Sign in to follow this  
odin

Tokumei Sentai GoBusters

btw, do you like the Powered Custom upgrades? I do, it also gave a very creative way for Yoko to use her powers since i first thought her powers where kind of lame but now it gives a big tactical advantage.

can i ask you to elaborate on yoko's powers?

I am not sure what you mean.

her powers are the same as the others aren't they?

I am not really fussed about the powered custom to be honest. I don't hate them but i don't really like them either.

I'm of the opinion that upgrades are not an important thing since i feel it can promote lazy writing. concurrently, it can be used for very creative writing.

up until now, I didn't really notice it as anything significant.

I guess I used the term power wrong then, how about ability? Ryuji has Super Strength, Hiromu has Super Speed and Yoko has Super Jump at first I thought it was lame cause it could put you at a disadvantage if you get caught mid-air but with the powered custom upgrade she covered that weakness. The reason for the powered custom upgrades is obviouly to stand a chance against the Messiahdroids since it showed that only Beet and Stag buster could stand a chance at the moment before they upgraded to powered custom, it also fits the technology setting so it is a plus.

Have you seen the recent episode? it is already subbed, this one gives the spotlight to hiromu and how skilled he is piloting Ace, we also get a few more details on the specs of the Megazords and Ace.

sorry, I had completely forgotten about her ability to jump. can't even really remember it being pointed out. they must have done a poor job at introducing that.

I can certainly think of hiromu's speed and ryuji's strength. those have been shown quite clearly but i can't think of her ability very much at all.

now I think i understand how the powered custom might help that.

I do recall one move where she did a rather cool jump kick reminiscent of liu kang.

I haven't seen the more recent episode because tvnihon have not released it yet.

I don't usually like Christmas specials on tokusatsu but Go-buster Christmas Special was really amazing, they managed to make it without toning down the feel of Go-busters also the metaroid on this episode was really creative and I keep liking Enter more and more on this episode it just almost confirmed what i suspected in the beginning about Enter's motivations and if it goes as I suspect this will be undoubtedly the best Super Sentai Series I have watched.

Also Enter's Upgraded form is badass.

haven't watched it for a little bit, been focused on natsume yuujinchou, but I may give this a couple of evenings soon.

I have about 2 or 3 episodes saved up to watch :)

it really doesn't disappoint, does it?

• Like 1

No. Gobusters is definitely a good series. I doubt I'll be watch any PR series soon and go right to the Super Sentai source.

i agree Go-Busters is a good series and also Super sentai rules over PR.. i did a Dekaranger SPD comparison and i'll never watch PR again!

anyway...

i think im on ep 39 or 40. ive been enjoying this series and have only just caught up this far, the thing is though i thought when they went to the sub dimension that that would be the main overall story, so when it happened about 14 eps ago i was like WTF?? and then when space sherriff Gavan popped up i was like WTF x10???

they kind of saved it with the whole Messiah cards thing.

it goes without saying the series is super cool , mecha , fighting, slick style etc. but im seriously hoping that something else major happens so that it will save the series. otherwise as good as it is, i think they may have made a mistake in finishing that part of the story how / when they did...

I think it is going the right track, the thing about Go-Busters is that it treats it's audience like mature people and not like morons, yes Super Sentai and Kamen Rider are glorified toy commercials but it does not mean that they have to sacrifice the essence of what the show is to sell toys in my opinion.

Aether, considering that Go-Busters is almost over I don't think they will add more plots to the show, they have 2 things that they need to take care of that being Jin trapped in the Hyper Dimension and Eliminating Messiah, 3 if you count Enter's yet to be revealed Hidden Agenda.

watched ep 40 last night and have seen Enter be even more cool.

i get your point Odin, i think what i meant is that i hope those things are resolved with some kind of slight twist or in an epic way so that it just doesnt plod on to the end and not deliver a 'bon fin'

speaking of which reminds me of Magiranger, and the fact that Magi yellow is Beet Buster / Jin (its the same actor Matsumoto Hiroya)!!!! did anyone else notice this, does anyone else care???

I know about it and I don't mind, It is not the first time this was done example the guy playing the old Gavan Kenji Ohba also plays Battle Kenya from Battle Fever J and Denzi Blue from Denziman and they would a few times meet even tho it is the same actor, they go around this by just being pure coincidence that and Gavan is not from earth I'm not mistaken.

Edited by odin

there was a big fuss about it on jefusion before jin debuted. not sure if we talked about it here.

but it is pretty awesome isn't it :)/>

I love it when actors go into similar roles.

but it's nice just to see them again!

it's one of the reasons I love watching j-drama.

I've seen the guy who plays sasword, in many different dramas. he is such a charming guy. I've also seen the guy who plays kamen rider kabuto, many different drama.

it is so nice, because as we watch them on the screen, they almost become our friends. oh yeah, the guy who plays wataru in kamen rider kiva has been in a drama called atashinchi no danshi alongside the guy who plays sasword.

Kind of like when I watched the Kiva & Den-O movie, they had the Alternate(Decade) Kuuga play a useless detective, and the only point I liked about the character is that his father was played by Kamen Rider Chalice.

I also like that Kamen Rider J is Geki the TyrannoRanger from ZyuRangers, and Kamen Rider KickHopper/TheBee is Go-On Gold.

Just watched this weeks raw episode and I got to say, I'm practically speechless on how this christmas special turned out, the budget on this episode must have been pretty big considering all the stuff that happened, it was just pure awesome, now to wait patiently for the sub. :)

well i want to see the Go-Busters movie, it actually looks quite good!!

i just saw the raw has been put up, so how long until some kind people sub it do you reckon??????

already subbed and indeed it was awesome as I imagined, nick really got his moment to shine on this episode. :)

yeah i managed to watch the movie before episodes 43 and 44 and im glad i did because...

the frog meccha was introduced and blue buster goes crazy!!

also i just want to say epsode 43 and 44 were AWESOME!! especially ep44

enter gets squashed! and 10 megazords to fight??? WTF

im not sure how many eps are left but if they keep going like this then i'll forgive them for wrapping up that story line earlier. i want another 6 eps like this!!!

weeeeell

Messiah has been defeated but Enter is still a big factor, he is not dead yet and as I suspected he is indeed the final enemy to fight

I'm really exited for this weeks episode.

One thing that has been bugging me is the incredible hate that some people have against this series, to me it is one of the best sentai series out there and frankly there is not many stuff in it to hate in my opinion, on the other hand wizard bores me (it does not feel like a rider series to me) but people that have commented on it love it, the taste of people just amazes me sometimes. XD

Edited by odin

I can see why you are bored with Wizard, but I've stuck with it. I like what they have done for Haruto's motivations, and how they explained Koyomi.

Now for GoBusters, I agree. I'm sure some people don't like the buddyroids but they are needed unlike other mascots. Plus what they did for the villians and have Enter being 'promoted' storywise. I just wished they weren't going back to spandex for the costumes, and take out Saban.

The very little I saw of Power Rangers Samurai shows that the people that who are working it now (with the expection I'm making for Paul Schrier cause I never seen his scenes) truly don't care for a story.

At least when Disney got the rights, I like Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, and I wished I got to finish Mystic Force before Disney buried the show in time slots that no one watches. I was suprised I have seen any episode for Mystic Force X SPD.

If only we got subs or dubs of the actual Super Sentai series like they did for Ultraman Tiga a few years back. Or was it a decade, considering Saturday Morning Cartoons are dead.

Speaking of power rangers, I stumbled upon something interesting that could very well be used for an adaptation for Go-Busters, it is an script that was going to be originally for Hurricanger's adaptation Ninja Storm, it looked very interesting, original and reading into it I was thinking that it could very well be the perfect script for a Go- Busters Adaptation if a few teaks are made, it is called Power Rangers Hexagon, here is the link to the info, trust me, it is worth the read:

http://amitbhaumik.tumblr.com/post/38658236644/hexagon

Maybe, but for me it would be out of place for the GoBuster adaption while the base could be used. I think the idea would be better suited for Gokaiger as a way of a resistance(not underground, but government-like) movement to get the Pirate rangers Earth's ranger keys with the pirates already having pre-Zyuranger, Space, Galaxy, and the Aquatar keys.

tired of waiting for episode 45.

this is why i dont ususally stay upto date with a series i like.

apparently it seems like a 'filler' ep anyway. i think we'll see the beginning of the end in ep 46.

I haven't seen gobusters in so long. it seems like a lot longer than 2 weeks since last episode.

I'm really tired of waiting... :(