Uber-Jason

Dragon Ball Super

181 posts in this topic

Ok so we have some info about the next arc.

Future Trunks is back!

Ch-6FdpUkAAEc0I.jpg

Dont worry about the hair colour it him. Bulma's hair was purple in the manga but changed to blue for the anime. Thats why Trunks has purple hair and will likely still have it in the anime. Toriyama seems to switch between hair colours when doing the art these days.

So I here you ask "Whys he back?"

Despite being so strong, Trunks barely escapes from the future with his life.

The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened!?

And what about this foe too strong even for Trunks to handle, Black Goku!? 

It’s the start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drags in the God of Destruction, Kaiōshin, even the Omni-King!

Edited by Prometheus Guyver

2 hours ago, Prometheus Guyver said:

And what about this foe too strong even for Trunks to handle, Black Goku!? 

Wut.

2 hours ago, Salkafar said:

LOL! I dont thinks it quite...haha...like that.

EDIT: Ok I was wrong here apparently it is literally Black Goku. Black is the Japanese pronunciation of the english word, interestingly Goku is spelt with different Kanji.

So basicly its......

H124tW_l.jpeg

Edited by Prometheus Guyver

Ok so here's are first look at Black Goku and hints about what is to come.

Black-Goku-Scan.jpg

1 person likes this

In the grim darkness of the future there is only destruction and an even darker shadow haunts this ravaged world.

Edited by Black Goku

A description of what something that happens next episode.

The greatest crisis that fell upon 17 years into the future! The new enemy that repeatedly slaughtered [people] and cornered Trunks saying "Today's the day I'll end your life, Saiyajin!" looks just like Goku!

Only 2 days to go YAY! Here;s the new trailer for the nest episode

Also here's are first full view are Black Goku!

Ckf_ZH3n_Wg_AADxgd.jpg

Ok ladies, gentleman and invertebrates today's the day. Since the live stream isent till 01:00 in the morning UK time I'll be staying up to watch it. You will get my report in the morning or when ever I wake up.

To tie you all over  watch this video at 2:54

Trunks-du-Futur-et-Black-Goku-Dragon-Bal

1 person likes this

Spoilers Ahead - You have been warned!

All I can say is that escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand. Episode 47 is bay far one of the darkest dragon ball episodes I have ever seen. 

Future is in ruins, in fact its possible that Trunk, Bulma and Mai are the only people left alive in this world. And then stuff like this happens!

Yea Black Goku has just brutally murdered Bulma! But wait the worst day in Trunks already depressing life is about to get even better!

So his mother and girlfriend are now dead in a world that has no dragon balls and Black Goku is looking to push the score to 3/0. 

All in all this was one of the best, also darkest and depressing episodes I have ever watched 10/10

Edited by Black Goku
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Salkafar said:

So what turned Goku into this?

Right now we have no idea, all we do know is that Black Goku has been rampaging across the earth for more then half a year killing everything in sight. He could be a clone, a fake, possessed, from another reality/timeline or an evil reincarnation.

There are some odd hints about him though, for example by the time he did all this he had only recently learned to scene ki.

However their is one possible suspect who could tell us more, a character who appeared in the new intro. A Supreme Kai.

Ri7SBM2.png?1

Interesting. Though we did have a evil Goku in Tree of Might. Technically not Goku though.

Ok so lets catch up.

So Trunks escapes from the future after fighting with Black Goku and managing to destract him long enough to get to the time machine.

He's not in great shap when he gets there and needs a senzu. Goku teleports Vageta, Beerus and Whis to see whats up.

After he wakes up the first thing Trunks see's is Goku face, thinking he is still in his own time he attacks but then Bulma slaps some sense into him.

Trunks learns that Goku is now alive and about Beerus who due to time travel being stricktly prohibited, even to gods, says he will destroy the mechine to stop any more inccidents  happening. Fortunalty Bulma offers him food to stop him.

Trunks then tells us about his time. He defeated Babadi and Debura befor they could summon Buu thanks to training with the Supreme Kai and can know use Super Saiyan 2.

Black Goku appiered some time ago stateing that he would destory all life in the name of justice. We also learn that he calls himself Son Goku, Black Goku is a nick name his mother came up with so as not insult the memory of her dead friend.

After this Goku and Trunks spar, Goku showing off SS3. Also Vegeta says he will be the one to kill this Kakarot

Black mean while is still looking for Trunks when suddenly a silver ring on his finger, the "Time Ring" activates opening a portal to the passed.

" Son Goku"

"And you must be Black"

Also it seems Black Goku cannot go Super Saiyan as during his fight with Trunks and the preview of his fight with Goku he never transforms even when Goku dose

Edited by Black Goku

I haven't been watching it, but judging by the above posts, I've got a little theory...

Now I'm not sure where Black Goku came from, but if he can't (or doesn't) go Super Saiyan, that might mean that whoever that new Supreme Kai is could have given this Goku the same treatment that Old Kai gave Gohan when he unlocked his hidden potential. Maybe something went wrong and unlocking his full potential also meant reversing the head injury he originally sustained as a child, and now he's in "kill all Earthlings" Saiyan mode. But then again, he also has the green earring, which could be a Potara earring... Perhaps there is a Black Vegeta still yet to be revealed, and they might fuse into evil Vegito, making them a HUGE threat.

I really should catch up haha

It's definitely getting interesting, that's for sure. And next week we'll get to see Goku fight Black. I take it Black Goku isn't a saiyan based on his mannerisms. He keeps calling Trunks one but it doesn't have any merit to him. He even knows about the saiyan race but says they were all a foolish bunch of people and whatnot. Although I am interested in the time ring on his finger, so he must have come from another dimension or timeline for it to be useful here. Also, I read the anime previews and around episode 53-54 his true identity is revealed. So we'll get a little more of an explanation about his character.

Black is learning. The more he learns the more dangerous he'll become. I believe Trunks mentioned that Black learned how to sense ki, and that's how he was able to trace him. This probably meant Black originally couldn't do this when he first appeared in Trunks's timeline. Maybe the reason Black doesn't go Super Saiyan is because he hasn't learned how to yet. I think one of the biggest clues to his identity is he's still learning. He's learning things that should've been second nature to him. All of this is just speculation of course. ;)

Now it's supposedly Black's mission to annihilate all humans for the God's. Or something...

This guy is somethin' else I tell ya. He comes off as a little bit crazy to me. And what's interesting even Beerus and Whis seem to know him from somewhere, or at least his Ki.

Ok so here are latest update.

While everyone is training Goku, Whis and Beerus go to universe 10. They do this because there is a being here who's ki is similer to Black Goku.

We go to the world of Supreme Kai's of Universe 10. The younger of the two is a green kai called Zamasu.

latest?cb=20160710004004

Interestingly Zamasu is not actually a Supreme Kai, he a normal kai (like King Kai) but his power is so great that he has been promoted and is being trained for a greater role. It is he that Beerus and Whis want to investigate.

Zamasu seems to be unhappy with the way things are run in the universe. Mortals constantly prosper then destroy themselves and he feels that maybe the kai's need to take a more active role, also due to the destructive nature of mortals (as he see's it) he questions if they are worth protecting and if they dangerous and need to be controlled. His master says that he should try to learn meditate and try to learn more from the mortal realms to help him better understand his role as a god.

When our gang arrives Beerus and Whis clam they are merely here to inspect the time rings as part of their investigation into a mortal that looks like Goku who has one. They say they are doing an inspection of all universes. In universe 10 all rings are accounted for.

Zamasu takes an instant dislike of Goku, wondering why he is with Beerus and finds his constant requests to fight irritating. During their talk Zamasu learns that Goku is a saiyan and Goku blurts out the full cosmic address of Earth.

Eventually Goku and Zamasu get permission to fight, Zamasu's master at first states that he should goeasy on the mortal but Beerus steps in saying he should go all out or he'd get killed. Goku goes SS2 and while Zamasu seems to have the upper hand at the start and holds is own its clear Goku is the superior of the too in the end. Goku goes to give Zamasu a hand to get up not noticing that Zamasu is preparing a sneak attack. Zamasu's master interrupts however.

Goku and company leave. Goku states that Zamasu's ki is similer to Black's but not exactly the same nor dose he sensee any evil from him. Mean while Zamasu's master hopes that this has been a good experience for the younger god, but while he pretends thats the case its clear that Zamasu's encounter with Goku has only heightened his distrust of mortals.

" I knew it, mortals are dangerous..." Could this be the birth of Black Goku!!!!

Also we may have a sneak peek at  a transformation for Black Goku. Super Saiyan Pink?!

CobQoV0UMAAD2RK.jpg

Edited by Batman of Zur-En-Arrh

I honestly was tired of watching DBZ when it ended in it's last season. A lot of it just seems over exaggerated and it became very repetitive during and after the Cell arc. Even so now as the series drags on, I've lost any motivation to watch it again. Same with a few other shows. I gave up early on with Dragonball GT as bad as it was.  

Edited by Howard

It looks good so far! It's too easy to rip apart anime,  worrying about  canon /non canon issues. As with superhero films, I try to just take it as it is and and not get too upset about how it should or shouldn't  be. This helps me enjoy things so much more these days.

2 people like this

I agree.

I used to love watching Yugioh (my favorite anime if you can't tell) on Saturday mornings. I grew up watching the dubbed version on Kids WB, since that was all I knew. Until a few years later (after the original series had ended), I found a site where I could download all of the original series, as well as the others that follow (GX, 5D's, ZEXAL, and Arc-V). Once I had collected every episode of every series Yugioh I began re-watching them all chronologically. I began to realize that the dubbed version was literally crap. It drenn all over the Yugioh I was now watching. I noticed every single detail I had not done before. Every aspect of the series which was supposed to be perfect in my eyes was now flawed. I found that so many of its original content had been removed from the dubbed version, and it pissed me off to no end. I thought why try and make this anime a kids anime. It was clearly made for adults there. How can you cover up a character's death, or cut out any blood loss from someone who is clearly fighting for his life. Aside from the dub verses sub differences, I also worried about canon/non canon differences. Being that the Yugioh series is an adaptation of the Yugioh manga.

While it may be a little more complicated with the Dragon Ball Z anime, I don't feel so much threated by it. I loved Dragon ball Z back in the day when I was growing up. I rushed how after school and eagerly waited for the next episode to air on Cartoon Network (Toonami), just to find out what was going to happen again. I remember how awesome it felt to watch growing up. The anticipation during the Android and Cell saga had me all too excited. And after the Buu saga ended the series ended, or so I thought... When GT started I thought it was kind of strange. Suddenly all of the characters in Z had grown up, or rather grown up again! It was the Shippuden version of DBZ (IMO). It wasn't terrible but it didn't have the same feeling as Dragon Ball Z. And with the appearance of SSJ4 it truly through everyone for a loop. Just how and why could he achieve this new form and how come Vegeta could too, without going into an SSJ3 first. Suddenly the return of Great Apes! Anyway, as off-beat as it was compared to 'Z' I never completely hated it. With that came the newest DBZ movie Battle of the Gods. I kept hearing so much about it and decided to finally watch it. Super Saiyan God, Gods of Destruction, and 12 Universes! Now the stage was set for a new series (Dragon Ball Super). Not sure which came first though (Super or Resurrection F), but once I heard a second new Dragon Ball Z movie had come out I instantly found and watched it. Let me be honest when I say this but the movies far exceed Super in special effects, quality animation, and overall character development.

I had heard the first two seasons of Super were just a remake of the latest movies (BOG and RF), but I still decided to watch it. A new Dragon ball anime had me a tad bit interested. After all of the events of the Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Although Super did things a little differently during some of these events it still ended up being a knock off of those two movies, regardless. What has kept me interested in Super (thus far) is the ever changing transformations (Saiyan to be to be specific). We have a Super Saiyan God and now a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, otherwise known as Super Saiyan Blue (SSJ Blue). With all of the upcoming news we have on Black, he will also be exhibiting a new transformation, which is called Super Saiyan Rose for those who are not already aware. I can't say I don't agree with you, Howard but I definitely gave it more of a chance than other anime in the past. One aspect I dislike immensely is the poor quality in Super. Some episodes are decent and remain consistent but others are absolutely terrible. Anyway, that's just my two cents. :)

1 person likes this

On 13/08/2016 at 10:18 PM, Gazham said:

It looks good so far! It's too easy to rip apart anime,  worrying about  canon /non canon issues. As with superhero films, I try to just take it as it is and and not get too upset about how it should or shouldn't  be. This helps me enjoy things so much more these days.

On 14/08/2016 at 2:18 AM, Edo Phoenix said:

I agree.

I used to love watching Yugioh (my favorite anime if you can't tell) on Saturday mornings. I grew up watching the dubbed version on Kids WB, since that was all I knew. Until a few years later (after the original series had ended), I found a site where I could download all of the original series, as well as the others that follow (GX, 5D's, ZEXAL, and Arc-V). Once I had collected every episode of every series Yugioh I began re-watching them all chronologically. I began to realize that the dubbed version was literally crap. It drenn all over the Yugioh I was now watching. I noticed every single detail I had not done before. Every aspect of the series which was supposed to be perfect in my eyes was now flawed. I found that so many of its original content had been removed from the dubbed version, and it pissed me off to no end. I thought why try and make this anime a kids anime. It was clearly made for adults there. How can you cover up a character's death, or cut out any blood loss from someone who is clearly fighting for his life. Aside from the dub verses sub differences, I also worried about canon/non canon differences. Being that the Yugioh series is an adaptation of the Yugioh manga.

While it may be a little more complicated with the Dragon Ball Z anime, I don't feel so much threated by it. I loved Dragon ball Z back in the day when I was growing up. I rushed how after school and eagerly waited for the next episode to air on Cartoon Network (Toonami), just to find out what was going to happen again. I remember how awesome it felt to watch growing up. The anticipation during the Android and Cell saga had me all too excited. And after the Buu saga ended the series ended, or so I thought... When GT started I thought it was kind of strange. Suddenly all of the characters in Z had grown up, or rather grown up again! It was the Shippuden version of DBZ (IMO). It wasn't terrible but it didn't have the same feeling as Dragon Ball Z. And with the appearance of SSJ4 it truly through everyone for a loop. Just how and why could he achieve this new form and how come Vegeta could too, without going into an SSJ3 first. Suddenly the return of Great Apes! Anyway, as off-beat as it was compared to 'Z' I never completely hated it. With that came the newest DBZ movie Battle of the Gods. I kept hearing so much about it and decided to finally watch it. Super Saiyan God, Gods of Destruction, and 12 Universes! Now the stage was set for a new series (Dragon Ball Super). Not sure which came first though (Super or Resurrection F), but once I heard a second new Dragon Ball Z movie had come out I instantly found and watched it. Let me be honest when I say this but the movies far exceed Super in special effects, quality animation, and overall character development.

I had heard the first two seasons of Super were just a remake of the latest movies (BOG and RF), but I still decided to watch it. A new Dragon ball anime had me a tad bit interested. After all of the events of the Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Although Super did things a little differently during some of these events it still ended up being a knock off of those two movies, regardless. What has kept me interested in Super (thus far) is the ever changing transformations (Saiyan to be to be specific). We have a Super Saiyan God and now a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, otherwise known as Super Saiyan Blue (SSJ Blue). With all of the upcoming news we have on Black, he will also be exhibiting a new transformation, which is called Super Saiyan Rose for those who are not already aware. I can't say I don't agree with you, Howard but I definitely gave it more of a chance than other anime in the past. One aspect I dislike immensely is the poor quality in Super. Some episodes are decent and remain consistent but others are absolutely terrible. Anyway, that's just my two cents. :)

1 person likes this

Black Goku - Super Saiyan Rose

g46mkyli926x___copy_by_tyrantking169-dae

1 person likes this