Sign in to follow this  
odin

16th Rider Series - Kamen Rider Drive

yea, there is some few information regarding the new rider series already confirmed as Kamen Rider Drive, as the name suggest his theme is cars which I honestly don't mind since it is a rider. This new hero will transform via 2 devices the drive driver (redundant I know) and the shift brace which works like the Toqgers Toqchanger but instead of trains it is a mini car, here are the first images with the belt (which I like a lot) and his main transportation a red car called Tridon which can change form with the shift brace, these forms are called Tridon type speed, Midnight Shadow and Midnight shadow tire. what are your thoughts folks? will upload the suit design once it is revealed all I know it is that the color may be red this time. Images from Jefusion.

post-1411-0-42070400-1406259828_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-58686800-1406259837_thumb.jp

• Like 1

cars? this is highly unusual since kamen rider is all about motorcycles! :/

even denliner has a bike inside it!

well they do like to play don't they?

no comment on the image of the car....

the belt looks very interesting though! I like the contours on it, reminds me of kiva a little.

also, the belt actually looks to me a bit like a motorbike dashboard.

if the belt is any indication, the suit could be quite a cool design.

I think the car looks cool (not that i'm 'into' cars in anyway at all), a bit speed racer. is it??

maybe a bike will eject from the middle or something??

I hope the rider driver belt things are where the similarities to Toqgers end...

I think the car looks cool (not that i'm 'into' cars in anyway at all), a bit speed racer. is it??

maybe a bike will eject from the middle or something??

I hope the rider driver belt things are where the similarities to Toqgers end...

Bike ejects from the car!

SPYHUNTER!!!!

slte.gif

well Yuki, there is still the possibility of having of this rider to have a bike but I'm not bothered by the car, it would not be the first time a rider has one tho, to my understanding Black RX had one as well if I'm not mistaken, I really hope his suit looks good but at the same time i don't cause if wizard has taught me anything is that a Good design does not guarantee a good series. :P .....Ok, i'll leave my disappointment of wizard aside for a while...

I honestly didn't think wizard's design was good. to me, it looked cheap and tacky.

here are 2 pictures of KR Drive's costume, one blurry live action shot and one of his toy, once a more high quality pic surfaces i will post but so far it looks good, not sure about the helmet yet.

post-1411-0-59131700-1408249837_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-83222600-1408249847_thumb.jp

Fairly good news. I don't hate it on first glance and that is promising. I thought his head looked odd too. not sure if it looks like a regular helmet visor where the eyes are... if that is true, I'm not sure how I feel about that. Eyes need to be special. You just can't see much in the way of detail on toys though so we would have to hope his eyes are special. in the photo it looks like they are black, so there is a contradiction there. Who knows, maybe those black eyes turn silver, it might be quite a cool effect?

In any case, the armour looks solid, It's not offensive and could be a decent and robust design.

hmm... I have to add, in that live action shot, he looks somewhat like that dekaranger guy. the one played by the dog man.

another image at Drive's costume, still a bit blurry but you can also see the logo below gaim, I think I'm starting to like the design, here is hoping it can keep the momentum that Gaim has been building.

post-1411-0-99454600-1408842030_thumb.jp

yeah, it is a sound design.

it looks better if I just look at the thumbnail.

the face is reminiscent of Kaixa.

I will be eager to watch this series. I hope they give it a good atmosphere and story.

WOOH! Been A long ass time since I visited this place but I was looking for some info on the new Kamen rider show since I couldn't find anything at first, after several digs on google I finally got a link that brought me here. So anyway I thought I'd give my two cents on the subject, I definitely like the colour scheme and design of the armour there and how it lends itself to looking like a guy wearing some heavy armour rather than some kind of spandex suit which is a problem i have with lots of kamen rider series *cough* decade *cough* . But yeah after keeping up with Gaim all throughout I am enthusiastic about the new season and will definitely be looking to get into it. Man, its good to post on here again. Its been too damn long!

• Like 1

well, clear scans have finally surfaced so enjoy them, now that I have a clear image of his helmet I can finally say I really like the design, what are your thoughts?

these images are of his car, some profile shots of his suit, the cars he uses to change battle form as well as an image of one of the monsters called roimude that will be in the show, they will transform or evolve in a similar way to KR drive but they use something called viral cores, basically evil miniature cars that will let them do this.

post-1411-0-01824300-1409200724_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-53070200-1409200740_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-55675100-1409200753_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-21852200-1409200819_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-44497100-1409200846_thumb.jp

post-1411-0-25059500-1409200867_thumb.jp

cool. looks like he might be part of a special police unit then?

not too sold on the miniature car henshin thing

the design looks ok... not sure about him wearing a tyre though?? :lol:

Edited by Aether

okay i didn't notice the tyre until Aether pointed it out. What purpose does it serve to have a tyre around your chest plate. Doesn't that just seem like it would inhibit movement? Although in one of the pictures the tyre seems to have changed to a blue spiked version so I suppose that means its what differentiates between whatever forms he has and acts as some form of shield/weapon? The second pictures seem to be showing his Henshin poses which are okay for the most part but why do his legs have to be so far apart for it? Am I just over-reacting here or do we have to clear a view of the guys crotch in that second picture? I guess I can get used to the fact that this Kamen Rider is car themed and hence probably won't have a motorcycle. I can live with that part. The helmet is still the coolest part for me. I see the mouthpiece bit there in the first picture. It actually reminds me a lot of the Guyver air releasers as like a muzzle sort of vibe to it. Anyone else notice that or is it just me?

Edit: I just now noticed upon second glance that there is a spoiler on his helmet. How wacky is that!

Edited by DarkGUYVERfan

do you mean, the details of his crotch? ^^; I can't really tell, but I do get the impression from his pose that he is a very forceful person.

• Like 1

Life's hitting me a bit hard just now so I'll just say, I like how his eyes light up. :)

• Like 1

I know im being  a bit petty here but  ''this MAN is a detective and Kamen Rider!...'' ???,  dude looks about 16!! 18 at most - just cause he's tall doesn't make him look old!!

I really liked W, so yeah hopefully this will have some of that essence with the crimes to investigate..

I'm hoping for more Foundation X, and I'm wondering if the asymmetrical design of his car goes towards it's functionality.

Edited by LordSpleach

I know im being  a bit petty here but  ''this MAN is a detective and Kamen Rider!...'' ???,  dude looks about 16!! 18 at most - just cause he's tall doesn't make him look old!!

I really liked W, so yeah hopefully this will have some of that essence with the crimes to investigate..

to be fair the clip says "kono otoko ha..." .

'man' is implied as it really just says 'this male'.

haha you and youre knowledge of Japanese language!

well I did say I was being petty :)    still, he does appear a bit young to be anything other than at college!

anyway all that aside, from what you guys have said about Gaim being good do you think this could be as good? are they back on track after wizard? or do you think it might be a step backwards like the train Sentai series after kyouryuger?

There's really no way to tell.

I mean... well we can have a good idea if we know the writer or director are the same.

I don't currently have access to that information.

Don't have time to check wikipedia at the moment.

well Drive has gone to a good start so far, it has it's comedy but it does not stray away from the serious nature of the enemies threat which seems like it takes inspiration from Kabuto, also this Kamen Rider series is basically Kamen Rider meets Knight Rider which is not a bad concept, giving the Rider a more interesting relationship with his vehicle/belt and it looks like they are expanding on the detective thing which I hope they do since I think KR W could have used a bit more, anyways the series seems promising, here is hoping it maintains it's good pace.

I really love that belt, how it talks and has a little smiley face ^_^

• Like 1