Sign in to follow this  
TheAptomStrain

Strain's Brain

This is my first time typing any blog of some sort. I don't have any social networks as I prefer to actually go out and live life. My first attempt at blogging starts now

I can't believe what the forum has become. First off with buying the books to get the scans. Guyver is an extremely underground manga and we should be stoked that anybody is reading it. This is seriously the smallest forum in existence. And we shouldn't be charging $22 for a book that cost $7 in Japan. Also, I feel like I'm the only one who's pissed off that fact that almost every post is a back and forth between largest planet and the guy obsessed with Shizu and they don't even acknowledge anybody else. And all they do is agree and like everything they post. Kind of a stupid way to get rep. That's what personal messenger is for. They talk to nobody else yet they keep upping their post count just to say things that could have been a private message. And what the hell is this obsession with Shizu? It's one thing to like a character, but everything he says links back to her. No matter what topic. We could have a thread about favorite colors and he'd probably post Shizu's favorite color is in his fan fic. I guess I'm just disappointed with this board. I miss the old days when everyone talked about Kamen Rider W and the latest Guyver chapter that anybody got to read. All honesty I just don't trust anything said by anybody who wasn't reading Guyver Advocacy after 2008. I just miss having actual conversations with people who have been around for a while. Where the hell is the Tinned Meat section?!? That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more stuff to complain about in the future.

Guest Sage Vale

be cool.

Edited by Sage Vale

I have to say, care is required on making personal comments.

Your blog is your own, but if you disrespect somebody or insult them then we have to take that into account.

I think your post is quite bold but it hints at something other members may be feeling so I think anyone reading this ought to think carefully abut how people are viewed.

I hope any tension that might exist around here can be reduced with some careful understanding and some patience.

To directly address teh cost of teh manga, we would really like to be able to affix a $7 price tag to it but that would put us in serious debt. we are not running a charity, nor are we a conglomerate book store able to order thousands of copies from wholesalers to allay costs.

we do the best we can and we provide a means to buy the book from your own retailer and access the scanlations.

I don't know where a lot of the old members are. I'm afraid I can't answer about that. I think the discussion you miss about kamen rider, this has reduced because kamen rider has suffered in its quality.