Sign in to follow this  
Amika

Guyver May 2012 - 18 pages

Well Imakarum has used the attack like that except it was on a whole skyscraper. The Spiral Attack originates from Archanfel himself when he first appeared and he had used it against Aptom.

i dont think apollon is imakarum, since he doesn't seem to know about aptom in this chapter... which is a big give away that he is not imakarum plus he has no interest in Guyout...

Apollon only seems to be interested in the zoa crystals of the zoalords... and Guyot's crystal is... what, a synthetic crystal? Aka a dummy crystal like Murakami's was? He probably doesn't consider them much of a threat with anything less than a full zoa crystal.

Not sure I'm buying into the notion that Imakarum is actually Apollon (either). Whoever or whatever he is he seems to have access to the powers of multiple zoalords, maybe even all of them. His armor is composed of the same sort of material that the Guyver control metal is... would Imakarum have access to that? Would Archanfel? I think this ought to be taken at face value; this guy is extra terrestrial in origin.

Edit: minor clarification.

Edited by Starwaster

Is nobody commenting on the fact that there are five graves in the back yard of the mansion now?

Is nobody commenting on the fact that there are five graves in the back yard of the mansion now?

who were the 4 before? hayami, yohei, and...?

i'm just wondering how they would bury natsuki so quickly... and why she would have such an unceremonious death.

and i don't think that the spiral crusher is indicative of him being imakarum... just being of a similar level of power to alkanphel

so.......

it's the end of an era. odagiri mansion, gone.

also dude that's exactly what i thought!! my exact phrasing. weird.

Here's an idea, perhaps Apollon is an Avatar for Archenphel and the suit is a high powered armor used as a disguise. Archenphel doesn't know Aptom, and even if Archenphel did know about Aptom, he would never be able to recognize him in his battle form. Archenphel saw Aptom in his human form. It makes some sense to me since Archenphel is too physically weak to roam around the world and solve Chronos's problems, but has the power to defeat any of the zoalords. The motive could be, in light of Guyot's rebellion, Archenphel may have accepted that then humans gifted with the zoacrystals were no longer trustworthy and were able to rebel against archenphel's orders. Not wanting to take the chances of having other zoalords follow in Guyot's footsteps, Archenphel used Imakarum, whom Barcus had admitted to giving special processing for Archenphel, to take back the zoacrystals for whatever means Archenphel wants them for. (Perhaps to power the Ark?) Knowing Imakarum may not have the power to take back all of the crystals, Archenphel uses Imakarum's body as his own and handles this affair himself; just not literally himself.

Confirmed, Plausible, or Busted? :neko:

Here's an idea, perhaps Apollon is an Avatar for Archenphel and the suit is a high powered armor used as a disguise. Archenphel doesn't know Aptom, and even if Archenphel did know about Aptom, he would never be able to recognize him in his battle form. Archenphel saw Aptom in his human form. It makes some sense to me since Archenphel is too physically weak to roam around the world and solve Chronos's problems, but has the power to defeat any of the zoalords. The motive could be, in light of Guyot's rebellion, Archenphel may have accepted that then humans gifted with the zoacrystals were no longer trustworthy and were able to rebel against archenphel's orders. Not wanting to take the chances of having other zoalords follow in Guyot's footsteps, Archenphel used Imakarum, whom Barcus had admitted to giving special processing for Archenphel, to take back the zoacrystals for whatever means Archenphel wants them for. (Perhaps to power the Ark?) Knowing Imakarum may not have the power to take back all of the crystals, Archenphel uses Imakarum's body as his own and handles this affair himself; just not literally himself. Confirmed, Plausible, or Busted? :neko:

Meh.... so he targets a loyal zoalord before actually hunting down the hostiles? Or does he just not know which is which? More importantly, where did he get this suit? He sure as heck didn't devise or build it himself. Arkenfels power is pretty awesome but I doubt he has technical know how to make such a thing. I mean c'mon he's basically a very powerful child who's by and large been comatose most of the time. Did Imakarum make it? How would he know how to do it? And where did they get the strange Guyver alloy from?

The most likely explanation is that the Creators are back, they've sent a vanguard and granted him all the power that a Zoalord could have (any and all of them) and bioboosted him to boot. They're back to correct a terrible mistake because let's face it, their worst fears are not only realized but it's WORSE than they thought possible. Humankind has thrived and flourished like some kind of fungal infection. Their single crippled Zoalord is still alive and MULTIPLYING. His Kronos scientists have figured out how to build/grow a starship that they only ever showed Arkenfel once in a telepathic sending.. And the GUYVERS?? I mean, ONE was bad enough now there's TWO of them and OMG they figured out how to retrofit and upgrade? Using parts of old relic starships? Oh, sorry did I say TWO? Because now they can make their OWN Guyvers?? These guys are TERRIFIED and rightly so. So they've outfitted a special agent with all the power they can and probably built some kind of failsafe into him/it so they can destroy him if he gets uppity like Arkenfel did....

Anyway, that's what I think is going on.No way Arkenfel or Imakarum did this on their own. Not even together.

Edited by Starwaster

This is all super interesting and an awesome chapter but did Natsuki and Valcuria survive!?

Five grave.

3 for the aids.

1 for Yohei.

1 for Hayami.

sorry, was going to address it earlier, got side tracked.

where were we shown exactly how many there were before?

no matter how many there were prior to hayami's death or yohei's death, we are never shown a complete shot showing definitively how many there were or are.

the fact that there are five shown in this panel, is in my opinion secondary to the reason for showing the graves which is to focus in on that one grave post, the post of yohei.

aside from that, the suggestion that this somehow alludes to natsuki's fate doesn't seem to make any sense since there would have been absolutely no time to prepare such a memorial for her.

Did Imakarum make it? How would he know how to do it? And where did they get the strange Guyver alloy from?

I think we talked about this before. guyver zero's megasmasher damaged the relic badly, for sure. but we have seen navigation sphere surviving a megasmasher blast without too much of a problem.

imakarum, if obtained a powerful link to the navigation sphere, could have asked it to remodel itself as this armour. it's not that unfeasible. alkanfel clearly trusted imakarum a lot more than barcas, so would have allowed him more access to things that barcas would not have. that nav sphere could have been in that temple all along. shou could ask the navi sphere to create the gigantic armour, so a powerful zoacrystal could potentially do the same.

But what does the final grave say? What is the name on it?

the fact that there are five shown in this panel, is in my opinion secondary to the reason for showing the graves which is to focus in on that one grave post, the post of yohei.

aside from that, the suggestion that this somehow alludes to natsuki's fate doesn't seem to make any sense since there would have been absolutely no time to prepare such a memorial for her.

onuma yohei

Did Imakarum make it? How would he know how to do it? And where did they get the strange Guyver alloy from?
I think we talked about this before. guyver zero's megasmasher damaged the relic badly, for sure. but we have seen navigation sphere surviving a megasmasher blast without too much of a problem. imakarum, if obtained a powerful link to the navigation sphere, could have asked it to remodel itself as this armour. it's not that unfeasible. alkanfel clearly trusted imakarum a lot more than barcas, so would have allowed him more access to things that barcas would not have. that nav sphere could have been in that temple all along. shou could ask the navi sphere to create the gigantic armour, so a powerful zoacrystal could potentially do the same.

Uhh...hate to be a party pooper, Ryuki, but in book 19 Alkanphel said that the Nav spheres in the Sihla Relic were damaged and nonfunctioning. I reeaaalllly don't think that they would be able to do anything if they were not able to function at all.

Here's an idea, perhaps Apollon is an Avatar for Archenphel and the suit is a high powered armor used as a disguise. Archenphel doesn't know Aptom, and even if Archenphel did know about Aptom, he would never be able to recognize him in his battle form. Archenphel saw Aptom in his human form. It makes some sense to me since Archenphel is too physically weak to roam around the world and solve Chronos's problems, but has the power to defeat any of the zoalords. The motive could be, in light of Guyot's rebellion, Archenphel may have accepted that then humans gifted with the zoacrystals were no longer trustworthy and were able to rebel against archenphel's orders. Not wanting to take the chances of having other zoalords follow in Guyot's footsteps, Archenphel used Imakarum, whom Barcus had admitted to giving special processing for Archenphel, to take back the zoacrystals for whatever means Archenphel wants them for. (Perhaps to power the Ark?) Knowing Imakarum may not have the power to take back all of the crystals, Archenphel uses Imakarum's body as his own and handles this affair himself; just not literally himself.

Confirmed, Plausible, or Busted? :neko:

It seems I was right when I mentioned earlier that Apollyon was following Guyot to find the Segawas, or "those two". From his appearance at the end of the last chapter, his confrontation with Guyot, to his spiral attack, we are supposed to think that it's Archanfel. Archanfel just woke up and surprised Barcas, who has been watching over his sleep patterns for the last 400 years. Barcas should know his hibernation patterns by now. Archanfel having strange power and waking up early is the Red Herring that is supposed to fool us and make us think that Apollyon is Archanfel. But I saw one flaw that no one has pointed out yet. If this IS indeed Archanfel, why in God's name did he let Guyot live? Guyot has been a bigger thorn in Archanfel's side than anybody who has ever lived, and almost killed him once. If I were Archanfel, I would have used the Spiral Attack on Guyot instead. I believe that this proves that it must be Imakarum, who got a piece of his previous personality back after Agito shattered his Zoacrystal as Gigantic Dark. Archanfel wouldln't need to wear a suit, the world believes he is a God. He doesn't need to sneak around, because anybody he could sneak up on would be dead shortly after he appeared. Luck alone has kept our heroes alive and kicking. Imakarum with his Murakami personality intact would realize that removing the Segawa's from the picture would be the safest way to protect them. If you were in his spot, would you have tried to protect them while also fighting Guyot, Valkyria, Griselda, and Aptom? Getting them to safety was the best way possible. Aptom was an enemy the last time that Murakami had his entire personality intact, I think Aptom was a perceived threat to the safety of the Segawas. I don't see pre-timeskip Murakami trusting Aptom. Plus, Aptom was invisible and had a new face. If you knew this guy tried to Rape Mizuki and eats Zoanoids as Midnite Snacks, you might also be apprehensive of letting him join your Merry Little Rebellion XD.

The grave are meant to be acknowledgment of the end of the era for the gang, not insinuating a new grave was dug, also it's clearly in real time, not later on, I doubt they would dig a grave exposed as their refuge burned around them, it's not Natsuki.

I don't think this is meant to be making out this Apollon is Alcanphel as a red herring for later on, Carleon didn't think it was him and Alchy was asleep when Apollon was doing the rounds, not to mention his armour seems to give him Alchy level abilities.

Neither would Alchy kill his own loyal troops. So this is either Imakarum or someone new.

I'd forgotten about the 'Those two' comment.

I always assumed he was referring to the rogues so he could take their crystals (as he seems to be gunning for disloyal, dead zoalords or those that get in his way.

I wonder why he knew Guyot would lead him to the Segawas, that would insinuate he knew what Guyots goal would be and nobody here had a clue he was after the Segawas.

But if it IS Imakarum and not Archanfel then wouldn't he also want to kill Guyot? I'd think, even with brain washing, he'd remember his hatred of Guyot. Unless he had a taunt in there somewhere saying 'I will keep you alive since you are no threat to me now.'

It seems if this Imakarum his new personality functions in strange ways;

1. He places no value on his fellow zoalords

2. He acts very robotically (but then so did Imakarum to a degree)

3. He acts in a very mission based manor as though he is working to some kind of schedule / under someone's orders.

I also postulate that is this is an alternate personality he may not be unaware of past events, functioning only to complete his mission.

Perhaps this could be part of the Alchanphel brian washing program;

If something goes wrong he is to use the armour to retrieve crystals and or other objectives set to him by Alcanphel before his dormancy, this program countermands all other Cronos objectives and personel

making him even more of a machine than he was before.

As he is a potential threat to Cronos Alcanphel makes sure his face his hidden so that Cronos doesn't turn against Imakarum and Alcanphel whilst these strange objectives are carried out.

Uhh...hate to be a party pooper, Ryuki, but in book 19 Alkanphel said that the Nav spheres in the Sihla Relic were damaged and nonfunctioning. I reeaaalllly don't think that they would be able to do anything if they were not able to function at all.

right you are.

I guess it is possible he was lying or that the potential remnants of nav spheres could have been moulded into armour. but there is no disputing what he said in that dialogue.

I find it funny that nobody wants to accept Apollon as a new player. Maybe he is a clone of Alchanfel that the Advents left sleeping, and was only recently reawakened due to the re-activation of a navi-sphere. Who knows, since we are all speculating, might as well throw in some crazy ideas. Maybe there are still other relic ships that Cronos haven't found yet.

I find it funny that nobody wants to accept Apollon as a new player. Maybe he is a clone of Alchanfel that the Advents left sleeping, and was only recently reawakened due to the re-activation of a navi-sphere. Who knows, since we are all speculating, might as well throw in some crazy ideas. Maybe there are still other relic ships that Cronos haven't found yet.

I prefer this, rather than Apollyon being Imakarum. We need new players and we need to story to keep going. I don't know what I'd do it it ended haha.

I guess a part of me hopes Apollyon isn't a new player since I wanted the Creators to remain hidden for the whole story. Plus with Imakarum and Archanfel there's a lot of character dynamics that would keep the rivalries interesting. I worry that this sudden character could be potentially under developed and not as interesting and will force Guyvers and Chronos to work together to stop it. Now that could be interesting but I was looking forward to either Guyot, Archanfel or Imakarum to being the big bads of the story.

I think everyone forgets to realize that in our eyes, the Guyvers are the good guys, but in their world, Guyvers are the outlaws and Cronos are the good guys. Come on, how will people perceive a leader when nobody get's sick anymore, nobody gets hungry anymore, there are no more wars and the world is united? Politics is gone. I'd say that Cronos is doing a damn good job managing the earth. It just so happens that there are also bad guys inside Cronos riding on the good will of the organization, which ironically, puts Cronos in a bad light. I think that given a chance, Shou and Archanfel could work together. We have never seen them face to face and have a difference of opinion. It has been a stereotype that former enemies become comrade in arms, which in the case of Guyver was no exception (Aptom).

Apollon taking the Segawa's leaves more questions than answers. If Apollon is Alchanfel, he would be surprised to see Guyot alive. If Apollon is Imakarum, he would have taken out Guyot, as weak as Guyot is right now, his ambition is a dangerous weapon. Krumegnik and Jabir are idiots for using Guyot.

With the events happening as they are, I would predict that Aptom was able to save Natsuki. We saw Aptom de-invisible himself, so it is possible he softened Natsuki's landing while invisible before appearing in front of everyone. Besides, who would want to bury someone while a flaming mansion is behind you. That's outright disrespectful to the dead.

I find it funny that nobody wants to accept Apollon as a new player.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it would be weak story telling.

Jade Tatsu made a thread about weak story telling and this was one of the concerns, apollon coming out of nowhere. I refuse to believe he could be a new player for that very reason. it would be lame, and takaya sensei doesn't do lame. :)

Amika, it seems that this month it is not so easy to find a japnese version? I don't know because i have no idea where it usually comes from, perhaps we could have a translation of the chinese version instead for this month?

what do you think?

Guest thegreatshow

Ok we have new elements here, do u want my opinion? Imagine Apollon is Imakarum or Archampfel...why do he steal normal person? i think he is collecting zoacrystal to creat new zoalords, so why Alcampfer needs new zoalords? or he want to face off Guyver? no the first need of Alcamfer is always to meet Uranus and take his revenge.

Anyway, collect zoa crsytal is like to obtain the single divided power of Alkampfer, do u remember? He said to Balkus, i give to u one piece of my zoacrystal and little piece of my power.

Remember, Alkampfer has all the power of the singular zoalord, but i continue to think Apollon is not Alkampfer or Imakarum.