Sign in to follow this  
river_chaos

Riv's random self

Thanks Ryuki!

Yay me, the washing machine my dad bought while he was still married to 'the evil' has a handwash mode on it. The water gets too hot too quickly no matter what I do to cool it down in any of the other sinks.

Whoohoo! I'm offically 18!

dnag it... i missed yer birthday.

oh well, happy late birthday riv!

congrats on your driving test!! by the way, how many times did it take you to pass your license permit? it took me 3 times.

as for yarn, i'd usually toss them inwith my other laundry.... but i dont have much yarn type clothes, and i dont use them much... afraid i cant be much help there.

now i dont feel so bad. i passed the sign part first time, but i had to go back for teh written part three times, i always missed like 1 question or something... honestly? i think i failed that third time but the lady behind the desk took mercy on me.

Got my official liscence today at the revenue office while dad straightened out some paperwork on a vehicle. Afterwards we went to the grocery store and nearly overloaded our cart with food because we procrastenated for so long.

post-1770-129348895206_thumb.jpg

This is what happened last time we did something like that...

Thanks for the comments, even though it's one of my fast sketches.

In real life, everyone thinks I'm in basketball or should be in basketball. Gets annoying sometimes, especial on the first day of school with a new teacher.

Yeah, it's normal for girls to play basketball. There were a few girl basketball players from the US who participated in the 2008 Olympic Games if I do remember correctly. Football (not soccer) is the all guys sport in the US.

Really? I didn't know that.

It's raining pretty hard in my area. Not sure if it'll clear up any time soon before nightfall.

Dad and I went to town to get some cat litter and we ran by Hobby Lobby before stopping by PetsMart. I'm looking for wool yarn because it fluffs up better than acrylic yarn; wool yarn= $10, acrylic= $4-$6, didn't know wool would cost more. That'll have to wait until more money comes in though. I did get a little maniquine for $4 and I've shown Dad how it moves to do different poses.

Met a stray dog in my backyard today. I think it's a beagle, not sure, it has brown spots, small height, and has floppy ears. It's not a dog with short legs that can't sctrach it's ears with. Poor thing is half starved and Dad was kind enough to give it some food. I'm going to see if I can find a shelter for it or a caring home.

I finally got around to listening to a CD that came with one of the three music books Dad got me for Christmas. He got me a song book John Williams' best written songs for the flute and that is by far my favorite book. My flute is at school, so I haven't been able to play any of the songs yet T-T. I wanna play Double Trouble so badly...

I also got through the Pokemon League on Pokemon Emerald today, and I'm trying to find Latios (hasn't shown up yet for some reason). I think I finally understand why Legendary Pokemon are called legendary: they're nutorious for being a pain in the butt to catch. It took me 5 trys to catch Rayquaza without the Masterball yesterday.

By the way, is anyone having trouble with dviantArt the past few days? My computer has been having trouble loading it for three days now.

its been raining pretty bad here as well, i just drove home in the rain. it was clear skies, then all of a sudden, a wall of solid water falls from the sky. then the clear sky, then teh wall of water... i hate rain.

holy crap... i'd never though i'd hear about hobby lobby outside of my own state... much less it being mentioned on the internet. um.. thats of course considering that i always thought hobby lobby as a localized store.

oh yeah, hey riv. i asked my mom about the yarn washing thing. she said that the indivdual yarn rolls will have the instructions on the label of each roll. i hope that helps.

no, I haven't been having any difficulty.

maybe something with your connection?

No. I asked my brother and he's having the same problems too. My dad was able to get on it with his laptop but it looks like the site's messed up or something.

I was going through some stuff on my USB storage drive when I came across this: the original chapters of my Guyver story.

Part 1

The alarm went off near six in the morning.

“Damn it…” Rhiannon moaned and slapped the snooze button and turned the alarm off.

“Wake up kiddos,” she heard her friend’s mom call from the kitchen. Rhia could smell pancakes from the kitchen and she hurried to get her school uniform on. It didn’t take long for her to brush her teeth and brush her short, blond hair.

She didn’t slow down until she was in the kitchen.

“Hey Mom,” she said to her friend’s mom, Brandy.

“Morning Rhia,” she replied back. “You’re up before Kali again.”

“Is her alarm not working again?”

“Guess so.”

Rhia sighed. That was Kali. Always the last to get up in the morning and often it was due to her alarm being a pain in the neck.

Rhia hasn’t lived with her real family for nearly four years now, since her mother died. Her stepfather didn’t want her at all and her mother’s father didn’t want anything to do with her.

“He didn’t want to see you,” her stepfather often told her after he’d taken her half siblings to see her grandfather. ‘I guess I’m just a bastard in their eyes,’ she thought ever since she was thrown out of the house when she was only twelve. Since then, she lived with her best friend, Kali, and her family. They had gladly accepted her into their family and she was happy.

“Rhi,” her mom said and she looked to her. “You’ve got that look again.”

“What?”

“You were staring off into space again,” Brandy sighed, “You think too much about the past.”

“I’m sorry,” Rhia began to dig into her plate of pancakes.

“And I still say you have a tapeworm,”

Rhia choked from laughing. She had to agree; no matter how much she ate she didn’t gain a single ounce of weight. Just then Kali dashed in and sat at the table with Rhia.

“I need to get a new clock,” she said and began inhaling her pancakes. When they were both done, the two teens headed out to school.

“Hey, Kali,” Rhia said to Kali as they made their way to school. “On the way home, do you want to get another alarm clock. I’ve got the money to get you a decent one.”

“You don’t have to do that,” Kali said immediately.

“Consider it an early birthday present,”

“Okay, we can stop by a store,” she blushed, “I need to get more color pencils again.”

“Good grief kid. You go through more color pencils than anyone in our school combined,” both she and Kali had art class and band class together; they both played flute and they owned their own instruments. “I hope Mr. Platt is done with Frankenstein by now.”

They and their band directors nicknamed Rhia’s flute Frankenstein because it kept falling apart literally. When she first got her flute, it had a few missing key pads and there was dried orange juice on the body and head joint of the poor thing, then a year later one of the rods that kept the keys in the right place snapped off. Since her sixth grade year, her flute has been in the repair shop more times than any other person’s instrument.

“Why don’t you ask Mom to get you a new flute for your birthday?” Kali suggested. “It’s not that far off, and you’d be able to play at contest.”

“You know I can’t do that,” Rhia replied. “Your family’s done enough for me as it is and I don’t want to put more pressure on you all--”

“And you know damn well that you’re part of the family,” Kali’s voice became firm, “’sides, Mr. Platt has been telling you for a while now to get a new flute or rent one from the school.”

“I guess Frankenstein’s a lost cause then unless I get it sent to a repair shop that can fix it and make it stay together.”

“I guess I don’t need to remind you how much it might be to do that.”

Rhia sighed in defeat. She had that talk with the director too, and the price it would take meant that she’d have to do a lot of work to pay off that bill.

Part 2

Everything appeared to be a normal day.

He blended into the crowd, despite his long pointed ears and wearing shades all the time. It appeared to be another boring day until he saw her.

“Good grief kid,” she said to her friend. “You go through more color pencils than anyone else in our school combined.”

Her ears were just as long and pointy as his, and she was more elegant than a normal human. Her hair was the same blond color as his hair, but it was straight and it bounced with every step she took. Then he saw her eyes and he recognized her at once.

“Rhia,” he murmured so softly that no one could hear him.

“Why don’t you ask Mom to get you a new flute for your birthday?” her friend asked her, both were unaware of an unusual man watching them. She argued that she didn’t want to put any more burden on her friends and as they passed him he sensed her thought waves.

What power! He thought as they continued on their way and he could hear no more of their conversation. “Rhiannon… It’s been a while since I’ve seen you.” Then he continued walking.

I wrote this years ago before I got to the style I'm at right now. Originally I had Rhia living with a friend for four years since her mother died and she's a sophmore in high school. Eventually it got dropped because I hit a dead end that I couldn't get around and no one on deviantArt was commenting on it. Just thought some of you on here would find this entertaining.

Edit: Also, I found this on youtube:

It's a similar opening to the concert I went to last month. Thought Ryuki and Larz Zahn would like to see it and get an idea of what the show is like.

Edited by river_chaos

Today starts my last term in high school. I have First block) Band, Second) Hortorcultur, Third) Computerized Accounting, and Fourth) English 12.

In band for concert season the director decided to put me in the oboe chair because I have trouble with high notes (and I recently found out I have a Cupid's bow), but I'm not complaining since I get to do a solo.

Hort. we're just studying plants and learning how to identify what's good for each species and so on. Next nine weeks is Greenhouse where we get to plant and raise vegetation.

Accounting is going to be a breeze for me, just like CBA, so I don't have to worry about homework in there.

English 12 is probably going to be the challenging class this semester. I know I have issues with gramar and how to identify little hidden mistakes. I swear our English ancestors made it complicated on purpose.

P.S. I still can't get on devianArt. I checked with some other people around school and they're having problems too for some reason.

Edited by river_chaos

I know how you feel. I manage to get B's in English most of the time, and that's because I don't make my essays long enough (fall short of a few words even when I make it nearly three pages long).

What's more boring than the class itself is the long @$$ stories to read. Homer, Shakespear...I could never grasp what they said without the side notes in the text book.

Hey, Ryuki. Be glad you don't have autism like I do.