Sign in to follow this  
Chernaudi

Chernaudi's blog and random stuff...

Actually, no.  My father and brothers fixed it in our driveway, believe it or not!  My dad has been a life-long mechanic and used to build oval track and motorcycle racing engines.  I'd bet that he could've ended up as an engineer at Ford or on a NASCAR team if things worked out right with as much work as he's done on high performance engines and chassis dynamics. 

We're not sure yet what's exactly wrong with the Pontiac.  When my brother tried to take it for a test drive, the oil pressure shot up from 40-55psi at idle to pegging the gauge.  We think that a oil bypass valve somehow got stuck open.  The car was in an accident, and the guy who sold it to my parents didn't tell them that the radiator was holed.  We've had to flush the cooling system quite often, then the thermostat broke and kept jamming shut, keeping water from flowing into the top of the engine, which is why we think it blew a head gasket, and now there's a problem probably with the oil bypass valve sticking open, and causing the oil pressure problems.  All of this could be stemming from that accident and my parents not knowing what was wrong. 

My mom drove it out here with the holed radiator, and my mother and my father didn't know that it was busted because they weren't told by the seller what exactly was damaged.  If something will screw up a car, that's one of those things that will.

Well, I should be figuring out something to eat, since I didn't eat much last night.  Probably microwave some sausage.  I wanted to make an English muffin sandwich, but with no toaster (my brother is getting a replacement now, at least), that'll be problematic until he get's back, and I've rarely used the broiler on my oven.

I should also probably get some coffee to get me some pep, because I've been a bit slow and groggy this morning.  Not bad, but just a bit off.

I might watch the NASCAR race tonight when I take a break from being online and doing other stuff, then I'll work on some fan fic.  I have a lot going on in my head about that, and I guess I should start typing it out :)

I'll be back later :)

Not too much sounds good to me right now, to be honest.  I've felt like crap since I got up this morning, and I haven't really gotten better.  The sausage I ate a little while ago helped, but not as much as I hoped.  Maybe I'll lay down for a while and get back to what I was doing a little later.  That'll still leave time for me to work on fan fic later on.

Well, I'm back :)  Still not feeling 100%, but at least well enough to be online.  I think I have some type of stomach bug.  But I'll finish looking up some stuff, then later on, probably after dinner and maybe the race tonight, I'll work on some fan fic.

It hasn't helped that the weather hasn't done me many favors.  The weather was totally strange today.  Not as bad as say Richmond, VA, where the NASCAR races are this weekend (Sprint Cup qualifying got rained out and there was a tornado reported near the track), but this morning, around 10:00, I went out side, and it couldn't have been more than 55 degrees.  But it felt about 20 degrees warmer than that at least, because of the sun being out and how humid it was.  And about 10 minutes ago, if felt about 30 degrees cooler, though the temperature didn't change much.

And now a random thought.  I know that I talk a lot about women and women are the majority of my fan fic characters and stuff like that.  I just had a new thought, and it's one of the reason I admire women a lot.

I hope that I don't sound too much like I'm talking crap about my own species, but I do feet, as far as the arts and creative stuff goes, that women often have a leg up on guys.  I've felt this way for a while. 

I was just watching the music video that Jane Child did for her song "Welcome to the Real World" (I posted it and the video for her other big hit "I Don't Wanna Fall In Love" in the music video section), and it spurred me to write about this.  She wrote the lyrics and music for all of her songs, and she was known for her fashion sense and being creative with that. 

Women just have a lot of avenues to be creative and that's always interested me, and that's something that I'm looking for in a woman.  To be fun and creative.  I guess that's how my feminine side comes out the best, is though creativity and how I write stuff and think in the realms of logic and creativity.

Just a random musing that I wanted to get off my chest and say what I feel.  I hope that I don't cause offense by it, but it's just a though that I've had for many years.

Hi everyone.

I watched the rain delayed NASCAR race last night and I went to sleep soon afterwards.

I have plans on finishing up looking up some Audi stuff today and working on fan flc later. So I have a day full of stuff I want to do. At least I'm feeling a lot better now than I did yesterday or last night.

@Jupiter:  In all honesty, I can hardly stand alcohol.  I've only had like two alcoholic things that I liked, and they were as expensive as hell.  I guess that my view is a bit tainted by my grandfather being a drunk and he'd be a major asshole when drunk.  Thankfully, when I was little, it wasn't much of a problem because health problems forced him to give up drinking.  The ironic thing about this is that most of my friends drink and keep it under control. 

My biggest issue is smell and taste.  I find that most of the stuff smells like paint thinner or nail polish remover, or even disinfectant.  And the wine I tried was horrible.  Granted, I paid only $3.30 a bottle, but even allowing for that, it was pretty horrid mule piss IMO.  So I'd advise you to not buy that Oak Leaf brand wine.  Whoever gave it the awards it got were probably crocked off their rockers.  What the hell were they thinkin'? ;)  My little brother drinks, and he got some of that new Miller beer that comes in the grey can (it's name eludes me at the moment).  He only wanted the can, but he said that the beer was the worst stuff he ever tasted.  I didn't dare to try it.

@everyone:  I'll be posting a WTF type thread of stuff that we find weird or strange that we see everyday, be it stuff we see people do, or strange phenomena, or stuff like that.  Now I'll post a little about me.  I think that the lyrics to the Jane Child songs "Welcome to the Real World" and "I Don't Wanna Fall in Love" kinda sum me up.  I posted videos for both songs in the music video thread.  That, and they're kinda cool songs, too.

Looking up some stuff, and then I'll be taking a break for the NASCAR race, some dinner and to get ready for fan fic work :)

Hi everyone.

Just got done washing dishes not too long ago.  I also watched the NASCAR race, and as in the shoutbox, I hinted that it was confrontation central.  There were finger pointing, drivers wrecking each other on the last lap, cars nearly burned to the ground because of tire problems.  The race winner promptly destroyed his rear tires during a burnout, and there was a fist fight in the garage area.  Kinda entertaining, though, as I also posted in the shoutbox, I do wonder what the likes of Shizu and Agito, or other Guyver characters, would make of it.

I do plan on working on fan fic shortly after I get done with looking up some stuff.

I can't really stay up much longer, so I'll be calling a night soon.  I did get some fan fic work done, not as much as I wanted to, but after being up for over 16 hours, it was more than I expected to do.

Hi everyone.

Caught the NASCAR race last night and now I'm waiting for my parents to come out and visit.  I also also still have pork chops left over from last night that I'll be making for dinner tonight at some point.

Here's the newest, and very high quality, video of the Le Mans spec Audi R18 at Monza:

I have plans on working on fan fic and stuff later on, and the past few days have been pretty good for me.

My father's trying to drive the Pontiac to his house so he can work on it.  My mother is following him in the Ranger.  The oil pressure would jump back and forth between 25lbs to pegging the gauge.  I fear he might be towing the Pontiac back to his house with the Ranger at some point. 

The way he described it, the bypass valve is just little piston and spring check valve, and somehow, it's getting jammed open, because it's only supposed to open past a certain amount of pressure.  Even if he blows it up, it might not be a huge loss, because he was already thinking of changing the engine in it at some point anyways.  He didn't get the head gasket issue fixed before he wanted to give it back, and it might be easier to change the engine than do all of that stuff.

The Pontiac's the best car my brother ever owned, and aside from my father wanting to re-paint it, it was in good shape until the engine problems happened.  We don't even drive it in winter out of fear of it getting run into. 

Oddly, we have a Geo Metro and a Ford Bronco that are used around the house, and they're as good as, if not better, than the cars we have now, but they're used as utility vehicles and the like.  They'd have been good cars if not for that stuff.

Hi everyone.

I hope that everyone is staying safe from the severe weather where it is or forecasted.

I don't have many plans for today aside from looking up some stuff and watching some videos later today. I have plans on working on some fan fic tonight and keeping an eye on the weather in the regions where it's going to get pretty nasty based on what I've heard. Stay safe everyone.

I'll be logging off for a while and taking a nap and doing a few things.  After that, I'll be back on here and looking up some stuff and working on fan fic :)

Hi everyone.

I just got up.  I went to sleep last night at 5:00am and got up just past noon.  I have more of the usual stuff planned for today:  looking up stuff, watching stuff, working on fan fic, etc. 

Right now, our creek is about 3/4 full of water.  That's how much it's rained here, though the sun wants to come out now. 

I'll keep everyone posted on what's going on with me today.

After I'm done watching these videos, I'll probably shave, take a shower, do something on the PS2, hop back on here, finish off Postal 2 (I'm on Sunday in A Week in Paradise mode), look up some Audi videos, and take another break for dinner (I'm thinking my chicken taco nachos again--pretty good stuff IMO), then I'll be taking a nap until I get back up to work on some fan fic.

Well, it's about to storm here now.  Though it all should be gone by morning.

I'll be watching some videos and getting ready to make some dinner.  It'll be chicken taco nachos tonight.  After that, I'll be working on some fan fic stuff.

Right now, there's a pretty good lightning show out at my house.  Of course, one of our cats ran outside.  Instant it saw the lightning, it ran for cover.  We also got the Pontiac back today, and the oil issue on it's been fixed.

Edited by Chernaudi

My area was briefly under a tornado warning.  Of course, by the time it was issued, it was away from where live.  It hailed and rained pretty hard. The really bizarre thing is that it took forever for the NWS to issue any kind of warning, that in spite of the fact that I knew it wasn't a normal thunderstorm.  You don't get that much lightning with a regular thunderstorm.  It was a bow echo, and sometimes a tornado vortex signature shows up on radar.

Hi everyone.

My area was under a tornado warning last night, though nothing really happened.  A severe thunderstrom warning wasn't even issued until the storm was on top of us, and the tornado warning wasn't issued until the storm was gone.  Still kinda eerie to hear the tornado sirens off in the distance, though.

We got the Pontiac back last night, and I get my social security check tomorrow, so that's grocery day, and we might be getting a new microwave. 

I'll be looking up some stuff, watching some videos, and playing a bit on the PS2.  For dinner tonight, I might be having some pasta stuff that I've been wanting to try out.  And I'll probably take a nap between doing some of this stuff.

No, actually.  That was last night when I first posted about it.  But it was weird that the line of storms didn't get any kind of warnings on them until they were on my doorstep, though my brothers saw lightning on the way home over an hour before it hit and I could tell by the lightning outside that it was no ordinary thunderstorm.  I even looked on the radar and the line looked ominous though without no sever warnings on it.

It's just rainy today, and then it'll cool down tomorrow and stay cool the rest of the week and into next week.

I heard that last night on the Weather Channel.  A lot of flooding happened along the Gulf coast.  There were areas that got more than 10 inches of rain in only a few hours time.

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get some stuff looked up today before I go and run my errands.  I'll be getting some groceries and I'll also be getting a VIP membership here later today.  Other than that, I'll be planning on doin gmore of the same as I have been:  looking up stuff, looking up some Audi videos later, doing some gaming stuff, and trying to work on fan fic if I get a chance.

Hi everyone.

While I have some time.  I'll be posting about the ACO/FIA WEC race at Spa this weekend.  The first photos came from the paddock area this morning, and there's plenty of photos of the #3 Audi R18 with it's Le Mans spec bodywork and both Toyota TS040s in their LM bodywork.  The gallery contains shots of other prototype and GT cars as well:

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/photo/spa-paddock/

Also released this morning is photos of the Rebellion R-One, which replaces the teams tried and true, but obsolescent (due to rule changes), Lola-based cars: 

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/photo/rebellion-r-one-reveal/

Here's another gallery, with the last three photos showing the main LMP1 cars during a test in France earlier this year, the Audi R18 e-tron quattro, Porsche 919 Hybrid, and the Toyota TS040 Hybrid: 

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=25954