Sign in to follow this  
Polyonymous

Captain America 3 - Civil War

This is in production. I read that Robert Downey Jr. and Elizabeth Olsen will be in. Quite frankly, I'm excited. Seems very interesting. No trailer yet exists. 

The plot so far is this:

After the events of Avengers: Age of UltronCaptain America and Iron Man form polarizing factions based on their opinions to the world's governments passing an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity.

Than the caste is stated to be this:

• Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America:
  • A World War II veteran who was enhanced to the peak of human physicality by an experimental serum and frozen in suspended animation before waking up in the modern world.[2][3] According to Joe Russo, Captain America does not become a disillusioned antihero stating, “his morality is part of his superpower,â€[4] and adding, "...there’s an inspirational quality to his character. So it’s nice to have characters around him that he can inspire. Leadership is also a key component of his, and you can’t lead unless you have other characters around. But he’s also got an expanding universe — Winter Soldier, Agent 13, the Falcon — so there’s already a universe that’s expanding around him."[5]
  • Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
  • A self-described genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist with electromechanical suits of armor of his own invention.[6][7] On how the character evolves in the film over previous portrayals of the character, Downey said, "t’s natural to change your views. The main thing to me is... what sort of incident could occur and what sort of framework could we find Tony in? The clues are in [Avengers: Age of Ultron] about where we might find him next."[8] Marvel initially wanted Downey's part to be smaller, however "Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot." Variety noted that Downey would receive $40 million plus backend for his participation, as well as an additional payout if the film outperforms The Winter Soldier, as Marvel would feel the success of this film would be attributed to Downey.[9]
  • Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow:
  • A highly trained spy, formerly of S.H.I.E.L.D.[10] Describing her character's situation after the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, Johansson said, "I think that the Widow's past will always haunt her. She's trying to move forward, she's trying to pick up the pieces of her life. I think we'll see parts of that in Cap 3 when we find her. And certainly she has a greater purpose, and I think that greater purpose is charged by this need to escape her past. So, it's always kind of right there, kind of looming over her shoulders."[11]
  • Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier:
  • Steve Rogers' best friend, who has reemerged as an enhanced brainwashed assassin after being thought killed in action during World War II.[12][13][14] On how the character continues from Winter Soldier, Joe Russo said, the character in Winter Soldier "had the really specific job of basically, you know, being a killing machine and could Cap crack the veneer of that well formed Hydra killing machine? So what’s left to explore obviously is the personality of the character, much the way that [Ed] Brubaker’s run did after Winter Soldier regained a semblance of his past. Philosophical questions that we would want to deal with inCap 3 would be, you know, is he redeemable? Is he the worst assassin we’ve ever seen or is he the longest suffering P.O.W.? Where does he live now? Does he ever regain his memories? If he doesn’t regain his memories, can you call him Bucky Barnes or is he somebody new? So it’s a really fascinating character to play with. Very rich."[15]
  • Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon:
  • pararescueman trained by the military in aerial combat using a specially designed wing pack and a friend of Steve Rogers.[16] Discussing the relationship between Wilson and Rogers, Mackie said, "With Falcon and Cap, what's so great is there's a mutual respect. There's a soldier respect. What's great about... [Captain America: Civil War] is you get to see their relationship grow."[17]
  • Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow / Crossbones:
  • Former commander of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s counter-terrorism S.T.R.I.K.E. team, who was revealed to be an agent of Hydra. On returning to the character, Grillo said "He’s a badass. He is just vicious. I like the idea that it’s no holds barred. I was 15 pounds bigger when I did Cap 2, and I'll put another 15 pounds on to do Cap 3. I love the physicality. It changes the way you look; it changes the way you feel."[18]
  • Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa / Black Panther: The ruler of the African nation of Wakanda.[19][20] Boseman has a five picture deal with Marvel.[21]
  • Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye:
  • A master archer who previously worked as an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D. On how he and Hawkeye fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Renner said, "I’m happy to be the ensemble. I’m not scratching or clawing to do a solo movie by any means. I think [Hawkeye]’s a utility guy that can bounce around into other people’s universes a little bit, especially like Cap 3."[22][23]
  • Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch: A native of the Eastern European nation of Sokovia, who can weave spells and engage in hypnosis and telekinesis.[24]

Additionally, Daniel Brühl has been cast as Baron Helmut Zemo

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America:_Civil_War

I think this is a problem because civil war is supposed to include all of marvel characters and I don't think this can effectively take place in just a capta film.

capta is good, and I like his story in hte winter soldier, I just don';t think a marvel universal event can be effectively told in that format. 

• Like 1

Thing is, the tone would be radically different from the comic book version.

The Marvel comic universe involves thousands of costumed heroes and villains, many of whom have far-reaching super powers and they are a very real factor in every day life in that world (or they were, anyway... but let's not get started on current events). They also almost all have fairly involved background stories, often covering decades of real time.Registration was an immense social issue.

In the movie universe, this is simply not the case.

I have to wonder how the conflict will work.

"Regulating all superhuman activity" - how much is that? What superhuman activity there was so far was already pretty regulated. Captain America, Hawkeye, the Black Widow, the Falcon and War Machine are all US military or SHIELD; Iron Man is closely affiliated with both; and the Hulk, well, he simply can't be regulated, but he was at least contained somewhat. And it's not as if the Avengers - whose ranks contain pretty much all superhumans we have seen thus far - engage in illegal activities or oppose any governments.

How are they going to play this?

'Civil War' was one of Marvel's most successful, if not the most successful crossover event ever. In terms of impact, in any case.  Everything changed, for good; things never really were the same again.

The most impact had the rift between Captain America and Iron Man, which never healed, and has now come to a terrible head at the end of everything, now that 'Secret Wars' is here. Still... this is an entirely different medium... I shall be interested to see what they're going to do.

Edited by Salkafar

Had a thought, if Zemo's going to be in this, would it be possible that he'd be manipulating the conflict for his own ends?

Maybe they could introduce the Thunderbolts (in reality, the Masters of Evil posing as superheroes), and have it set up where they try to supplant the Avengers as the next great super-team, but there's a much darker motive happening.

Similar to how Age of Ultron played out, I think Civil war will be entirely different from the comics.  They just might be using the concept of Cap vs Iron Man in the movie.  They did say that Spiderman will play a pivotal role in this movie, though I don't think they've casted him yet.  And prior to Marvel announcing that they will be working with Sony regarding Spiderman, the Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) was intended to fill the role of Spidey.  We've already see things starting to move for both Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok in Age of Ultron.  It's going to be interesting to see how these movie will lead to Infinity war.  

You can already see the cracks starting in the Age of Ultron.  Well, actually, it started during the first Avengers movie.  Steve didn't exactly see eye to eye with Stark.  So it's not gonna be a surprise when the both of them beat the crap out of each other.

Here's still hoping for a Planet Hulk Movie.

Can Captain America hold his own against Iron Man?

That armor makes him super strong. Just wondering.

Edited by Jupiter Knight

Well, that's entirely dependent on who the writer is.  We've seen Iron Man kick the crap out of Cap, but we've also seen Cap kick the crap out of Iron Man.  Also depends on who plays dirtier.  For me, I'm a little bias since I'm a Cap fan, so I'm definitely rooting for Cap.

post-1438-0-14492700-1430845704_thumb.jp

Another look at the "Bleeding Edge" armor...

Well, that's entirely dependent on who the writer is.  We've seen Iron Man kick the crap out of Cap, but we've also seen Cap kick the crap out of Iron Man.  Also depends on who plays dirtier.  For me, I'm a little bias since I'm a Cap fan, so I'm definitely rooting for Cap.

Not to mention that Steve has a track record of holding his own against beings stronger than him...

• Like 1

I think this is a problem because civil war is supposed to include all of marvel characters and I don't think this can effectively take place in just a capta film.

capta is good, and I like his story in hte winter soldier, I just don';t think a marvel universal event can be effectively told in that format. 

I agree. I'm just wondering if half of the Marvel characters and heroes in this should even be called a Captain America title. I'm a bit confused. Don't get me wrong. I like Captain America. But if he and Iron Man and a bunch of heroes are going to be hammering it out. I wonder if could be named something else.   :shrugs:

Well, for me, I think that even though there would be a multitude of actors portraying counts of characters, the story and focus will center around Captain America.  In a sense, the producers want you to root for Captain America. :mrgreen:  Besides, if they are really going to follow the comics route, why not give Steve Rogers a break since this might be his last feature movie.  The funeral scene really worries me.

• Like 1

is the scarlet witch in it? she is freaking awesome!!

• Like 1

is the scarlet witch in it? she is freaking awesome!!

Yep. She's actually why I'm really wanting to see this. :D

• Like 1