Sign in to follow this  
Chernaudi

Chernaudi's blog and random stuff...

Hi everyone.

I've decided to start this topic off with just some random stuff.

For those of you who read my sports topic, I'm a huge auto racing/motorsports fan.  Sadly, now isn't a good time to be a fan of American based motorsports.  The United Sports Car Racing (USCR) group is made up of the merger between the American Le Mans Series and Grand Am.  Grand Am and the ALMS are hence now majority owned by Jim France of France Family/NASCAR fame.  Reports are that GA team owners got together for a meeting with series brass at Road Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and stated their case that they didn't want the ALMS classes aside from GTLM (as USCR calls it, it's known as LMGTE elsewhere).  It's basically believed that the NASCAR-backed factions want it this way, in spite of an agreement and a written contract with the ACO and the FIA over the issue that USCR would follow certain request from the FIA and ACO.  Since this seems to go against those agreements and against what most sportscar fans want, USCR's management is just pissing on their own feet it seems.

And if the Daytona Prototype teams are afraid of LMP2s and a potential Audi V10 powered DP, I know of how things can be worse, namely if the ACO bullied USCR into keeping LMP1, then they can have to deal with cars such as the Audi R18 e-tron quattro and Toyota TS030 hybrid LMP1s kicking their asses every weekend.  DP's can barely out run LMGTE cars at most tracks, and are 5-6 seconds slower than an LMP2, with an LMP2 only costing as much as a DP.  There's a whole bunch of egos involved, and those egos remind me of a quote from the film "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane": "So many a**h***s, so few bullets", which leads to this comment which is my commentary on the situation:  "You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life."  And NASCAR itself has had a few of those this year already.  There's a few things that I'd like for Sho or Agito, or even Griselda, to do to NASCAR's management.

Speaking of sportscar racing.  The Spa WEC race is this weekend.  Audi will run, once again, 2 of their "sprint" spec R18 e-tron quattros, and one Le Mans spec "long tail" car, while Toyota will have a 2012 spec TS030 hybrid, and one 2013 spec car in LM trim.  Audi dominated Silverstone against Toyota, but it probably won't be until Le Mans when we get the full picture.

As for me, I had a pretty good day at work, but I've been kind of tired most of the day, and since I have work tomorrow, I should be getting to bed soon.  I did get done most of what i wanted to get done today.  Tomorrow after work, I plan on spending most of the night playing some VGs and finishing up my fan fic chapter and working on another, and maybe soon going back to one of my more Twilight Saga themed fan fics--the current chapters I'm referring to is my Twilight and Bio-Booster Armor Guyver crossover.

I'll be back later :)

I had my Doctor's appointment today, and the bad news is that my vision is crap and I need new glasses.  Good news is that I might not have diabetes, or it I do, it can easily be controlled with medication.  My blood sugar reading was 198, while normal is 100-160.  That number probably was screwed up by the fact that I ate before I went to sleep (only a few hours before I went to see him), and I had coffee, too.

So I have to have blood tests done within the next week or so, and that'll be great, since I hate needles and the thought of fasting for 12 hours.  Easy as far as food, but the only things I can drink aside from water is black coffee and plain tea.  That's gonna suck as bad as the needle bit.

But at least if my numbers come back within the good range, I have nothing to worry about for right now.

So that's basically how my day went.  It also sucked that I got a late night and an early start, but at least this day's almost over and I can start a new later tonight.

Hi everyone.

Well, I'm gonna have a pretty crappy 18 or so hours.  I have to start fasting at 2:00 this morning because I have a Doctor's appointment for blood testing to see if I may have diabetes.  So that means no food, coffee, tea, or anything else other than water.  So that sucks.

At least Audi got a 1-2-3 finish at Spa last weekend, and I get to eat somewhere new tomorrow after the Drs appointment.  But other than that, I'm not looking forward to the next day.

Hi everyone.

At work, I now have what I consider to be a pretty tedious, miserable job for a while.  I'm probably gonna spend a majority of the coming days that I work shredding documents.  That involves removing staples and paperclips, and standing over a noisy, droning machine, and having to stop to empty it.  Not really physical labor, but it's boring, tedious, and a job that feels like it's gonna take for-smegging-ever.

Other than that, I've been fine recently.  The weather can't make up it's friggin' mind, it's hot one day, cold the next, just annoying.  I have been working on my fan fic recently--finally--too.  It took me forever to finish chapter 8, but I'm half way though chapter 9 after only working on it for one day over a couple of hours.  It's an action chapter with my OC Lia in it, so it's gone kinda fast.  The more action/humor/emotion/story driven chapters do go by kinda quickly when I'm allowed time to work on them.  I'll explain more in the fan fic thread about this story.

But aside from that, I haven't been up to too much.

Hi everyone.

Well, I did say that I'd have more about the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and here I go. The race was petty well dominated by the three Audi R18 e-tron quattros that were entered, with the #2 winning, and the #3 getting third after losing time due to a punctured tire, and the #1 losing more than half an hour after an alternator failure.

It was the first win for 2013 pole winner Loic Duval, the third for many years Le Mans and Audi veteran Allan McNish, and it was a record extending 9th win for Tom Kristensen, AKA "Mr. Le Mans". Though I enjoyed the outcome of the race and the fact that Toyota was able early on to make a race out of it (the Toyota threat faded once the track dried out and the Audis were consistently a couple of seconds a lap faster), my enjoyment of the race was tempered by two things. First, with mixed weather conditions and tons of caution periods (mostly due to barrier damage), the race lacked flow and it was frustrating waiting out caution periods for those barrier repairs. And also, if anyone has read news about the LM24 this year, you'll know that a driver named Allen Simonsen, a friend and countryman of TK, died shortly after an early race accident when his Aston Martin slid off the road into a barrier and impacted a tree behind the barrier. Simonsen was attempting to avoid a spinning Ferrari when the fatal accident occurred. After that, it was definitely less fun watching the race for quite a while, and it's a dark cloud that will hover over the race for quite a while, too.

I enjoyed the outcome and the battles, but I didn't enjoy the caution periods and certainly didn't enjoy hearing that someone died in an accident, let alone one that it seems that the death could've probably been prevented. It all sort of reinforced my reasons why I won't likely be watching the full race next year. It's just getting harder and harder for me to stay up and watch the whole race. A 6 hour race, fine, a 10 hour race, OK, a 12 hour race, well, it's long but easily manageable. 24 hours? A pretty big stretch for me now. Not that I could watch the whole race next year even if I wanted to anyways, due to Speed Channel's rebranding as Fox Sports 1. If it's not NASCAR, I don't see it getting a ton of coverage there as far as motorsports go.

But at least some of the guys who I hoped would win did, and Porsche in the two GT classes did get their 99th and 100th Le Mans class wins.

With Le Mans out of the way, I went back to work today, and I had a pretty good day overall, but it's hot and nasty where I live, as it is though most of the American Mid-West. And it'll be that way most of the rest of the week. At least I have plenty of fans here at home, and I have the AC installed in my bed room. So that'll help when I'm in there playing VG's and such.

Aside from the weather totally suckin' a$$, I'm fine right now. At least I'm not one of the guys who goes to LM and and gets hungover from all the partying that happens in the infield of the track, and at least I'm not the guy who mooned the camera during Speed's coverage of the race. I'm glad that Speed reporter Justin Bell (who's father Derek won LM 5 times) didn't see that happen until later LOL.

Edited by Chernaudi

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't posted here in like forever. 

Here's some highlights in my life since I last posted.

--I finally saved up enough money to buy some stuff on Amazon that I've been wanting for a while.

--I'll be going out on an outing with some friends within the next few days

--Audi dominated the Sao Paulo WEC round, while Toyota went down to a single car effort, lacked performance, and got taken out in an accident.  At least Audi found something useful for the rear dorsal fin on the R18:  it caught an errant wheel from one of the cars after a pit stop went bad.

--I'm convinced that after watching the NASCAR race at Richmond last night, that to many fans that mayhem=action.  May I refer them to Bio-Booster Armor Guyver, especially the OVA:

--I had blood work done yesterday, and I need to see about getting a doctor's appointment set up within the next week or two.

So that's about all the major stuff that I've been up to.

Hi everyone.

This is now my first night away from work.  I decided to take a leave of absence away from work until I start my new job there.  I was tired of trying to stick it out at the front desk as a receptionist and my new position constantly getting pushed back as far as start date.  First November, then December, and now possibly not until January. 

So I'm taking time away from work, and hopefully when I go back I'll be in a better mood and will be doing some stuff to help with my anxiety issues.

Other than that, I haven't really been up to too much.  But it feels good to have some time to myself, but bittersweet that I won't be seeing my friends at work for a while.

Sorry that I've been away for like forever here.  Had house renovations, grandma got sick over the weekend, and I really haven't had a crap load of time to post a lot here.

I have gone back to working on my fan fic and the racing season has started.

For example, a testing video/promo trailer for the new Audi R18 e-tron quattro:

This car (unlike last year's) was designed to use two hybrid systems, one that drives the front wheels, and one that provided extra power to the rear wheels, driven by the engine's turbocharger.  Audi, though, dropped the rear hybrid system for performance and reliability reasons.  It wasn't giving them the performance advantage they wanted (as in it didn't contribute much at all) and was thus just seen as an extra complication.  So like the 2012/13 e-tron quattro, it will have only a front wheel drive hybrid system, but it'll be much more powerful than the old system, no speed limiter on when it can activate, and Audi, unlike Porsche and Toyota, will still be running a diesel engine.

Also, I've been trying to get back to work on my fan fic, and it's been a bit challenging, since I haven't worked on it much the past two months.  But when I get though this chapter that I'm currently on, I'll be ready to really move on with it.

Also, grandma (as mentioned) has been sick and she was in the hospital over the weekend.  She has a new doctor now and is on new medications that he hopes will help her out with her diabetes and other issues.  Hopefully third time's the charm here because she's been though two doctors already who didn't really help her out much at all.

So that's my update, and hopefully this will be come a busier place soon :)

Hi everyone.

I didn't have the greatest of days. I had to stay up until almost 10:00 this morning, didn't get back up until just before Top Gear came on, new lap got broke and is being repaired right now. And we have a rather annoying problem with a mouse and we don't have the money to get traps or poison for it, and won't until the end of the month when I get my tax refund.

So I'm not really happy right now, let alone being tired of it being cold being stuck inside a lot and such. So I probably won't be working on fan fic, and I'll probably just be happy to go to sleep later this morning.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. At least there's the Audi presentation deal later today that I can look at later.

I'll be back later.

Guest Winters Eve

everything will get better. ^-^

Hi everyone.

Today has been a lot better so far than yesterday/last night. Though it got interrupted a few times, I did get more sleep, and I feel better overall today.

And it finally came today: The 2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro, what it looks like:

http://fourtitude.com/news/motorsport_news_6/audi-sport-unveils-new-r18-e-tron-quattro-le-mans-commute/

And here it is in motion and what it sounds like:

We also have plenty of wood at our house now to last us though the cold next day or two, and tonight I might work on fan fic and do a few other things.

Hi everyone.

I don't have too many plans for tonight, but what I plan on doing depends a lot on when I can make dinner (taco salad) and finish off playing a PC game on my laptop if I decide to finish it off.

I did get some ideas for future story chapters and stuff in my current chapter from watching some stuff on You Tube and Dailymotion, as well as some music I've heard recently.

Hopefully I'll be close to getting the current chapter finished off tonight or within the next couple after that.

Other than that, I haven't really done anything interesting today.

I'll be back later icon_e_smile.gif

Hi everyone.

I ended up staying up until almost 11:00 today because my brother was occupied with helping getting stuff ready for my grandma's appointment with her new doctor today.

But none the less I'm awake now and I have F1 practice later tonight. Also this weekend is the ACO/FIA WEC "Prologue" test at Paul Ricard Circuit in France. The three new factory LMP1 cars are there, including two examples each of the Audi R18 e-tron quattro, Porsche 919 hybrid and Toyota TS040 hybrid. Also, due to their car not set to be race ready until Spa in May, Rebellion Racing are running their 2013 spec Toyota-powered Lola LMP1 cars, and they're back to their old Red/White/Gold color scheme that existed before they got a Lotus sponsorship deal which resulted in Black/Gold/Red cars. The test takes place on Friday and Saturday.

I'll probably get back to work on my fan fic tomorrow night, then take Saturday night off to watch the F1 race, and on Monday I have to go to Jobs and Family Services to see about getting some food assistance stuff for at least until I get back to work.  And I think that I heard thunder for the first time this year at home just a few minutes ago.

Hi everyone.

I just got up a little while ago and I didn't get to sleep again until about 11:00 this morning. I wish that summer would get here so I can get to sleep whenever I want, or that I get called back into work so I have a reason for changing my sleep schedule.

I don't have too much planned for tonight. I might work on fan fic later on, but I haven't decided yet. I really don't feel too well at the moment.

But other than that, I'm fine and at least the temperature warmed up, but it'll be cold again Saturday.

Hi everyone.

I've got the F1 race to watch later tonight--at 4:00 in the morning.  That's because it's taking place in Malaysia, and with unpredictable weather.

Audi did top both sessions of the FIA WEC test this morning, though Porsche did run the fastest overall time--though Porsche never came close to matching their best time again, unlike Audi, who did get close to matching their best in both of today's sessions.

But other than that, I got the dishes washed and I have a few things to do after the F1 race ends as far as cleaning stuff up, after which point I'll probably be in bed until my parents come out tomorrow.

Hi everyone.

My parents did drop off my groceries and I got some new Crystal Light stuff to try that I've never had.  

After a while, I'll be getting back offline to take a nap and later on, after doing a few things, I'll be working on fan fic :)

Other than that, I don't have much to write about, though at least it's warmer out (and be careful if you have snow on the ground and it's sunny--that crap will damn near blind you, especially if you head indoors into a dimly lit room!), and sometime tomorrow, I'm probably headed to my local Jobs and Family Services deal to try and get some food assistance stuff for until I get back to work.  Not a bit deal if I don't get it, but it'll still help a bit.

Hi everyone.

Today at first wasn't as successful was I had hoped.  My brother and I misread something on the letter we got from JFS, so we have to go this morning and try again.

But at least it was nice out today and I spent sometime outside.  Only downside is that our yard is wet and nasty with mud and standing water.  It'll be warmer tomorrow, but it's also supposed to rain.

I'm also $29 richer after I got my state tax refund back, and I should be getting my Social Security money too this morning.  That means that I'll be on a bit of a buying spree today after we get out of JFS.

Hopefully we can get something out of our across town trip today, unlike yesterday where we only got two pizzas and two bottles of Pepsi, which wasn't all that bad, but we only normally would've traveled half the distance to get that ;)

Also, for some interesting technology, if you're bored, type in "Audi LaserLight" in your search box.  The new Audi R18 e-tron quattro has that technology on it, and it should be on Audi and BMW road cars within a year.

Hi everyone.

I did do the JFS stuff today, and I should be getting $55 dollars in benefits ($110 if you count that it'll include back pay from March).  

I also got some groceries today, and because I did a few things before I went to the JFS stuff, today is pretty much free now.  I'll probably be taking a nap soon, and then I'll work on fan fic and do a few other things later tonight.

Hi everyone.

I still haven't gotten my federal tax refund yet, but I still have quite a bit of money, and the mouse trap that I got yesterday worked.  Unfortunately, my brother had to fight one of our cats to be able to throw away the mouse.

I have an appointment (finally) for my anxiety stuff tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be going to Walmart and maybe in the morning before that I'll be trying Taco Bell's breakfast stuff.  Also, I'll be trying to get some Little Ceasar's deep dish pizza tomorrow after the appointment, too.

I also ran into a friend from school yesterday when I had to pick up some bank statements.  I'll be trying to talk to her and stuff soon.

I plan on working on a PC game later and working on some fan fic later on today/tonight, but aside from that, I don't have a crap load of stuff planned right now aside from what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Hi everyone.

I don't really know what I'll be doing this morning, but right now I don't really feel very good.  I have that appointment today, and right now I'm trying to get some stuff looked up online, and hopefully my brother will get up fairly soon, because I feel like I need to lay down soon.

Hopefully I'll be feeling better before the appointment.  Also after that, I have to do some more shopping at Walmart and such, and hopefully I'll be able to eat this pizza I want when I get it later on.

I also slept in last night.  I was awake almost from 5:00 yesterday until about 11:00 last night, so I didn't get to work on fan fic or anything like that yet.  Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get some of that stuff done.

Hi everyone.

I did get my tax refund yesterday just before I left for my appointment.  As for that, I'm now on some medication.  It'll be 2-6 weeks before I know exactly what effect it'll have on me.  There's a drowsiness advisory on it, but since I don't drive, that's not a big problem and it's not supposed to really have any side effects.

I still have a few things to get today when my older brother goes back out later on.  I still want 1-2 new pairs of shoes and I forgot to pick up a bag of fries yesterday.  So that's all I have left to get.  Of course, between some grocery stuff and grandma's stuff, we didn't really have room in the Jeep for that stuff anyways.  

So that's what I was up to yesterday.  Now I have to get grandma her breakfast and stuff.

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty successful day yesterday but by 8:00 last night I was exhausted.  I was advised to expect drowsiness with my new anxiety mediation, so I might in a day or two switch to taking it at night.

I hope to be able to work on fan fic and maybe do something on a PC game later that I haven't worked on all week.  I also don't think that there's much on TV tonight, so I'll be up to that stuff more than likely.

Hi everyone.

I took my anxiety medication yesterday, and soon after I took it, I went to sleep. Hence, I'm going to start taking it at night before I go to sleep.

So I got up just before 7:00 this morning, washed the dishes, started a fire, and made grandma her breakfast. Now I'm waiting for my parents to come out and drop off some stuff.

I haven't felt well the past couple of days. Some of it might be me adjusting to my new medication, but I also didn't eat much of anything yesterday, but at least I have something in me now, so at least I don't feel as nauseated as earlier.

I do plan on working on fan fic later on after I look up a few things later on. I'm planning on taking a break from here after my parents leave to work on something else and maybe take a nap.

Hi everyone.

I took my medication last night before I went to sleep and things seemed to have worked better for me this time around.  However, I stayed up longer than I intended because my brother had to bring laundry home.  

I also probably should take some antacid.  The McDonald's sausage biscuits I had this morning were good, but they can give me heart burn.  

I haven't done too much today, but after doing some stuff on here, I'll be taking a break for a while, then when I get back on later, I hope to work on a PC game, fan fic and looking up some stuff in about that order.

Hi everyone.

I didn't get much done last night.  I played on the PS2 a bit, took my anxiety medication, and passed out until about 6:00 this morning.  

So that means that I have some catching up to do.  I'll try and get some of it done this morning.  Then I'll take a break and do something else, then try and get back on later.

At least I slept well!  Another thing that's helped me recently is that the last couple of days I've been sleeping with a pillow between my knees, because I like to sleep on my side usually.  That's been a big help as far as comfort goes.

But I do plan on getting done today what I didn't get done last night.