Jess♥

Guyver Novel pictures for translating

Page 22

Also in this house, I wonder why there is that familiar feeling....

Kiko shook her head.

(I have been disrespectful to uncle.  Additionally, it's an ill omen, in times like these)

Coming until the entrance, there is a brand new interphone beside the door.

Pushing the button, after a moment, there was a voice like an old lady answered.

[Who is it?]

[it's Maganuma, I'm Kiko.  Tatsuo's younger sister.]

[Oh my.  Please wait a moment]

The voice, was somewhat brightly surprised.

How to break the ice, Kiko thought while waiting.

Finally, the door opened.

[Welcome.  What's the matter?  So suddenly.]

Uncle Kyoichirou, was standing in the light of the entrance.

There was no white hair the last time they met, there was just a bit mixed in.  He was three years younger than father so he is close to 50.

However, the gentle expression, is just like before.

Finally calmed, Kiko bowed her head.

Page 23

[Excuse me for coming so suddenly.  I called your place of work, but I can't get through]

Uncle smiled.

[i'm sorry about that.  It's because of this spring, my duty changed, I still haven't updated the register of names.  It's probably because of that.  Anyway, please come in.

Uncle closed the door.  That sound, made a profound echo inside the house.

[What a big house.  I as surprised.]

Kiko said, Leaning her back on the living room sofa.

There was a door in the corridor leading from the entrance to the inside.  This living roomt must be at least 10 square meters, and couldn't guess the entire area of the house.

[This house is too large for a married couple like us.  It was the possession of my wife's family, and conveniently put to our disposal.  Well, you can consider us as the care takers]

Uncle answered, with Auntie preparing the tea, with a fond look in their eyes.

[Anyway, I just feel that we needed to tell you that.  It's been a long time, since the last time we met, how long has it been]

[Four years]

Kiko answered.

wow, thanks durendal.

nice to see we are still going.

have i put enough pages for you or need I record some more images with my camera?

I really can't remember what the last scanned (or photographed) page you made, but I based this on the pages I transcribed, which is up to page 27.

i remember this from some time back it was a alot of text but not much pictures i think yuki was gonna design the pages for them and wasn't sure if he wanted to take on the project.

Lost Unit, you wanted to scanlate them but remember the pages are just text so no scanlating can be done.

But I just thought, I don't know if I mentioned it back then, but there is something that can be done. it can be compiled into a PDF file.

that can be considered 'scanlating' it in some fashion because it is presenting it as it was presented in the novel and i think that is what you meant when you brought it up?

In that case, you'll have to let me know if the pictures are good enough for you to use. if I even photographed them, they may be a bit blurred and distorted. can you work with them and straighten them up?

What we really need in this project is an editor.  When I say editor, I mean the true purpose of an editor, which proofreads the translations, not just somebody to photoshop.  Anybody can just slap all this text and pictures together, but will take a dedicated editor to clean out the paragraphs for more readable english.  After all is done, as Ryuki said, can be saved as a pdf file, with all the artwork intact.  

when you come to think about it an editor would able to make sense of the paragraphs and i know once translated sometimes the phrases not match with so many variations . It easy for me slap the text after you guys have done all the hard work onto pages didnt really think this one through enough i think. 

Thanks Guyverfour, that's great!

I shuld check your site more ^^;

I  started editing  this when you all began... I cant remember how far I got or where the file is... hmm, i'll try to remember to look for it soon...

BUT anyway just looked through the topic and my edit so far is on page 3!! (post # 43) 

if I get time i'll continue it.

• Like 1

I love that the novel is going on, but i confess the story has me a bit confused. If this a new character? I'm trying to place her in the earlier chapters in case she has a run in with the Guyver but i can't place it.

Page 24

[since the funeral of my Father.]

[Oh my, I'm so sorry.  But you've grown up.  How is your mother?]

[Thank you for asking.  Lately she seems fine.]

[That's good to hear]

Uncle put it out of the way.

[Well, I guess that goes for greetings.  Well, for suddenly coming here like this, you have a reason right?]

Kiko corrected her seating.

[What brother is currently doing, do you have any knowledge?]

Before a reply was given, there was a moment.

[....Tatsuo-kun? Aah, He's doing fine.  What's the matter?  Did you suddenly fall in love with your brother?]

Uncle answered in laughter.  But, it was somehow forced.

[is he really, fine?]

[Of course, why...]

[Just last Thursday, he came back here]

[Thursday?]

Auntie, made a start.

Page 25

[Dear, could it be-]

[yes]

Kiko nodded.

[it's father's death anniversary]

Uncles expression become frozen.

[is that so.  I have forgotten...]

[Even then, there was no communication.  There has to be a memorial service, even if he didn't come back, he would have at least called]

[There was a sudden business trip, right now, he's not in Tokyo]

Uncle quickly said.

[it can't be helped, he has forgotten the memorial service.  I'll tell him when he comes back.]

[Then, right now he is working in the same place as uncle?]

His brother Tatsuo, after graduation high school, he was employed in the same company after the introduction of his uncle.  It was said that he was adopted by the main office, they don't know his definite area of work.

[Where does he live right now?]

[same as before, his bachelor's pad.... hey hey, do you plan to investigate this?]

Uncle jokingly stated.

so ive done some paraphrasing / editing type stuff to make the text flow a bit more....

I have taken slight libertys i.e not rigidly sticking to SOME of the words used where I thought it was appropriate to structure the sentence better or communicate the idea of the sentence better.( Im taking this seriously, but not as much as editing Tankobon scripts!)

just a couple of things if anyone cares to help..

on p20 where the original '' with her words'' etc. is , I was wondering whether to write '' she had commented on Kiko's dialect, she

had said that ,[ if you go to Tokyo and you talk your normal way you won't be able to communicate properly]... 

it seems as if that is what is being implied????

and

the end of p 21 just has me stumped completely... I could kind of get something from it but I wouldn't be confident that it was the true intention of the sentences...

p16 - 25 below

Chapter 1

Page 16

The little girl stood in the entrance of the local police station, with her head bowed said

[Pardon my interruption],

The police officer in front of the desk, felt like he was a teacher in a classroom.

Usually it's [excuse me] or [umm..], answering in a simple easy tone.

[what's the matter?]

[How do you get to the fifth district of Narisawa?]

Without thinking, he looked up at the girl.

from the design of the badge on her school uniform he could see she was in highschool.

She was carrying a large vinyl sports bag. This seemed unusual he thought, Which district did she come from?, is she visiting a relative?

Page 17

(In any case, she isn't from here, she may have been directed here by her friends)

The still young police officer, teased the school girl. there weren't many courteous girl like this around here, but there must still be places like that.

Her looks were not bad. Her black metal framed glasses suited her.

[Where abouts in the fifth district?]<br />

[38 of 6. Naganuma Keichirou]

[Are you a relative?]

[Yes, he's my uncle]

[school vacation?]

[Ah, yes. That's this year. I totally forgot]

Seeing her turning her head, the police officer observed the girl.

The girls reply iwas not suspicious. It didn't look like she had ran away.

[um...I'm newly assigned here]

The police officer pointed his finger to the map on the wall.

[it's here. it's a bit far, though. At the shops in front of the station, there is a signboard. it has an arcade. Just go straight through there....]

After listening to his explanation, the girl politely bowed her head.

Page 18

[Thank you very much]

The officer watches the girl walking in the evening street.

He realised that he forgot to ask her name, then he thought that there was no need for it.
the officer was busy after all.

In the outskirts, there is a place called Mount Narisawa. Although it is called a mountain, it is merely a slightly elevated hill, just a week ago, there was a long haul truck driver killed on the pathway of the mountain side.

There were several suspicious points in the incident. The truck stopped in the mountains outside of the usual route, leaving the vehicle with the engine still running.

At most, the death was a mystery.

It might be an urban legend about a giant beast tearing it apart.

The most bothersome thing is that the upper echelons have notified that the area be sealed off, and there was no way to investigate it. There were even rumors that the cargo was highly classified national information, the real situation is unknown.

Because of that, the suspect still hasn't been caught. There were also those who conceal themselves in fear, too scared to talk. The police have also strengthened their patrol.

Even if the girl is a runaway, there is no need to be concerned.
He never would have thought of trying to find out more about the place she was inquiring about.

Page 19

Page 20

(Aah....i'm nervous)

Walking on the brick road covered by the high arcade, Naganuma Kiko drew a sigh.

After arriving in Tokyo, this was the second time she had talked to someone. The station personnel was the first one at the private railway in the Shinjuku station, and then the police officer.

(I can't understand very well)

It was her first time in the capital, and she asked her classmate about the route. This girl, who went on vacation in the capital, went to concerts and to watch movies.

she had said that ,[ if you go to Tokyo and you talk your normal way you won't be able to communicate properly], she was worried, but somehow managed.

The skyscrapers of Shinjuku and even the houses on the streets, were a big difference compared to her own home which continues into the residential district.

It was Sunday evening.

In front of the station were the confusing masses of people going home, the wave of people walking in the shopping district began to break through, and it suddently became dark.
Kiko hastened her walking.

in front of the arcade was a large highway. The cars heading towards the center of the city continuously zoomed by.

The atmosphere of crossing the highway and the street was different. The area with a wide site was connected to the old apartments.

Page 21

Confirming the markings on the telephone pole, Kiko reached the estate she was seeking.

It looked like an estate built a long time ago, with the narrow winding alleys. she came to face many dead ends and by the time she finally found the house, it was already sunset.

(there it is...)

In front of the door with an earthen embedded nameplate, Kiko stood still.

The surname [Naganuma] was written there.

There was a thick wood inbetween the next houses. Pushing on the concrete wall fence, there were various kinds of small trees.

Between the door, a thin deciduous tree was growing.

she went inside and saw the house of her uncle for the first time. It was a 2 story western styled house, concrete walls, with ivy growing in the north side.

There was a window in what seemed to be like an attic. He was standing there alone in the bright spot, and later went into the dark area of the window.

There looked to be only one light, which seemed somewhat lonely.

??????????Even in her neighborhood there was this kind of mansion, Kiko thought. Remembering herself that she was in an unoccupied house, she became as rough as she wanted.???????????/

There was a face of a woman peeking in the window, she can here the sound of a violin inside the house, it had been the rumor.

Page 22

she wondered why in this house, there was a familiar feeling....

Kiko shook her head.

(I have been disrespectful to uncle.  Additionally, it's an ill omen, in times like these)

Coming up to the entrance, there was a brand new intercom beside the door.

Pushing the button, after a moment, a voice like an old lady answered.

[Who is it?]

[it's Maganuma, Kiko.  Tatsuo's younger sister.]

[Oh my.  Please wait a moment]

The voice, was somewhat brightly surprised.

How to break the ice, Kiko thought while waiting.

Finally, the door opened.

[Welcome.  What's the matter to bring you here So suddenly ?]

Uncle Kyoichirou, was standing in the light of the entrance.

There was no white hair the last time they met, there was just a bit mixed in.  He was three years younger than her father so he is close to 50.

However, the gentle expression,wais just like before.

Finally calmed, Kiko bowed her head.

Page 23

[Excuse me for coming so suddenly.  I called your place of work, but I can't get through]

Uncle smiled.

[i'm sorry about that.  It's because of this spring, my duty changed, I still haven't updated the register of names.  It's probably because of that.  Anyway, please come in.

Uncle closed the door.  That sound, made a profound echo inside the house.

[What a big house.  I'm quite surprised.]

Kiko said, Leaning her back on the living room sofa.

There was a door in the corridor leading from the entrance to the inside.  This living roomt must be at least 10 square meters, and couldn't guess the entire area of the house.

[This house is too large for a married couple like us.  It was the possession of my wife's family, and conveniently put at our disposal.  Well, you can consider us as the care takers]

Uncle answered, while Auntie was preparing the tea, with a fond look in their eyes.

[Anyway, I just feel that we needed to tell you that. It's been a long time, since the last time we met, how long has it been?]

[Four years]

Kiko answered

Page 24

[since the funeral of my Father.]

[Oh my, I'm so sorry.  But you've grown up.  How is your mother?]

[ Lately she seems fine, thank you for asking.]

[That's good to hear]

Uncle put it out of the way.

[Well, I guess that the greetings done.  As for suddenly coming here like this, you must have a reason right?]

Kiko corrected her seating.

[ do you have any knowledge on what brother is currently doing, ?]

Before a reply was given, there was a moment.

[....Tatsuo-kun? Aah, He's doing fine.  What's the matter?  Did you suddenly fall in love with your brother?]

Uncle answered in laughter.  But, it was somehow forced.

[is he really, fine?]

[Of course, why...]

[Just last Thursday, he came back here]

[Thursday?]

Auntie, made a start.

Page 25

[Dear, could it be-]

[yes]

Kiko nodded.

[it's the anniversary of Father's death]

Uncles expression become frozen.

[is that so.  I had forgotten...]

[Even so, there was no communication from him,.  There was to be a memorial service, even if he didn't come back, he would have at least called]

[ He's not in Tokyo right now, he was called away on a sudden business trip]

Uncle said quickly.

[it can't be helped, that he forgot the memorial service.  I'll tell him when he comes back.]

[so, right now is he working in the same place as uncle?]

After his High school graduation , her brother Tatsuo, was employed in the same company after an introduction by his uncle.  It was said that he was adopted by the main office, but his definite area of work was unknown to them.

[Where does he live right now?]

[same as before, his bachelor's pad.... hey hey, do you plan to investigate ?]

Uncle jokingly stated.

On page 20, I think that is fine.  The author is actually putting emphasis on the "usage of words".

As for page 21, It's was saying that there was a rumor about a woman peeking from the window while hearing the sound of a violin.  She is talking about another house which she remembers.  Or were you referring to the "being rough" part?  It means that she can get rowdy as much as she wants.

Posted (edited)

Forgive my rudeness but any new updates on this ? :)

I know it's been almost 4 years but I wonder because many websites went down like guyversolution and  I can't find this novel anywhere except here so if anybody still have the scans I would be grateful if you share them also I found it on Amazon as I saw Jess searching for a second one I believe the seller come from this website suruga since the price is the same.

Greetings!

*Edit: Found another thread where Jess gave a Mega link, many thanks to her !

Edited by Resilixia

Anybody still interested in getting this translated?  It's been too long since I last stopped and I no longer have the reference materials to continue.  So if anyone is interested, just let me know.  Otherwise, I'll deem this as dead.

Yuki posted the novels in a thread just below this one. is it the same book or a different one?

Yeah, I'd love to get this sorted Durendal. Scans of from page 26?

Okay, here is a disclaimer.  I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but the girl's name is Noriko, not Kiko.  I don't know where that came from.  I wasn't probably paying attention then when I was translating those, but the girl's name is definitely Noriko.  Additionally, I've tried to rephrase the sentences to be more palatable to English speakers, instead of literally translating word for word.  Hopefully this will make it easier for whoever is going to edit this.

Page 26

[I even called the office and the dorm. They are saying that there is no such employee.  What could this mean?  Please tell me the truth.]
Noriko's tone was now like interrogating.
Uncle couldn't say anything and just kept quiet.
[...dear.  You have to say something.]
Auntie said defeatingly.
[It's not something that we can hide forever]
[My brother, something happened to him right?]
Takuro closed his eyes.
[...he passed away]
[Is that so?]
Noriko was a bit calm, which surprised the uncle a bit.
[Did you already know?]
[No.  But somehow- something like that]
Noriko shifted her words.
[About the funeral, has it already been done?]
[About that, there has been a delay in communication]
Uncle said vexingly.

Page 27

[I'm not so sure how to say this.  ...in the plant, during work.  A chemical tank broke.  Tatsuo-kun was just changing the equipment.  He still wasn't used to it yet.  He wasn't able to run away quick enough.  ....but those chemicals, seems like it was a strong acid used for solvents]
[was it terrible?]
[-there was nothing left]
Uncle dropped his shoulders.
[I feel somewhat responsible.  If I didn't introduce him to our company, no, or at least have him work in the office, something like this wouldn't have happened.]
[It's alright.  I'm at least grateful for uncle.]
Noriko said without any expression.
[Are there any belonging that are left behind]
[I understand.  I'll try to ask about it tomorrow.  Why don't you stay here for tonight.  From here on, there needs to be a consultation]
Uncle said a lot of things, but none of those registered in Noriko's ears.
But there was one thing that kept on ringing on her head.
[There was nothing left]
Noriko was guided in a small room up a few steps from the first corridor.

• Like 3

Page 28

[I'm so sorry.  We wanted to tell you sooner...please don't be discouraged, okay.]
Even with Auntie's gentle words, she can't help but lower her head silently.
When lying on the bed, the tiredness of the whole day suddenly came out.  However she didn't feel like sleeping, her nerves were strangely awake.
There is a window on the foot of the wall that is as tall as the ceiling.
The one seen from the door is this one.  A window that doesn't open - or rather it was fixed.
I wonder if it was by chance that I entered this room, such doubtful thoughts lingered.
However, what Noriko felt was not despair.  It was anger towards herself.
(I should have come here earlier)
It was because Noriko now knew here brother was dead.

-Last Thursday, there was the death anniversary service of father.
With mother being hospitalized, the only ones left in the household was only Noriko and her younger brother in the second grade.  Relatives living nearby and neighbors came and help out, but after the service has been completed, everyone became so busy suddenly.
She finally slept in the deep of the night, her brother's fall shook Noriko up.
[What? Didn't you promise that you will go to the toilet alone?]
Being tired, Noriko's tone was ill-tempered.

Page 29
[I already did]
Takeshi replied sharply.
[Then that's good.  Good night.]
[Brother came]
Takeshi whispered silently.
[what?]
[The altar, it was open]
Brother was employed in a pharmaceutical company.  He would definitely come back on the day of the funeral service, but without knowing the reason, was absent this year, it made them worry.
But coming back at this late at night....
[Did you open the front door?]
[No]
[Then he won't be able to come in]
[but he was here.  the sliding door to the altar room was open]
[Did you hear anything?]
[But....]
Rarely meeting him, the younger brother was a bit afraid of his older brother.
[This is troublesome.  Anyway, why don't you come here.]

• Like 3