Sign in to follow this  
Guyver1

Guyver 1's Creating an independent comic blog of happy fun times

So here I sit. I am so close to completing the newest issue of my comic, The Maniacal Smile. Issue 7 to be exact. My publisher has given me a hard deadline for completion of the art on this issue. The book is 22 pages per issue. I handle all of the pencils and inks. I am on page 19 inks now with the rest of the book already penciled. For the first time, I have a colorist to aid in the effort to complete this. I usually did all of the art from pencils, inks and colors on the book. With 03/15 rapidly approaching I am stressed, excited and exhausted with all of the work. Not only will this be a new issue of Smiley, but it will complete our 2nd trade paperback of the series. It is a total labor of love and very gratifying to see your own creation continue to baby step towards greatness. We have a very loyal fanbase that allows us to keep this going.

Anyone else here do their own book or project?

i'm making a video game.

what is your comic book? do you have a website?

Hello Yuki,

There is a site for it, it is www.fiercecomics.com the book I do is called The Maniacal Smile. It's been in print as a comic, we made a board game, card game, shirts and all kinds of stuff for it. I would love to hear what you think of it!

oh yeah i saw that picture before!

it's pretty impressive what you've done.

Hello Guyver1!

Anyone else here do their own book or project?

I have a comic named Crescent (МеÑÑц). Mainly it's nonsense and poor drawn, made for lols. Started in 2008 and now have only 3 chapters + special crossover chapter Crescent VS Naburo. Yet to be translated to English.

crescent-manga.deviantart.com

025_by_crescent_manga-d6mjk29.jpg 022_by_crescent_manga-d6mjjw8.jpg 018___san_francisco_nuked_by_crescent_by 007_by_crescent_manga-d6miege.jpg 031_by_crescent_manga-d6mjkls.jpg 032_by_crescent_manga-d6mjkql.jpg

dolan.gifdolan.gifdolan.gif

That's cool Cannibal! I've been working on Smiley since 1997. I created it in high school and been doing it since.

Issue 7 inks are completed. I have begun coloring the pages the colorist has not been able to complete. 7 pages left for colors due by 03/15 and then this issue is in the can and we are good to go to the next arc of the storyline... it's called the Ben-A.N.A. Republic. Smiley's city of Utopia gets taken over by Ben the psycho monkey. This arc will run 4 issues (8-11) and will be in trade paperback form in 2016. Lots to do!!

Issue 7 is now complete! Well, the art is anyways. Now it's with the letterer and editor for finalization. Issue 7 of The Maniacal Smile will debut in April at Megacon 2015! Should anyone attend, come see us at the Fierce Comics booth and nerd out!!

Exciting is the editing process! Last evening's edit call for the lettering took about 3 and a half hours... about 121 changes. Some small some pretty big, LOL! The book is in the final stages of completion!!

Round 2 of lettering edits complete! Only an hour and a half call for that tonight. One last round of reviews after edits are done and then it's off to the printer! Another issue in the can and the 2nd trade paperback is done as well. Movin' on uuuuuppp!!

Final lettering edits are complete! Files for issue 7 and the 2nd trade have been sent to the printer. Both will be out in April! Also attended a small convention this past weekend, gained lots of new readers, met some peeps and did a small panel discussion with the publisher to answer questions on how to get into comics. Overall, feeling great! Less than 3 weeks to the biggest con in FL, Megacon, and about to begin work on the next issue.