Sign in to follow this  
Mad Zookeeper

Baoh

This is a fun little manga and ove I came across that reminds me a little of Guyver. Its basic plot is about a teenager Ikuro Hashizawa who is kidnapped and turned into a Baoh, a bioweapon with super human strength and other abilities such as firing a corrosive substance, by the Doress Laboratory. He escapes with the help of Sumire, a 10-year-old psychic girl. Professor Kasuminome, head scientist at Doress, sends various assassins and monsters to try and kill Ikuro, in means of stopping the Baoh virus from spreading and infecting the world.

It was writen and drawn by written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki the creater of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Here's a little taste of Boah for those intrested (beware excessive gore ahead)

Befor anyone says this is a Guyver rip-off I'd like to point out that Baoh came out a year befor Guyver.

Oh yes, we've talked about this before. Apparantly Guyver's Mangaka and Baoh's mangaka know each other in real life. 

Sorry I didn't know youd discussed Baoh already I'll have to look up that topic some time.

Intrestingly Baoh has resurfaced recently as a dlc character in the fighting game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

I dont know why he has to keep say baoh all the time I preferd his roar from the ova.

• Like 1

That's cool that he is available. I've been wanting to play this as soon as it's released Stateside. Now if only Guyver 1 was a DLC character in a fighting game like.....Mortal Kombat.

That's cool that he is available. I've been wanting to play this as soon as it's released Stateside. Now if only Guyver 1 was a DLC character in a fighting game like.....Mortal Kombat.

Why wait til it's stateside? I picked up a new copy of All Star Battle for a little less than 25 bucks on Amazon.

• Like 1

Why wait til it's stateside? I picked up a new copy of All Star Battle for a little less than 25 bucks on Amazon.

I hate navigating menus when I don't know the language. Edited by LordSpleach

True, but most fights have english menu's or are simple. But yeah, I would prefer localization. But every so often you do get a game that is worth importing, and thankfully not region blocked. I'm still realing over from the english translated Front Mission five never being ported over despite it's english friendly everything, and was region blocked too boot. It's a give or take in these situations. the guys at fightersgeneration seem to love it though. 

I've played a game that weren't in english befor. It was called Dinosaur Hunting, but I had found videos online that told me what the menu options where and the games dialog was in english.