Guyver1

Guyver collections... the REVISIT!

Some you won't t pick up for under $100 dollars a piece, Im sure of that!

Just joined but figured I would post up my small collection.

IMG_20170918_180533 (1).jpg

IMG_20170328_222820 (1).jpg

IMG_20170328_220621.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Zaxxon55 said:

IMG_20170328_222820 (1).jpg

IMG_20170328_220621.jpg

Looking good dude!

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, Zaxxon55 said:

Now I absolutely must have the Laser Disk's and put them in frames. That just looks perfect.

19 hours ago, Matt Bellamy said:

Now I absolutely must have the Laser Disk's and put them in frames. That just looks perfect.

I actually just got more frames in yesterday to frame the 3 second season discs.  Just as an FYI, LD's are the exact same size as your standard Record LP, and there are some good options for framing/displaying those (See image).

These are the frames I use:
https://www.amazon.com/MCS-12-5x12-5-Gallery-Aluminum-65506/dp/B009ARXSXA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518819080&sr=8-4&keywords=record+frame+6+pack

IMG_20180211_141821.jpg

IMG_20180211_142649.jpg

• Like 5

So I got the regular Sanken gigantic and it did not come with a stand. Anyone have an extra stand they would want to sell by chance? Pm me if so. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

So I got the regular Sanken gigantic and it did not come with a stand. Anyone have an extra stand they would want to sell by chance? Pm me if so. Thanks!

The Gigantic didn't come with one which sucked.  So i ordered one off ebay for about $22 shipped.

3 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

Oh man I need to find one!

There's plenty of them on eBay.  Just search 1/6 figure stand. 

Posted (edited)

It took over 20 years, but better late than never right? I finally bought my first Guyver figure, and I told myself as soon as I had at least one figure I would finally call this the beginning of my Guyver collection.

The first thing I noticed about the figures the joints are very stiff so I've had to work them slowly until they were loose enough to pose the figure. Overall I really like it. Maybe love it. Except that there's a problem with its waist...

IMG_20180312_171708.jpg

Edited by Maze247365
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can't believe they put the waist on off center. All the other pictures of this figure I've seen are perfect. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Does the lower torso turn or is this glued solid? Thanks. 

IMG_20180312_225632.jpg

Edited by Maze247365

Is that the figma? I can't tell.
Here is my figma. he's pretty flexible. all the boys love him.

FnMTfY8.jpgIts8cHa.jpgeHYtwWn.jpg

Posted (edited)

Lol! No, it's the 1/10 figure. It bothers me because I'm a self-proclaimed perfectionist, and others around me agree to that, so yeah that makes me a perfectionist. But if I can't do anything about it I'm just going to keep it as is. Maybe in the future, when I have more money I can look at doing surgery on it without fear of breaking something very expensive. I still think I'd just be able to glue it back in place myself but I'd rather wait for professional advice.

Here's another pose I spent hours perfecting:

IMG_20180314_035817.jpg

Edited by Maze247365

I used to have one of those. it is a joint and you should be able to move it, but with those figures, I wouldn't chance it if it is stiff. on mine, the arm snapped pretty easily.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Tora Tan said:

I used to have one of those. it is a joint and you should be able to move it, but with those figures, I wouldn't chance it if it is stiff. on mine, the arm snapped pretty easily.

Oh so this figure IS perfect but it breaks easily, got it! Sorry to hear that but thank you for telling me. Maybe there's some kind of oil I can use that won't damage the figure to loosen it up. 

I found this photo on myfigurecollection.net where the waist is completely past the levitation orb. I was like damn, thank God that's not my figure lol.

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/50796&context[]=itemId%3A1801

Edited by Maze247365
  • Haha 1

Me thinks me shelf is too full now. Lol! I have lots of other stuff but need an upgrade before I can display it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Imakarum AND Balcus. Ohhh I'm jealous. 

By the way I noticed that Guyver II female is smaller than the 1/6 Guyver one. Is she 1/8 and there is no 1/6 version? And that makishima is 1/5 right? Such weird scaling.

Edited by Maze247365

Incredibly jealous of your collection.  I wish Max Factory got around to releasing a Guyver 0.  Guess I just gotta live with my old PVC garage kit from the 90s

Thanks guys! I think Guyver 2f is 1/6 scale as is the Guyver3. It took me a long time to collect all of this. I have more to do but need to chill on spending so I can get the Guyver1 statue in May. Balcus, Imakarum and the test tank were all recent xmas gifts. I wish they would do Guyver0 too! And maybe Arkanphel and a gigantic exceed. To scale with the Sanken ones so it would be real tall!

Posted (edited)

If I wanted Max Factory to make more 1/10(non scale) Guyver figures, should I buy the figma that are still in stock like Guyver 2 female or are there any 1/10 figures that they make from other series that I should buy to let them know I like things more in that scale?

Edited by Maze247365

On April 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM, guyverfan said:

@Guyver1 , i spoto a guyver1 with a puncture hole in his chest.

Indeed! I got it on eBay long ago. No box and I have not seen another thus far. He looks like he did after Enzyme bit off his arm and clawed his brain.