Guyver1

Guyver collections... the REVISIT!

Really would like to get this bust.  Maybe one day. 

5 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

Really would like to get this bust.  Maybe one day. 

I have the statue for Guyver1 as well, but nowhere to put him so he is in the box until we eventually move and have more room. Keep an eye on buyee. They are selling close to the initial price. I saw one that went for 248 or so the other day. Cheaper than buying direct.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm watching Buyee but have supposedly heard there are some knockoffs floating around.  Of course I use PayPal so I should be protected.  Space is a bit of an issue for me as well which is why I ended up not getting the statue.  I've also been putting more money into my yard, new fence, Koi fish pond and such.  Have house remodel stuff and looking to do as well.   So the high $$ for the full statues will have to weight.  I'm really waiting on the 1/6 figures to release.  

21 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

Yeah, I'm watching Buyee but have supposedly heard there are some knockoffs floating around.  Of course I use PayPal so I should be protected.  Space is a bit of an issue for me as well which is why I ended up not getting the statue.  I've also been putting more money into my yard, new fence, Koi fish pond and such.  Have house remodel stuff and looking to do as well.   So the high $$ for the full statues will have to weight.  I'm really waiting on the 1/6 figures to release.  

I can totally appreciate that. If I had the space I would have gotten Guyver0 too, but nah. I'm saving for a wedding next year and move as well so I need to pump the breaks anyways. Lol! But I have the bust for Guyver3 on pre order. I want those 1/6 figures too!! It's really too bad the manga and anime are dead at the moment. But probably a good thing. They would make even more stuff to buy if the property were thriving.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to that custom Aptom Omega Blast that was being done?

43 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

Whatever happened to that custom Aptom Omega Blast that was being done?

Not sure. I haven't seen anything else on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

Not sure. I haven't seen anything else on it.

Okay.  Was just wondering.  I'm still ever so slowly working on my own custom 1/6 figure when I have time and am in the mood. Plus the fact of just trying to figure out what all I want to do and how to do it.  It doesn't help that I'm not even remotely an artist lol. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

Okay.  Was just wondering.  I'm still ever so slowly working on my own custom 1/6 figure when I have time and am in the mood. Plus the fact of just trying to figure out what all I want to do and how to do it.  It doesn't help that I'm not even remotely an artist lol. 

I am an artist but I do not mess with all that. Doing my comic book is more than enough for my 2nd job. Lol!! At least you're trying!

Got my Aptom V2 in yesterday and finally built it today! Took about 2-3 hours and must admit it was the trickiest one so far. No idea how those shoulder cannons are supposed to open/close, so just ended up gluing it.

YvNs7aw.jpg

• Like 1

I got my zx tole final form and Aptom2 today as well. I will build them tonight  hopefully! My Enzyme, Guyver2, Guyver3 all came in today too. I ordered my laser discs and have all 6 of those now so I can use them as backdrops for the shelf. Nee pics coming soon!! Congrats on your arrivals Kanji!

Finished them both!

20190808_211605_compress86.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Finished them both!

20190808_211605_compress86.jpg

Congrats man! How did you get on with Aptom's shoulder canons? Were you able to follow the instructions and make them articulated, or are they just stuck on?

Also, how is the glow in the dark on ZX-Tole. It doesn't look much in regular light which is why I passed on it, but interested to know how it looks in the dark. Is it the same scale as the BFC figure?

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Congrats man! How did you get on with Aptom's shoulder canons? Were you able to follow the instructions and make them articulated, or are they just stuck on?

Also, how is the glow in the dark on ZX-Tole. It doesn't look much in regular light which is why I passed on it, but interested to know how it looks in the dark. Is it the same scale as the BFC figure?

The top of the shoulder canons is 2 parts. There is the part that opens and then there is a ball it attaches to.  The ball then sits in the socket allowing you to open and close it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

Thanks dude! I got the shoulders to work fine. No glue for them needed. They work great! No instructions needed. The zx tole is cool. He glows in the dark and is about the same scale as the action figure. Super happy with them! I have to get the rest out and on the shelf but am lacking room in the moment... so I will redo it all soon to properly display it all!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blue5ive said:

The top of the shoulder canons is 2 parts. There is the part that opens and then there is a ball it attaches to.  The ball then sits in the socket allowing you to open and close it. 

1 hour ago, Guyver1 said:

Thanks dude! I got the shoulders to work fine. No glue for them needed. They work great! No instructions needed. The zx tole is cool. He glows in the dark and is about the same scale as the action figure. Super happy with them! I have to get the rest out and on the shelf but am lacking room in the moment... so I will redo it all soon to properly display it all!

I must just be an idiot then. Followed the instructions and spent an hour trying to figure out how the balls were supposed to attach to the cannon covers. There is obviously a socket in the shoulders which is fine, but to attach it to the covers its said to cut a hole with a notch in the ball and push it in to the disk thing on the covers underside. No matter what I tried it wouldn't stay connected and it was pretty obvious that any pressure trying to close them would pop it off.

Just glued the balls on in the end. They'll still pop off if I try to move them though. Not really sure what else to do to secure them.

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I must just be an idiot then. Followed the instructions and spent an hour trying to figure out how the balls were supposed to attach to the cannon covers. There is obviously a socket in the shoulders which is fine, but to attach it to the covers its said to cut a hole with a notch in the ball and push it in to the disk thing on the covers underside. No matter what I tried it wouldn't stay connected and it was pretty obvious that any pressure trying to close them would pop it off.

Just glued the balls on in the end. They'll still pop off if I try to move them though. Not really sure what else to do to secure them.

So I cut out the cone that was attached to the ball and left it all as one piece. I wedged the cone into the top cover part and then put the ball in the socket of the bottom part. 

6 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

So I cut out the cone that was attached to the ball and left it all as one piece. I wedged the cone into the top cover part and then put the ball in the socket of the bottom part. 

"wedged the cone into the top cover part" - That's the bit right there I had trouble with. I think originally my hole was too small, then I made the plastic softer with hot water, that didn't work, so then I cut it a bit bigger and it still wouldn't "wedge" so I gave up :)

Well even though Matt didn't respond to any of my messages, my Aptom V4 came down from the US super fast with DHL. Another build I had to improvise on, (no idea how those tendrils are supposed to attach, I don't have a solder), but I'm really happy with it. Oh, and if anyone wants the BFC Guyver II kit, shoot my a PM with your offer. I'd like to sell it.

L75BYlr.jpgPoFWzX6.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Well even though Matt didn't respond to any of my messages, my Aptom V4 came down from the US super fast with DHL. Another build I had to improvise on, (no idea how those tendrils are supposed to attach, I don't have a solder), but I'm really happy with it. Oh, and if anyone wants the BFC Guyver II kit, shoot my a PM with your offer. I'd like to sell it.

L75BYlr.jpgPoFWzX6.jpg

There are supposed to be 4 small holes on the back of Aptom 4 that the tendrils stick into. Just a small touch of super glue and your good. 

Edited by Blue5ive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

L75BYlr.jpgPoFWzX6.jpg

Awesome!!! Looks really good Kanji! Congrats on the addition. 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys. I seriously need more space now. Still haven't even unboxed Gergoile yet, and you know imma keep hunting for that affordable BFW set6 and Barcus :)

Time to get a Detolf!

ZoBQVnu.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:04 PM, Kanji said:

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Thanks a lot guys. I seriously need more space now. Still haven't even unboxed Gergoile yet, and you know imma keep hunting for that affordable BFW set6 and Barcus :)

Time to get a Detolf!

ZoBQVnu.jpg

I could seriously use about 4 or 5 Detolf units.  Of course i would have a ton more space if I didn't have all the BFC and BFW still in their boxes and if all the models were not lined up individually in front of their boxes.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

I could seriously use about 4 or 5 Detolf units.  Of course i would have a ton more space if I didn't have all the BFC and BFW still in their boxes and if all the models were not lined up individually in front of their boxes.  

I feel you man. My biggest problem is that Guyver isn't all I collect and this isn't even all of it!

Zgn7V42.jpg

• Like 2

I hear ya.  I've also got about 100 Ultraman figures, 15 or so Godzilla and 3 or 4 Gamera.  And throw in a few Gundam too.  I decided I'm pretty much good with those but might add a Gundam here or there since I like building them.  Now I'm just waiting on the 1/6 Guyver action figures to be released.  Would love the Prime1 statues but I bit too much $$$ for now plus no place to put them lol. 

• Like 1