Jump to content
Guyver1

Guyver collections... the REVISIT!

Recommended Posts

Very nice. I'd taken a break from Guyver since the last Figma, but i'm keen to start collecting again and am considering filling some of the gaps in my BFC/BFW collection with the kits and trading figures. I already have a mode B Libertus and Hayami on order.

Whats your advise on the kits? I've always steered clear as I wasn't sure how well they scaled, how good the paint was, if there were bootlegs, or if some needed to be painted and how much assembly was involved. Is this an accurate list of all the ones available?

FjOnvvh.jpg

If so, these are the ones I would be looking for. Guess that Barcus is different to the BFW one or not?

z21X5ST.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have all of the bfw models, but the ones I do have are great! I have ones in the boxes new, others already made with boxes and some just boxes because I mainly want the artwork. I recently got an aptom version 4 already together and he is awesome! Supe heavy weight and painted well. I think the bfw models were all pre painted but you have to assemble them. Out of those, I only need aptom version2 and guyver 0 then I am complete. I have all of the bfc figures, including balcus and the test tank. I even have the mini sd set. Not much left to get!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

I don't have all of the bfw models, but the ones I do have are great! I have ones in the boxes new, others already made with boxes and some just boxes because I mainly want the artwork. I recently got an aptom version 4 already together and he is awesome! Supe heavy weight and painted well. I think the bfw models were all pre painted but you have to assemble them. Out of those, I only need aptom version2 and guyver 0 then I am complete. I have all of the bfc figures, including balcus and the test tank. I even have the mini sd set. Not much left to get!!

Nice! When you say bfw models I take it you are referring to the pre-painted garage kits? To me, the bfw line were the pre-assembled 2 packs.

How does the quality stand up between the garage kits and the twin packs? Do they scale the same and is the paint as good? From what I can tell they do, stumbled across this from an older thread and Gregole and Enzyme I look decent alongside the others.

How much would you expect someone to pay for those 2 these days? Is £100 each reasonable, or you think you can still find them for less?

Sorry for all the questions, just got excited after dusting off the old team 5. I remember I picked up all 4 used without the packaging for £50, but it seems gone are those days :)

QvKGhXU.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Nice! When you say bfw models I take it you are referring to the pre-painted garage kits? To me, the bfw line were the pre-assembled 2 packs.

How does the quality stand up between the garage kits and the twin packs? Do they scale the same and is the paint as good? From what I can tell they do, stumbled across this from an older thread and Gregole and Enzyme I look decent alongside the others.

How much would you expect someone to pay for those 2 these days? Is £100 each reasonable, or you think you can still find them for less?

Sorry for all the questions, just got excited after dusting off the old team 5. I remember I picked up all 4 used without the packaging for £50, but it seems gone are those days :)

QvKGhXU.jpg

Yeah I think about 100 each is fair unless it's a more rare one like guyver0, then might be a bit more. I think the twin pack ones are a bit better then the kits on paint and they scale roughly the same from what I can tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Yeah I think about 100 each is fair unless it's a more rare one like guyver0, then might be a bit more. I think the twin pack ones are a bit better then the kits on paint and they scale roughly the same from what I can tell. 

Thanks a lot! I think i'm probably going to get the Gregole and Enzyme then. I've been nervous about pulling the trigger since some really lack paint and detail.

Aptom V2 for example. I've seen it for 15,000 yen, but changed my mind as I was hoping it would look like the one on the right, which I imagine is one that has been painted? The one of the left doesn't look very good in my opinion.

tqK083V.png1ILhzm1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically if you want good paint on the BFC model kits them you have to do it yourself or pay someone.  Not to mention the color variations on the BFC models. My Aptom V2 has gray skin areas for the legs, arms and head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

Typically if you want good paint on the BFC model kits them you have to do it yourself or pay someone.  Not to mention the color variations on the BFC models. My Aptom V2 has gray skin areas for the legs, arms and head. 

Thanks for the advice. Think i'll stay away from that one. Does the same apply to this Aptom V4? I'm no artist so I'm not about to take a brush to a £100 figure.

Is this how it looks out the box, or has it had work done?

ZVG88ZU.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Aptom 4 looks pretty close to that picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blue5ive said:

My Aptom 4 looks pretty close to that picture. 

Thanks. I remember in 2013 Max Factory has some of their old kits on display which don't look like they were painted.

I see what you mean about the grey areas. I guess this is how it comes and my pic above has had an undercoat. I just want to know what I'm spending my money on so there are no nasty surprises! lol

4aahbi6.jpg

Got me excited for my stuff, but 6 years later we only got those 4 figmas. :(

Edited by Kanji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blue5ive said:

20190620_093005.jpg

Thanks for these! Yeah, this is what I worried about and part of the reason I never pulled the trigger on them years ago........

Hmmm, do you have Gregole and Enzyme? As this point I think those may be the only 2 I am interested in, unless they aren't pre-painted enough either.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to take the jump and bought Gregole and Enzyme. £170 including shipping for the 2 new in the box. It's steep, but Gregole without the box was going for £50 before fees and shipping on YAJ, so for the 2 new I think it's pretty much the best I'll find without hunting for months.

Found pictures of them without any additional paint done and think they are serviceable. Aptom V3 and V4 would be the only other 2 I'd get, other than that I think it's best to stick to the BFW from 2014. Still really want that Zerebebuth that came with Gergoile. Given up waiting on Max Factory for more in future.

DqRVkP8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had some luck on a couple of YAJ auctions. Got a new BFC13 Combat Operative with Mizuki Segawafor 4000 yen and the BFW set-01 Test Type and Enzyme II for 6500 yen. Not a bad score.

In fact, BFC13 has just come up on Mandarake for 8000 yen https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1114586524

Glad I found the auction first, otherwise I would have overpaid!

Just need the BFC 16 & 19 Aptoms now, and the other 3 BFW Zoanoid packs. Also Barcus and the processing tank would be nice one day!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost bid on the Mizuki set but forgot.  Already have 2 sets so didn't really need a third lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue5ive said:

Almost bid on the Mizuki set but forgot.  Already have 2 sets so didn't really need a third lol. 

Haha, I was lucky then! It would be sweet to have an army of Chronos soldiers. Mizuki on the other hand I'm not that excited about as she's barely painted and I think too big next to the Figma Guyvers. I'll probably also be looking for some more though.

Now i've got Malmot, Soldier, Gregole, Mizuki, Enzyme and Enzyme II joining my display in the next few weeks!! I can't wait!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a half dozen soldiers and 2 Mizukis.  1 painted and the other not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone want to sell a soldier? I have one in the box but want one for display. Great finds btw!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, penny just dropped that the guy I bought my Gregole and Enzyme from on eBay was UnitG. LOL!

It only just clicked when I saw the profile picture and thought "I recognise that display in the background" :)

Oh well, if you read this, thanks man. Hopefully they'll arrive soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my Gregole and Enzyme arrived!! I'm really pleased, but at the same time anxious as I've never built anything like this. What do I need? Scissors, Knives, Glue?

Grabbed another display box for my Guyver figures today. Adding the BFC and BFW's that scale with the figmas. Guyot and Neo Zx-Tole are a bit small based on the Data files, but i'll add them regardless. Really wished we'd got a figma Guyver II and Murikami to fit with the rest of the line. My BFC's are way to big.

aK3bImL.jpgeq6Xyfl.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So any advice on building these kits? I still need to get a craft knife, but is it correct you have to boil the parts in water before you cut them?

I mean, I can see the PVC is quite hard and brittle, so softening would certainly help with cutting, but worried hot water may affect the paint.

4ee5a96f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time I heated parts was to pop the arm into the body.  And I use a heat gun to do that instead of hot water.  Hair dryer could work too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kanji said:

So any advice on building these kits? I still need to get a craft knife, but is it correct you have to boil the parts in water before you cut them?

I mean, I can see the PVC is quite hard and brittle, so softening would certainly help with cutting, but worried hot water may affect the paint.

4ee5a96f.jpg

I just use a new blade on my craft knife for each figure. It cuts like butter that way. Just take your time, once you have done the first one you will get a feel for it. If I can do it with my clumsy builders hands, anyone can!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't boil them or you won't be able to handle them. get water that you can just about put your hands in without hurting.
if it won't hurt your hands, then it won't damage the paint.  unless it's water based, which it shouldn't be if it's an official kit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone! Really helpful. Hopefully I can get a knife by the end of the week. Hope to Make Gregole, Enzyme & the Chronos Grunt this weekend.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I finally got around to opening OVA GIIF today and tried playing around while I wait for my risers to arrive. I've got about 10 new figures to add and i'm starting to worry that 2 cases isn't enough.

mDaZ9Va.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×