Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest_00000

What happens than? : Guyver- The Finish Line

Guest Jupiter-Prime

I have had this question for a very long time ever since Yuki mentioned that the series was getting to a finishing point. I don't know if Yuki knows or if any of the staff or the GA (Guyver Advocacy) members know. But I have become very curious. Perhaps the members and staff,Have already discussed the future issue.

What happens when the final issues of Guyver is released and Yoskiki is finished with his life's work? What happens to Guyver Advocacy when they have finished translating it and there isn't going to be that 'Next chapter' or that 'Next issue." What happens than?
Will there be less people on the Guyverboard after the manga is complete?
Will Guyver Advocacy find another Japanese based no English based Manga to translate or move onto new projects?

Has the "What If" been explored or the a future plan been put in place.
I'm just wondering what effects this will have on the forum once its completed.
I think maybe things will stay the same, or there will be a decrease in members. I was told by someone, another member... on here that some forums and movies go dry after they've been completed or reached their finish line.

Will we see a complete Guyver anime with mulitiple seasons after the manga has reached its long awaited finish line?

So I'm just wondering if something like this would apply to Guyver fans on the net. Would we see a reduce of activity in all forums based on Guyver?
Sometimes I know that people don't talk about what they already know about. So there's that among fans.
Thus...What Happens Than?

• Like 1

I have had this question for a very long time ever since Yuki mentioned that the series was getting to a finishing point. I don't know if Yuki knows or if any of the staff or the GA (Guyver Advocacy) members know. But I have become very curious. Perhaps the members and staff,Have already discussed the future issue.

What happens when the final issues of Guyver is released and Yoskiki is finished with his life's work? What happens to Guyver Advocacy when they have finished translating it and there isn't going to be that 'Next chapter' or that 'Next issue." What happens than?

Will there be less people on the Guyverboard after the manga is complete?

Will Guyver Advocacy find another Japanese based no English based Manga to translate or move onto new projects?

Has the "What If" been explored or the a future plan been put in place.

I'm just wondering what effects this will have on the forum once its completed.

I think maybe things will stay the same, or there will be a decrease in members. I was told by someone, another member... on here that some forums and movies go dry after they've been completed or reached their finish line.

So I'm just wondering if something like this would apply to Guyver fans on the net. Would we see a reduce of activity in all forums based on Guyver?

Sometimes I know that people don't talk about what they already know about. So there's that among fans.

Thus...What Happens Than?

Thats something only time will tell my friend. Theres no way of telling how it could affect the forum or how people are going to act when the final lap is finished. All I can say is how I think I'll feel when we get there.

Guyver was the anime for me, I remeber clearly even know unrapping the VHS of Guyver OVA 3 and watching it for the first time. Its what got me into anime and it also shaped my taste in anime. Through Guyver I also found some of my other favoret anime, there where trailers for both Devilman and Mermaid's Forest on OVA 3 and both are in my top 10 anime list. The OVAs where the perfect fuel for my young self, I loved the how much detail was in them. I also had Mutronics on tape and I even remember going all fanboy after seeing a trailer for Dark Hero.  As I grew up I kind of forgot about Guyver or atleast it didnt cross my mind much pokemon and dragon ball z where starting up so like most my age I really got into them, although Guyver always had a speacial place in my heart. I wasent untill 2005 when I really started getting back into Guyver, I watched it from time to time but it was like an old beloved book that you take down to read every now and then and I never knew about the Viz translastions until maybe 2009. I just on an impulse started looking Guyver and found info about a new Guyver series,  I was so pleased. The big momment was when I found a pic Guyot's battle form. I didn't know it was Guyot but when I saw the word "Zoalord" next to it I WAS HYPED. Like I said, never even heard of the manga so It was my first time seeing a true zoalord. Then Funimastion started realiesing the dvds and it was like being a kid again only now there was new stuff I had never seen befor. After that In 2009  I found out about the manga, got the viz transations and tracked down what I could online which lead me here in novermber 2013 the day before my birthday.

When Guyver - The Bio Boosted Armour does end I think I'll feel sad funnily enough. Its been a big part of my life, its jumped in and out like an old friend yet its also been a personal challenge. There was always something new to learn about it, some tite-bit of info to uncover. Its funny to look back and realiseing how little I actualy knew about the series until reasently. Hell finding this site was like striking a vaine of gold for me. I dont think Guyver will be like Devilman, Fist of the North Star or DBZ, theres not going to be tons of spine offs (although I would like just one complete series) which will be a shame, its will likley just well ...... end. Once the series is over I think I'll really miss it. I think this best sumes up how I feel.

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.†― Ernest Hemingway

Edited by Waferdanos

thinking about what will happen when guyver is over is an excellent way to breed anxiety.

it's up there along with the likes of "what will happen when my significant other dies/ leaves me?"

These are the kind of questions that do not serve us.

as creatures of incredible intellect and adaptability, we are able to meet most situations with a constructive attitude if we so choose.

I do not know what my life situation will be like when that time comes. I will do something, I do not know what, but it will be just as awesome as this. for me at least.

I don't know if the other members will also appreciate it. but who knows, it's in the future. we might all be dead from (insert chosen apocalypse here)

• Like 2

Well I've said what I may feel but what I'll do even I dont know but as they say I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Edited by Waferdanos

Guest Jupiter-Prime

Yeah, I used to be obsessed with Guyver. I've always wondered when it would be over or how it would end. Perhaps we'll know in the next decade.

• Like 1

Yeah, I used to be obsessed with Guyver. I've always wondered when it would be over or how it would end. Perhaps we'll know in the next decade.

Well the intresting think with Guyver is that it never stays the same. Guyver as it is now is so much bigger and expansive then the Guyver I new as a kid and it just keeps growing and changing. But ever since Apollion appried I constanly have this feeling that theres a big storm coming......and it heading streat for earth.

Edited by Waferdanos

well I do look forward to the end of the series because I just want to know where the heck Takaya is going now , as to me he veered off from what people may have expected it to go about 8 books ago....and simply because its taking so friggin long to get any where at the moment ( cough, more pages per month please, cough, cough)...

and mentioning that I think weve got a good 5 - 10 years left anyway, unless Takaya pulls the '...'and sho wpoke up and it was all a dream'' card all of a sudden before anything is resoloved....

my guess is that if / when the series finisahes we will hopefully be blessed with more OVA's or another TV series to complete or continue the story.... even something like the Rebuilds of Evangelion would be cool to tell a concise version of the story in a few films...I think something like this will bee more likely to happen after the manga is finished because I get the feeling that Takaya was very much involved with the TV series and that is why we haven't got any more ( apart from maybe Japanese anime politics) because hes to busy drawing and doesn't want to commit to working on anything else at the same time, so when he has finished the manga he may commit to something like that.

whatever happens fingers crossed that he and we get to finish the story. :)  as for what we all do after that like Yuki said who knows ?... as Bob Marley said - only time will tell

Edited by Aether

Guest Jupiter-Prime

well I do look forward to the end of the series because I just want to know where the heck Takaya is going now , as to me he veered off from what people may have expected it to go about 8 books ago....and simply because its taking so friggin long to get any where at the moment ( cough, more pages per month please, cough, cough)...

and mentioning that I think weve got a good 5 - 10 years left anyway, unless Takaya pulls the '...'and sho wpoke up and it was all a dream'' card all of a sudden before anything is resoloved....

my guess is that if / when the series finisahes we will hopefully be blessed with more OVA's or another TV series to complete or continue the story.... even something like the Rebuilds of Evangelion would be cool to tell a concise version of the story in a few films...I think something like this will bee more likely to happen after the manga is finished because I get the feeling that Takaya was very much involved with the TV series and that is why we haven't got any more ( apart from maybe Japanese anime politics) because hes to busy drawing and doesn't want to commit to working on anything else at the same time, so when he has finished the manga he may commit to something like that.

whatever happens fingers crossed that he and we get to finish the story. :)  as for what we all do after that like Yuki said who knows ?... as Bob Marley said - only time will tell

He may just finish the manga but I doubt any production will touch what he's done for a while , he's only 54 years old so there's time. I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see a second season of Guyver:Bioboosted Armor. We would have gotten to see Imakarum Mirabilis, Dark Gigantic...not to mention get to see some sparks and some anger between Sho and Agito because in the second season Agito would have turned on Sho because of the Gigantics power. So we would have seen a lot of cool things. However thats not the case and its too late for them to do a second season. Who would want to see a second season after the show stopped in 2005-2006.

If they make a new Guyver:Bioboosted Armor. It'll be Season One all over again. But what Guyver fans want, is to get to see further past the events of season one. I wan't to see more in the anime after Neo Zxtole dies and we get to see Sho with the Gigantic more. But its too late now. The next production would want to start fresh. So theres that.

He may just finish the manga but I doubt any production will touch what he's done for a while , he's only 54 years old so there's time. I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see a second season ......

its too late for them to do a second season. Who would want to see a second season after the show stopped in 2005-2006.

If they make a new Guyver:Bioboosted Armor. It'll be Season One all over again. .....next production would want to start fresh. So theres that.

I wouldn't be so sure about that for the reasons I stated above ...

who wants to see a second season after 9 years? people like us!!!!!!!!!!!! its never too late!...

all I would say to another season 1 is no thanks. if they were to do anything it may be OVA's that way they don't have to start a fresh to get a new audience and can continue the story, and then im sure Takaya would be on board to supervise.

Edited by Aether
  • Like 2

He may just finish the manga but I doubt any production will touch what he's done for a while , he's only 54 years old so there's time. I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see a second season ......

its too late for them to do a second season. Who would want to see a second season after the show stopped in 2005-2006.

If they make a new Guyver:Bioboosted Armor. It'll be Season One all over again. .....next production would want to start fresh. So theres that.

who wants to see a second season after 9 years? people like us!!!!!!!!!!!! its never too late!...

all I would say to another season 1 is no thanks. if they were to do anything it may be OVA's that way they don't have to start a fresh to get a new audience and can continue the story, and then im sure Takaya would be on board to supervise.

So kind of like Hellsing Ultimate only much longer.

I already know what I'll be doing--thinking about what could've happened if this happened.  And maybe writing fan fic.  When the Twilight Saga ended, there were so many loose ends in my mind that I decided that, in my fantasies, this is how things could work out. 

Of course, with Guyver, the problem is the opposite--we don't know when it'll end.  So I went off into speculative fantasizing, and asked questions like "how can Shizu be made immortal?", "what would happen if zoaforms met up with other characters from fiction I like?", and so on.

That's why I'm writing my fan fic, to try and tie up the loose ends the way I'd like for them to be tied off. 

With that stuff, we can kinda let our imagination run wild with the possibilities.

Guest Jupiter

I'd really like to see a second season. But its always season one all over again. The 80's version portrayed season one, Guyver-out of control portrayed season, And the 2005 version portrayed season one. It just seems like a recurring cycle.

But I agree with you and Waferdanos. I'm just veiwing at is "too late" from a production's point of view. I'd say no to another season one as well. It just seems we all cant get past season one. We're stuck with Sho versus Richard and Relics point every single time.

• Like 1

ha ha yeah its like a bad (but good) reoccurring dream!!..

but hopefully this time around I think that would give us a possibilty of a continuation in anime, the fact that there  is all that material previously puts it in good stead to be continued  to cater for the established fans of the past 10, 20  or 29 years..

ah.........

30 years next year then, that could bode well for some kind of celebratory release of... well something, anything would do. the new max factory figma or old BFC line continued or some more anime?....... well maybe im dreaming ,but we can always live in hope.

Guest Jupiter

I have no idea why a second season was not made. I cannot find a source. The first season got excellent reviews. However there aren't any reasons saying why it wasn't continued. The production in Japan, Kadokawa Shoten and ADV only decided to do one season which covered chapters 1-59....which is almost half the manga series, Other than that, there are no reasons stated that they ever planned to renew it for a second season. I really wish I knew why. There's nothing saying it was cancelled and there isn't anything saying why it wasn't renewed. So its all a mystery to me and it doesn't make any sense.

more like a third of the series.  it was halfway through volume 10. we now have 30 volumes.

basic data -

1986 - out of control - mostly vol 1.  - 1 'episode'

~1990 - 12 part OVA - up to about vol 4. - 12 episodes

2005 - tv series - up to halfway through vol 10. - 26 episodes

weighting

how much the intro takes up  -

1986 - 16/50 mins. (excluding credits) - 32%

1990 - 1/12 eps. - 8%

2005 - 1/25 eps  - 4%

how much cronos japan takes up -

1986 - 1/1 eps  - 100%

1990 - 6/12 eps - 50%

2005 - 8/26 eps - 30%

unfortuantely, in terms of time dedicate to each bit though, every progressive work actually dedicates the same or more time to each part on average.in

the tv series enzyme came in ep 6 versus ep 5.

in tv series approx 4 hours is dedicated to cronos japan as opposed to approx 3 hours in 12 part ova and 50 mins in out of control.

who knows if they might follow that progression. My reckoning is that they will break the (albeit loose) mould and take their lead from other franchise that have had more than one iteration. like man of steel for example. they didn't give an intro story in the traditional sense, instead they showed the prologue, then showed the rest of his intro story via flashbacks.

sorry, this thread is not about a future guyver anime is it?

If people want to talk about it more, perhaps I'll split the thread.

Guest Jupiter

sorry, this thread is not about a future guyver anime is it?

If people want to talk about it more, perhaps I'll split the thread.

Yes, my question also explores the possibility of a complete guyver anime with multiple seasons. The manga being complete also ups the possibility of a complete release of an anime.

As an idea to just throw out there of whats coming our way. At the momment we have no idea why the creators are comming back to earth (If thats whats happening) but what if Apollion isnt here to weaken earths force but to deastroy the weak links in th chain. If the creators wanted to to destroy their failed exeperament the first think Apollion would have done was target the guyvers, they are far more powerful then they where befor and if someone like Alkanphel had the power of Gigantic Exeed he would be unstoppable to stop so they would have been the first on the hit list.

What is the creators war was still going on all this time and what if their on the verge of looseing? Are they coming back because they are now so desperate that they would turn to the failed weapons they abandoned so long ago? Maybe Apollion is hunting the zoalords and their crystals because they are to weak for the fight thats ahead and they need make zoalords as they were ment to be. He could be helping Alkanphel because he needs to servive long enough for the creators to arrive and heal the damage they did to him. And hes leaving the guyvers alone because even their out of control power is desperately needed to fight the dark force that is hunting our creators.

It would be the most ironic thing ever if Sho and Agito became the very thing they feared and fourt so hard to prevent from being born........a Guyver Zoalord.

tumblr_n3cv0pRBy81s81xnto1_1280.jpg

Edited by Waferdanos

Guest Jupiter

As an idea to just throw out there of whats coming our way. At the momment we have no idea why the creators are comming back to earth (If thats whats happening) but what if Apollion isnt here to weaken earths force but to deastroy the weak links in th chain. If the creators wanted to to destroy their failed exeperament the first think Apollion would have done was target the guyvers, they are far more powerful then they where befor and if someone like Alkanphel had the power of Gigantic Exeed he would be unstoppable to stop so they would have been the first on the hit list.

What is the creators war was still going on all this time and what if their on the verge of looseing? Are they coming back because they are now so desperate that they would turn to the failed weapons they abandoned so long ago? Maybe Apollion is hunting the zoalords and their crystals because they are to weak for the fight thats ahead and they need make zoalords as they were ment to be. He could be helping Alkanphel because he needs to servive long enough for the creators to arrive and heal the damage they did to him. And hes leaving the guyvers alone because even their out of control power is desperately needed to fight the dark force that is hunting our creators.

It would be the most ironic thing ever if Sho and Agito became the very thing they feared and fourt so hard to prevent from being born........a Guyver Zoalord.

tumblr_n3cv0pRBy81s81xnto1_1280.jpg

Good question and thats a very good point. What if Agito becomes a Guyver Zoalord. He's stolen a lot of Chronos's optimization equipment and a scientist that knows zoalord anatomy, the example being Grizelda/Shizu. You have a good point.

• Like 1

Guest Jupiter

I wonder what would happen if for some reason Yoshiki just suddenly up and abandoned the rest of Guyver, I wonder....what than?

Would there be an outrage among fans and disappointed people? Would people get discouraged?

Would we hear about it in the forum? I wonder what would take place if Yoshiki just stopped doing his manga all together. Didn't finish it.

I don't like to think about things like this. Law of attraction and all that.

Guest Jupiter

Okay, you mean as in it will attract bad karma.

I don't see the point in thinking what if it ended?.... what if I die tomorrow? , theres not much point in dwelling on it...

anyhow -

its simple if Guyver was cancelled or whatever.... we would mass a giant campaign involvoing guyver fans from all over the world to demand the story be finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Okay, you mean as in it will attract bad karma.

Law of attraction means, what you focus on is what you get.

If you spend most of your time thinking about what it would be like to have lots of money, you will probably end up with lots of money.

Over simplified of course but that is the general gist.

Guest Jupiter

I've never heard of that happening anywhere.

it happens all the time, you just don't realise it. most people call it coincidence.

It's not coincidence it's merely about attention. your mind can only focus on a very small amount of information at one time.

It has an incredible filtering mechanism that is part of our evolved survival program. we focus on what we need and our brain learns that pattern and i time, the brain automatically takes actions to get that thing without us even thinking about it. we need to cross the road on a regular basis, the brain develops mechanisms to help us do that. I assume you drive? you don't really have to think about it much any more do you? your brain takes care of it. as more and more people focus on the same things, these things become a subconscious automatic action for all those people. it becomes crowd behaviour and can have startling chain reactions all across society. these things such as social constructs are result of this phenomena. when people are linked intrinsically these effects can result in particular actions. the way a person stands can have a subconscious signal to others around them a dangerous person can be perceived by a crowd of people and given a wide berth for example. also various forms of behaviour can have detrimental effect on a specific individual. by following through this line of reasoning, we might start to see how a fanbase starting to believe that their series might be abandoned, might in some fashion lead to the author deciding to abandon the work.

This is not exaggeration. it is how the law of attraction works. look at Evangelion.

• Like 3