Uber-Jason

Dragon Ball Super

181 posts in this topic

I wonder if the whole series will be taking place before Battle of Gods? I really hope it will jump to a point after Resurrection of F.

According to what has been said, a bit of all 3. Aftermath of DBZ, BoG and seems to deal with RoF as well.

I hope it doesn't jump around too much.

Like maybe after an episode we get a "This is the part where you watch BoG. the next episode will continue afterwards."

From what I understand the movies are going to be re-writin into arcs for the anime So we'll have a Battle of Gods Arc, Resurrection F Arc and then we move onto the Universe 6 Arc.

Dont worry though the evens from the movies are not going to be cut an past.

I wonder if the whole series will be taking place before Battle of Gods? I really hope it will jump to a point after Resurrection of F.

According to what has been said, a bit of all 3. Aftermath of DBZ, BoG and seems to deal with RoF as well.

Like maybe after an episode we get a "This is the part where you watch BoG. the next episode will continue afterwards."

From what I understand the movies are going to be re-writin into arcs for the anime So we'll have a Battle of Gods Arc, Resurrection F Arc and then we move onto the Universe 6 Arc.

So will the films remain canon in their own right?

At this point  we really dont know. But my best guess is that they wont yet will. Think of them like the One Piece movies that have retold story arcs from the anime but in reverse. 

At this point  we really dont know. But my best guess is that they wont yet will. Think of them like the One Piece movies that have retold story arcs from the anime but in reverse. 

In your opinion do you think the new Super Saiyan forms will be canon, or do you think we will be stuck with the blond and red haired forms?

Going by the intro Super Saiyan God will be the same at least.

I see. For me the new forms are canon because I love them so much! They are a breath of fresh air! :)

I see. For me the new forms are canon because I love them so much! They are a breath of fresh air! :)

Well they are cannon in general because unlike GT, Super is an actual continuation of the series. 

This new series is great so far. And I love the opening, somehow I love it even more than the first DBZ's ^^;

I'm also watching the Battle of gods movie and reading the manga, trying not to spoil the TV series.

+ I started to watch the first TV series, never did it before (lol they destroyed the Moon even before DBZ roflmao roflmao roflmao ).

The opening is really good!

I dunno if it can top Cha-la and We Gotta Power but it sure is better than Dragon Soul.

I'm enjoying Super too, but am a little frustrated by how slow it's moving. It's silly to have this show follow the same plot as BoG, but take 10x as long to get through it. It's like the movie is Dragon Ball Super Kai. I can't wait for them to finish the BoG arc and get onto some new content and reveal who that fat Beerus guy is

At least they are adding more character development to the series, my only gripe is that Goku (which was a negative point for me in battle of gods as well ) seemed out of character when fighting Beerus, too cocky and overconfident which is not something I remember him do, he never overestimated his opponent and even at the start of the series he was preparing to fight stronger opponents. the pace is nothing new, it is traditional Dragon Ball filler, I just hope non-saiyan characters don't get left in the dust and at least get to fight God level opponents on their own, specially Piccolo (my favorite character btw) but it may not get my wish, based on the intro and start of the series i think they will make Goten the focus of sorts like they did Gohan and see him grow up and surpass his father, until they decided that they want to continue milking Goku and give him another power up. lol

I agree with people seeming out of character - this is a big thing in general for DBZ movies, and so the fact that this series is now based on a movie its permeated its way to TV. I agree with you about Goku, but I think Vegeta was the biggest culprit of this. They seem to have omitted the dance from the tv series but he's still been really goofy.

Ok Spoilers ahead!

Ok backstory, Champa and Vados are from Universe 6. Their are 12 universe in DB, 7 & 6 are twin universe, so similar but different. Champa is Beerus's twin brother and Vados is Whis's big sister.

In order to stop the brothers from destroying universes when they squabble it was decided that they would instead challenge each other with food, who ever found the nicest would win. Beerus won this time because of food from Earth, Champa likes it but isn't happy. He asks if they have an earth in their universe but it was destroyed during a war. Champa challenges Beerus to a fight, if he wins they switch earths, if he looses Beerus can have the super dragon ball he's collected, dragon balls the size of moon's or small planets!

However they aren't going to fight themselves, instead they must pick the five strongest fighters from their universe to face each other in a tournament. Beerus has Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Buu (Gohan wasn't picked because he hasn't been training). Beerus says he will choose the 5th fighter. He will be the strongest guy he has ever fought, and its not Whis! This guy is said to be so powerful that when he bares his fangs he can give Beerus trouble. And this person looks like this!

hPOXsHN.png

And these are the fighters from Universe 6!

720.jpg

Edited by Prometheus Guyver

What does the Advocacy currently think of Dragon Ball Super? Anything you particularly like, or dislike about it? 

What does the Advocacy currently think of Dragon Ball Super? Anything you particularly like, or dislike about it? 

Honestly I like it.  Its not perfect but it has been fun. I think it will pick up after the retelling stuff.

I didnt mind the retell arcs but they seem to be rushing these last few episodes to get to the Champa Saga and its hurting the current F arc.

I think the best thing so far has been it character iteration and the characters themselves. The down fall has been the some what lack luster fights since the Beerus Saga but thats because they've been rushing.

Ok ladies and gentleman the Universe 7 vs Universe 6 Tournament will  soon be upon us. Allow me to introduce the teams

Team Universe 7

Team Managers: Beerus - The God of Destruction of Universe 7

Dragon-Ball-Z-Fukkatsu-no-F-11.jpg

The Fighters

1) Son Goku 

son_goku_super_saiyan_god_super_saiyan_b

2) Prince Vegeta

true_super_saiyan_god_vegeta__fukkatsu_n

3) Majin Buu

20150804053406254.jpg

4) Piccolo 

Render+Dragon+Ball+Picolo.png

5) Monaka - The Strongest Person Beerus has ever fought!

monaka.png

Team Universe 6

Team Managers: Champa - The God of Destruction from Universe 6

champa_dbs_s2_by_cdzdbzgoku-d9c095r.jpg

The Fighters

1) Hit

hit.png

2) Kyabe

kyabe.png

3) Frost

frost.png

4) Botamo

botamo.png

5) Magetta

magetta.png

Place your bets, I'll be cheering for Team Universe 6 myself.

Frost?

As far as we know he is a member of Frieza's race from universe 6 and Kyabe is a saiyan.

Their are 12 universe in the db multiverse and they come in pairs. Every two who numbers make 13, so 7 and 6 are twin reality so they have saiyan and the like but their are also a lot of differences such as all of 6's humans were whipped out by a war on earth.

Ok so these are Super Dragon Balls AKA Wish Granting Planets 

maxresdefault.jpg

Know I bet your wondering what kind of dragon would come from them?

5182789-zarama+gif.gif

Yes those are galaxies.

The manifestation appears larger than Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. ....That makes it the second- or third-largest manifested being in fiction I am aware of.

1 person likes this

Still skeptical about the series, but I'm now excited about the idea of more universes. The door has been opened for all new adventures with all new worlds! I'd really like to see some Dragon Ball spin-offs that could explore new worlds and characters. I would really like to see Cabba in action and how he'll deal with Frost now that he's been exposed. I may also be in the minority on this, but I'd love to see more Super Saiyan forms that aren't just different hair colors.