Sign in to follow this  
Mehy

Yet another returned member

Just wanted to say, Hi everyone!

So I guess my old Account died? God, time sure flies doesnt it? I remember that when I was last 'active' by any sense of the word Murakami was just released by Max Factory. I used to go by 'DaMoe' back then.

With a series like Guyver where the story is released very slowly its easy for interest to cool and for people to just move on to other things. I do wonder after all these years if Takuya even has an end in sight. As much as I love Guyver, it has taught me that there is a downside for a creator be so attached to his work. I personally dont think we will see another anime until there is any kind of 'end point' in the story.

But you know what, Guyver was a big influence to me. The thing that sticks with me the most is the design sense that went in it. Few other series manage to pull off the kind of organic, sensible designs that make Guyver what it is. Hell, even some of those throw-away zoanoid designs that you only see for a page or two end up being really memorable.

Its just not something you see anymore. All those data files and biology data that were made in the early years really gave Guyver an authentic feel which is missing from most modern works. Most series these days just go with "Bam, science!" in a way that feels more like handwaving than anything.

So yeah, I was just thinking about that this morning and decided to take a look around here and see what was new.

And you know something? Posting on forums like this onw is what taught me how to draft business e-mails, I am waaaay too self-conscious about what I post. :lol:

PS. Still love these hand-drawn smileys :shock::cry:  They add flavour.

welcome back to the guyver scene you have alot of threads to look through happy days.....

hi damoe,

maybe you can refresh people's memory with that nify avatar you had.

was it some wierd guy with a blue face or was it blue glasses or something?

cartoony with a pointy nose.

It HAS been a long time :lol: . I seriously had to dig these up. I'm not as active on the internet as I was when I was younger.

My old avatar

23.jpg

My old signature (supposed to take place in volume 15 after Sho lost the Gigantic to Agito for the first time)

Aptomsig.jpg

ah yes there it is.

Are you sure it was a long time when you were last here? I am sure you were here more recently...

Yeah, I remember that avatar and signature very well! Could never forget Jack Spicer gracing this place.

You couldn't have been here too long ago, I'm surprised you were pruned. Oh well, welcome back at any rate!

I remember you.  Who could forget that avatar?  Well, welcome back, though it doesn't seem like you've been gone that long though.