted looking state?

Most of them are, yes. A small amount need a small amount of additional painting. The larger boxed guyver 1, 3 and 2f ones require a full painting though

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gazham said:

Most of them are, yes. A small amount need a small amount of additional painting. The larger boxed guyver 1, 3 and 2f ones require a full painting though

Cool thanks!

I would like to try to pick up some of the zoanoid dual packs from max factory, but man they are fetching some high prices. I got some stuff off yahoo japan over the last month. 

Edited by grendelrt
  • Like 1

WWhen they come up on yahoo auctions , they are a lot more reasonably priced. Not much merchandise makes it on to eBay,  so the prices keep high

On 5/7/2017 at 7:07 AM, Gazham said:

WWhen they come up on yahoo auctions , they are a lot more reasonably priced. Not much merchandise makes it on to eBay,  so the prices keep high

What would be considered a reasonable price for a two pack? 

Depends on the 2pack really.  Some can go for about $100 or so and others could be up to $300+.  As mentioned items that show up on Buyee are usually a lot cheaper than what many sellers want on eBay. 

Just won a Buyee auction for a Guyver Gigantic model!!!!!! :)   Now I only need the Dark Gigantic to complete the models. 

• Like 1

Awesome, it looks it great condition too

Edited by Gazham
  • Like 1

Yeah it looks to be good.  

Buyee is killing this month.  Bought another Guyver 3 1/6 model for real 6 cheap then got Guyver 1 1/6 non Max Factory model and then the freakin Gigantic model popped up with only a 1 day auction time limit.  

Got in a box of goodies from buyee today. Had it bundled with books so had to wait for seamail on this one. 

20170628_154753.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, grendelrt said:

Got in a box of goodies from buyee today. Had it bundled with books so had to wait for seamail on this one. 

20170628_154753.jpg

Do you use seamail regularly?  I use SAL usually, to keep the cost of shipping down. I'd like to know if it's worth using. I always get landed with handling fees with EMS,  so I'm looking good for ways around it. SAL has been reasonable,  some times its quick, sometimes it takes a few weeks,  but it avoids courier handling fees, and occasionally import duty fees

Interesting about shipping methods.  I always use ems so I get it fairly quickly.  When I got 8 models sent to me at once about 2 months ago ems was only about $44 US to get them.  And I have never had any additional fees/courier fees and we don't pay import duties.  

2 hours ago, Blue5ive said:

Interesting about shipping methods.  I always use ems so I get it fairly quickly.  When I got 8 models sent to me at once about 2 months ago ems was only about $44 US to get them.  And I have never had any additional fees/courier fees and we don't pay import duties.  

I had all my guyver books in this order as well, so it was very large and decently heavy. It would have been I think an extra 100 dollars for EMS shipping over what I paid for seamail. No issues ever using seamail it just take a really long time to get here, usually 2+ months. I do SAL on smaller items and wait the 2 weeks usually. 

Good to know because I have been thinking about getting a 32 volume set from Buyee since they average under $100 but was curious about the shipping charges due to the weight.  As long as it has a tracking # I wouldn't mind the wait in this case. 

I checked it this buyee place, only one Figma Guyver listed. One freaking figure. People really don't want to give up their Guyvers over there huh?

There are 4 figmas listed on the first page but I think they are all female Guyvers. 

I would guess that guyver 1 comes up at least once a month, i check most days, it does come up regularly.

I would guess that guyver 1 comes up at least once a month, i check most days, it does come up regularly.